Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4643 4644 [4645] 4646 4647 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472413 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69660 on: January 31, 2014, 11:22:13 am »

Yeah, but it's more that it's a game between friends, involving money, and based entirely on trust. Which I am the host for.

Also there was such a massive awkward silence afterwards, too...
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69661 on: January 31, 2014, 11:29:47 am »

Busy-ness strikes again! Busy-ness has robbed you of Free Time.

There goes my time to update and refurbish what I have to update/post. :X

Bleh. Will. Should. Finish tomorrow.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69662 on: January 31, 2014, 12:21:24 pm »

Lord of the Flies slashfics.
Why would anybody write this fucksakes Golding deliberately made all of the characters prepubescent boys to avoid this kind of thing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69663 on: January 31, 2014, 12:26:40 pm »

Because internet, unfortunately. If it exists, someone's (probably poorly) written slashfics about it.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Philii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69664 on: January 31, 2014, 12:53:40 pm »

If someone ask me,Things that made you sad today.
my answer is me.
Sorry for Grammar.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #69665 on: January 31, 2014, 01:02:11 pm »

Why would anybody write this fucksakes Golding deliberately made all of the characters prepubescent boys to avoid this kind of thing.
Excuse me while I strangle the Internet in revenge.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #69666 on: January 31, 2014, 01:05:04 pm »

Don't. Do you want them to spill into the real world?!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #69667 on: January 31, 2014, 01:09:08 pm »

Don't. Do you want them to spill into the real world?!
That's only if I rip it in half, which I won't do.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69668 on: January 31, 2014, 02:12:35 pm »

The original writer is laughing that they're getting attention for it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69669 on: January 31, 2014, 02:20:50 pm »

I'm sad because Toady won't spend a bit of time fixing the more glaring UI issues. I understand he doesn't want to make a change that'll just be nullified in future versions, but doing something like consolidating the commands, so that Escape always goes back one page, space always pauses/unpauses, enter always selects, etc? Adding a Dwarf Therapist style labour screen and/or Gnomoria-style professions (letting you make a "Metalworker" profession that has all the metal-working labours, and just telling a Dwarf "You're a metalworker now." and he has those labours)? Adding the DFHack Search function to screens? Letting you select a material to build constructions with, even if you don't have that material on hand, a la DFHack planning mode?

Those don't seem like things that would be nullified in the future, and would make playing the vanilla game so much better. I'm sure one could think of further changes like that, of course.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69670 on: January 31, 2014, 06:14:15 pm »

Uhhh ... Descan, look over here. >___>
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #69671 on: January 31, 2014, 06:43:33 pm »

(letting you make a "Metalworker" profession that has all the metal-working labours, and just telling a Dwarf "You're a metalworker now." and he has those labours)?

We used to have this, and it was horribly inefficient. The professions got split up so you can tell someone to do either weaponsmithing OR armorsmithing, before they'd do either/or with the same profession, with about 0 usefulness without being manager-screen-babysitting your smiths/etc.

And you can do exactly this anyway, right now, by pressing shift+enter on a profession category to toggle all of the jobs under the category.

Unless you mean creating your own professions somehow like Therapist and being able to hot-swap them on people, which would be entirely new and likely a different layer of UI to fight through.

AFAIK 'Esc' is universal usage, things like '+' and '-' and the number key scrolling should be universal or moved to pageup/pagedown. All in all it's still a pretty big clusterfuck of a task just to do that, though, which makes me have sympathy when Toady says he'll "work on it", and makes me appreciate all the 3rd party developers having a swipe at UI stuff.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 06:49:35 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69672 on: January 31, 2014, 07:51:58 pm »

Left an acquaintance of mine alone at a campus restaurant. It felt kind of wrong to do, but she was eating in and I was getting takeout with no prior agreement to eat together, so...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #69673 on: January 31, 2014, 07:55:20 pm »

Come now, that's always an opportunity for the eat and chat!
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #69674 on: January 31, 2014, 08:22:42 pm »

At first, I didn't really pay any mind to it, but lately, it's becoming a bit worrying, but one of my cats seems to have disappeared, and I have no clue where to start looking. What doesn't help is that he's all black, so trying to look for them at night (and especially since we've had 3 cold rainy days in a row, which probably isn't good for them either if they're hurt somewhere) is a tad on the difficult side. Make matters worse, it seems they've been gone for at least 2-3 days so far, possibly longer. I hope nothing bad happened to them.

We have some surprisingly large birds in our area (though I have yet to see them snatch up anything, though it is a concern when walking the dog, seeing as they're big enough to pluck them off the road as I am walking them), not to mention, there are also snakes, though the cats know how to guard themselves against them, and the local snakes are too small to be a cause of worry (biggest one that was a rattler was killed long ago, and it was a threat to everyone); which leaves the local raccoons, which can get pretty nasty in some cases (one of our last cats from eons ago (at least a decade or 2) got mauled by one and didn't survive the attack).

And of course, there's other people, tourists and the like; especially considering the cat's a bit of a Casanova with everyone they meet. Only other thing that remains as a theory, though we already explored the local areas, is the potential that they're trapped somewhere, but I haven't heard any meowing in any strange locations, and last time something like that occurred, he was trapped in the shed for about 2-3 days straight. Basically, I'm gonna be spending all day tomorrow looking around the block for them, or at worst (God forbid), their remains.

Pray for their safety and return, and that we can find them in one piece and alive.

EDIT:
Considering the Casanova bit I mentioned earlier, along with the recent weather, chances are that someone must've taken him in while they were taking shelter from the weather. Hopefully, our neighbors might be of some help; then again, the Humane Society/Animal Control may have gotten a hold of them too, and if not addressed in time, could either have brought him to another household, or destroyed them. In some cases, our neighbors were being dicks about the times our dog ran off, and called the HS/AC, even though despite not wearing a collar at the time sometimes, they knew we owned them, but wanted them removed nonetheless, somewhat for good; so that's not a longshot, unfortunately. Despite looking like a miniature panther, he's harmless (though capable of standing their ground, having some bobcat in their genes), and quite the affectionate type. Why any harm would come to them is a mystery.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:39:05 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 4643 4644 [4645] 4646 4647 ... 8153