Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4598 4599 [4600] 4601 4602 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472014 times)

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68985 on: January 10, 2014, 12:31:07 am »

Yeah well, someday everyone else will outnumber the combined Christians, assholes and 'non-assholes' alike. Nothing like repressing some fringe, minority group, right? Keep them tightly controlled and they'll start conforming to rational mode of thought.

Hopefully, the whole country will make certain brain-poison ideologies illegal, so we don't have to deal with these retard hay-seed republicans trying to argue about 'gun rights' or any kind of person that does'nt see reason.

Flush that shit down the toliet I say.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68986 on: January 10, 2014, 12:35:43 am »

See, this is generally what I'm worried about when I get labeled crazy.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68987 on: January 10, 2014, 12:51:20 am »

See, this is generally what I'm worried about when I get labeled crazy.
Yeah, I'm Christian too and...well, I'm not labeled crazy.

What I'm sad is that labels stick as a stereotype due to some inconsiderate people who choose to attack rather than think of, or before acting. >_>

Better yet--to think about why they're doing it in general. There are lotsa Christians who...don't do what represents the crux of what defines Christianity.

Edit:
I agree with kaijyuu.

In my limited experience with ladies of the Christian persuasion, they had a ton of religious baggage about sex and relationships and even if we had gotten past it somehow it would just eat her up inside, and all her friends / family / churchgoers would be constantly meddling and badgering her about how she's giving up God for some guy who isn't even Christian.
In truth, its as subjective as personal beliefs about people--not just being Christian. <_<
Look into it first before...stating a generality, please?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:54:18 am by Tiruin »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68988 on: January 10, 2014, 12:52:23 am »

The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
How true. Mind if I sig this?
Go for it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68989 on: January 10, 2014, 12:55:52 am »

For me, Christianity is not about the big voice in the sky that makes magic happen and makes you drink its/its son's blood and throws people into the burny hot place. It's about the unconditional love and respect for your peers and those around you, to act and carry oneself selflessly and with humility, living to do good things for others not for some reward or promise of salvation, but because it's good to help others.
If you are a Christian- you are the best of Christians.

[christian] [girl] [crushes] [angst]

I have had this exact same situation happen very recently.

Except for me, she literally said 'I was interested, but I had a bad experience dating a non-christian boy, so now I'm done with it.'

So yes. Que me dealing with it very calmly and with much CHARISMA, and laughing and joking and being very nice and getting home and tossing pillows like "Why can't I be that mistake!?"

Let us make an angst circle, for all of us unequally yoked people.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:32:55 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68990 on: January 10, 2014, 12:58:40 am »

I'd join that angst circle, for being stereotyped by it!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68991 on: January 10, 2014, 01:23:17 am »

I apologize, but:
Quote from: 2 Corinthians 6:14
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean things; and I will receive you.
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
You can either say here that the good book is flawed, or that I have reason to stereotype.
That's New Testament King James, too.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #68992 on: January 10, 2014, 01:53:06 am »

The whole thing is about guidance.
Not really being told directly what to do by a voice from the sky, but more of a... code of conduct for life that leads to it's own lessons that in turn keep you on the right track.
At least, that's how I interpret it.
This is a wise way to view religion.

That's pretty much how I view it too. Most religions really aren't at all bad when you get down to morals and the general idea and whatnot. Christianity has some excellent suggestions on treating other people, and if it weren't for the extremely devout people who are more intent on hating others for silly reasons than they are on actually supporting others selflessly--which is pretty much the core concept behind Christianity-- then Christianity would probably have a better reputation.

For another example, Buddhism as a religion/philosophy is pretty much entirely based around self-reflection and self-improvement to achieve enlightenment. There's not really a god working, it's entirely on you to improve yourself to benefit yourself and others. I probably respect Buddhism the most. There's good things to be learned from many religions. Maybe even Pastafarians. Teaches a sense of humour, y'know.

I find it hard to believe that a god who selflessly loves and forgives people and wants the best for them would have a problem with people practicing other religions if the religions do good for the person. It's illogical to think that the omnipotent, all-loving sentient force of existence that's the figurehead of Christian beliefs could not be open minded. Maybe I'm a heretic doomed to hellfire for thinking that. Whatever. I try to be a good person. That should be enough.

...Whelp. I'm done spouting my looney religious tolerance. Carry on with whatever.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #68993 on: January 10, 2014, 02:09:40 am »

Yeah well, someday everyone else will outnumber the combined Christians, assholes and 'non-assholes' alike. Nothing like repressing some fringe, minority group, right? Keep them tightly controlled and they'll start conforming to rational mode of thought.

Hopefully, the whole country will make certain brain-poison ideologies illegal, so we don't have to deal with these retard hay-seed republicans trying to argue about 'gun rights' or any kind of person that does'nt see reason.

Flush that shit down the toliet I say.

Are you being serious? Because that's just a really fucking dumb thing to say.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68994 on: January 10, 2014, 02:11:57 am »

See, Wilfor? That is a guy who actually wants to forcefully destroy your religion. I just don't like it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68995 on: January 10, 2014, 03:48:54 am »

I love a woman and she, to both of our dismays, does not feel the same.

I don't want other fish.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68996 on: January 10, 2014, 03:57:08 am »

In other news, I've taken a different approach to the exit option, now I don't want it as a cowards move, I want it because I am tired of feeling like there is some pattern in all of this and I don't care if it's a god doing this, or the matrix, or nothing at all but I want to rebel in the biggest way and try my luck at the other side because it all feels empty and like broken glass over here.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68997 on: January 10, 2014, 04:26:16 am »

I apologize, but:
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean things; and I will receive you.
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
You can either say here that the good book is flawed, or that I have reason to stereotype.
I'm not entirely following your argument. Might just because I jumped in midway.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #68998 on: January 10, 2014, 04:29:25 am »

I apologize, but:
The Bible really isn't as important to Christians as you'd think. People only believe what they want to believe after all.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68999 on: January 10, 2014, 04:33:26 am »

I apologize, but:
Wherein I say that subjectivity of meaning comes into play, as I stand on one core principle: He does not or never did create evil.

You guys are not evil. >_>
[Also that's sorta pulling it out of context--there is context behind why those verses were written that way. :P
That...Aaaaaand the problem with these things is that there should be understanding on these things. Like, captions//explanations.]

Anyway.

'nother sad: Breastfeeding in public--people...make fun of it. >_>
WHile on some other hand, there are those who...blegh. Too disgusting to type out.
Pages: 1 ... 4598 4599 [4600] 4601 4602 ... 8153