Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4639 4640 [4641] 4642 4643 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471898 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69600 on: January 29, 2014, 12:53:36 pm »

Watching that newish Hulk movie, and I'm kinda disappointed because of how little damage there was to the normal humans he tangoed with.
Right? I know the guy he fought was supposed to be some kind of badass normal but the Hulk is a bit heavier than a tank. >.>
Well yeah, but honestly I think I don't watch the Hulk movies with the right mindset. I enjoy Hulk smashing things, and not puny emotional relationships like he usually gets trapped with.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69601 on: January 29, 2014, 02:15:51 pm »

Hi guys...
Spoiler: wall o' text (click to show/hide)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69602 on: January 29, 2014, 02:21:36 pm »

I got my first college admissions decisions letter.

Today, I won't be posting in the Happy Thread.

The fact that 1000 people applied for 64 seats makes me feel better. Sorta.

And I was really hoping to attend that school, too.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69603 on: January 29, 2014, 08:41:44 pm »

My forehead is too tall.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69604 on: January 30, 2014, 01:13:08 am »

My forehead is too tall.

* LordSlowpoke gets the chainsaw.

Let's fix that, then.

anyway, a pianist has apparently made it their sole goal in life to make me sad for as long as they live and probably even longer considering we're in the age of digital records but then also ensured their music is beautiful enough that while i know it makes me sad i get right back to it and get even more fucking sad

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69605 on: January 30, 2014, 02:08:51 am »

I'm afraid I barely glanced at this the first time, but I felt bad, so I've come back to comment.
I'm also feeling like I just don't understand the calc work I'm doing at all. I'm trying to, but it's just not clicking together very well, I feel like I'm missing bits and pieces that I need to really get that comprehension I need. Though maybe it will come with time. a lot of things in calc 1 only made sense to me towards the end of the semester.
I was in the exact same position last semester. My grade began to drop alarmingly, but I tried to muscle through it alone. That was the worst decision I made in 2013. The second I got help, my grade started climbing. Your college probably offers free/cheap tutoring/study help. USE IT.

I dropped my physics class because frankly the teacher was one of the worst teachers I've ever had. The psych class I'm taking also requires me to basically write one short paper a week, which isn't that bad I suppose, but I'm horrible at writing papers, and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to pull it off.
A. That was a smart thing to do, by the sounds of it. If you aren't learning, you're wasting everyone's time. B. What exactly do you struggle with when writing essays?
I've also been trying to work on the whole moving out thing, but no real progress has been made, I'm still feeling frightened as hell about the entire thing, and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to overcome my agoraphobia issues.
Well, as someone who has been bored out my mind by presentations about mental health awareness and suicide prevention, I can say with confidence that your school has mental health professionals that will help you. Remember what I said about tutors? The same applies to counselling. Use it. I believe that... Vector? has just started getting help, with great results.
My mother is... being my mother. She's also been opening my letters and censoring them apparently, there was this whole card against humanity 12 days of Christmas thing that my brother got for me, she opened it and took great objection to the contents, which I can sort of understand, but I'd really rather she wasn't vetting my mail.
While [it sounds like] you are living in her house, you're an adult, and she has no business touching your mail. Also, it's a federal offense to open another person's mail, so... there's that. Just going to leave it there.

Hi guys... I'm back, I kinda spent a few months away from the forums to clear my head and try to deal with some stuff, but it's kind of reached the point where I don't feel it's really helping me much at all right now.
Hi! I don't believe we've met before! I'm My Name is Immaterial, a random person on the internet who has given you advice you didn't really ask for. It's nice to meet you!

Always remember that you've got a bunch of people sitting behind computer screens hoping that everything goes well for you.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #69606 on: January 30, 2014, 02:23:22 am »

Always remember that you've got a bunch of people sitting behind computer screens hoping that everything goes well for you.

^
Bay12 is always here for you, Pnx. Even if I suck at advice. I sympathize with the familial issues you're having, though.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #69607 on: January 30, 2014, 06:53:56 am »

^
Bay12 is always here for you, Pnx. Even if I suck at advice. I sympathize with the familial issues you're having, though.
This.
*brohugs Pnx*

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #69608 on: January 30, 2014, 08:09:06 am »

Welcome back dude :D

Hopefully stuff works out for you.

My sad isn't that big, but it's somewhat WTF-y
Basically, I was talking about headphones with my roommate yesterday, and said how pleasantly suprised I am with my current generic Nokia phones, that they're quite old and still in pretty damn good condition, as in, working perfectly.
This morning, as I'm leaving the house the right one starts breaking up and eventually falls silent :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69609 on: January 30, 2014, 11:45:22 am »

^
This.
+1

Bay12ers look out for their own the best they can.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69610 on: January 30, 2014, 12:32:10 pm »

^
This.
+1

Bay12ers look out for their own the best they can.
I agree. You were awesome to us and we'll be awesome back :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69611 on: January 30, 2014, 12:49:01 pm »

Called my sweetheart the other day and found out her schedule keeps her busy from early in the morning to late in the afternoon, with apparently no break in between. The means no more having lunch with her, since I don't know if she even has time during the day for lunch... though I hope she does, if nothing else so that she's not missing a meal during the day.

Worse still, I asked if she would at least be around on Valentine's Day, but she said she didn't have classes that day*. That means my original plan of surprising her with flowers and chocolates is shot. Although I do know where she lives, that's not the kind of thing I feel comfortable giving to her in front of her reasonably protective parents, especially her very reasonably protective father. Any other ideas?

* I didn't specifically say Valentine's Day, though. I simply asked if she'd be there on Friday three weeks from now. I hope she got the idea I wanted to see her that day.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69612 on: January 30, 2014, 12:52:18 pm »

Write some romantic poetry and give it to her in a nice envelope.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69613 on: January 30, 2014, 01:00:53 pm »

Are you one of the singers on the board?

If so, record a short video of a serenade, and give it to her in a USB drive.

If not, record a short video of a serenade, and give it to her in a USB drive. I'm sure it'll get a good laugh out of her. :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #69614 on: January 30, 2014, 01:08:17 pm »

Well, we're getting evicted from this house for being late on the rent. Fun.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 4639 4640 [4641] 4642 4643 ... 8153