Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4641 4642 [4643] 4644 4645 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470330 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69630 on: January 30, 2014, 08:20:49 pm »

WILLING confrontation helps. As I found, being forced into confronting it exacerbates the situation.

Also, I've been looking about websites and stuff. It seems the majority of (at least the net using) British people seem to have somewhat xenophobic views. Are they British? If Y, good. If N, they are suspicious!

I thought Britain was cool, but this also upsets me. :(

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69631 on: January 30, 2014, 08:21:55 pm »

Pshhhh. Heights are nothing. It's the sudden stop at the bottom that scares me.
I'm fine with sudden stops. I do them nearly every day. For example, getting into bed involves me suddenly stopping on my back, side or belly.

I think even when you're laying down, you're still technically moving at many thousands of miles per hour. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69632 on: January 30, 2014, 08:22:59 pm »

WILLING confrontation helps. As I found, being forced into confronting it exacerbates the situation.

Also, I've been looking about websites and stuff. It seems the majority of (at least the net using) British people seem to have somewhat xenophobic views. Are they British? If Y, good. If N, they are suspicious!

I tend to gravitate towards Americans more than the English when I'm online for this reason.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69633 on: January 30, 2014, 08:29:54 pm »

If you can cook good scrambled eggs then that's all that matters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #69634 on: January 30, 2014, 08:39:30 pm »

The world is still in need of an introduction to Sanskrit that does not have any of the following, fatal flaws:

-remarkably thin (Coulson)
-impenetrable and bad at explaining things (also Coulson)
-written in the 19th century (Whitney)
-published in India with a shit binding that is going to fall apart by lesson three (Egenes)
-written by an academic who is too focused on Getting in Touch with the Mystic Orient to land a real tenure position and has instead been relegated to the Maharishi School of Management in Fairfield, Iowa (Egenes again, though remarkably his introduction to the subject is widely and probably justifiably considered the best on the market; it's the one I just bought so we'll see how it goes...)

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #69635 on: January 30, 2014, 08:43:32 pm »

I wish could help, but my attitude towards mother difficulties is heavily colored by my own experiences, and aren't really helpful.
Pshhhh. Heights are nothing. It's the sudden stop at the bottom that scares me.
I'm fine with sudden stops. I do them nearly every day. For example, getting into bed involves me suddenly stopping on my back, side or belly.

I think even when you're laying down, you're still technically moving at many thousands of miles per hour. :P
Relative to what? Relative to myself, I am perfectly still: It's the whole world that moves.

I did not know this, although I suspected.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69636 on: January 30, 2014, 08:44:05 pm »

I can try.

Excellent.  Your first test starts on Monday. Bring high visibility waterproof clothing, a rucksack, a sharp knife and suitable footwear.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69637 on: January 30, 2014, 08:48:35 pm »

Probably the only British people who actually make a deal of being british are the patriots and right-wingers, who are in the midst of a long anti-immigrant campaign. Most british people are not in fact xenophobic pricks, but it's safe to say anyone in UKIP or the BNP can be considered one.

You find them with every nationality, but I've found a lot of people assume that most english-speakers are american by default, so the only ones that mention otherwise are aforementioned.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69638 on: January 30, 2014, 08:50:56 pm »

Wait, do I have to find the eggs myself?

Screw Scotland! You can leave us!

I failed to mention that I dine exclusively on the eggs of ospreys, forgive me.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #69639 on: January 30, 2014, 10:26:22 pm »

Wait, do I have to find the eggs myself?

Screw Scotland! You can leave us!

I failed to mention that I dine exclusively on the eggs of ospreys, forgive me.
That's nice. I subsist mostly off the blood of tourists and flesh of sewer rats (and small Jerseyites) myself; greatorder can come over the pond and help me prepare my meals if he wishes.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69640 on: January 31, 2014, 12:44:50 am »

First night off I've had in a while and I'm apparently spending it crying.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #69641 on: January 31, 2014, 01:00:36 am »

:(

Good luck.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69642 on: January 31, 2014, 01:03:59 am »

Better out than in, I guess.  Because puking and weeping are pretty much isomorphic, right?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69643 on: January 31, 2014, 01:05:08 am »

If you don't drain your tears frequently enough you'll drown.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #69644 on: January 31, 2014, 01:05:54 am »

Better out than in, I guess.  Because puking and weeping are pretty much isomorphic, right?
Hm... Yeah, pretty much, come to think of it. I had to look up tear duct structure to be sure, though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 4641 4642 [4643] 4644 4645 ... 8153