Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4644 4645 [4646] 4647 4648 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472423 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69675 on: January 31, 2014, 09:20:22 pm »

Uhhh ... Descan, look over here. >___>
Ah... Hm. Well okay then.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69676 on: January 31, 2014, 11:43:18 pm »

Today has been a long day filled with sighs.

Just now I pointed out to a girl posting on Facebook about a scammy organization that claims to be uber-exclusive and super charitable about how their organization is made to fleece cash off of people like her (in a nicer tone, of course), but was told off. (Obviously, if their website looks legit, that makes them legit. It's not like anybody could make an official looking website for any purpose under the sun) >_< Oh well, have fun sending them a giant application fee for...pretty much nothing.

Secondly, I broke some hearts today. See, I've been a bit of a terrible person, and I didn't realize that this girl around my school still liked me. Apparently I've been leading her on a bit, and I feel really terrible. So I finally just straight out told her I was gay (which is a true fact) and ended that. I felt really terrible but I kind of just had to do it, because the last thing I want is for somebody to miss out on finding a prom date or whatever because they're hoping that I will ask them. Social interaction is hard.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69677 on: January 31, 2014, 11:47:40 pm »

Of course, if someone misses out on a prom/date/whatever because they're waiting for someone to ask them... Well, I understand being shy. But if they were using the excuse of "But guys are supposed to ask!", then they deserve whatever they get.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69678 on: January 31, 2014, 11:49:24 pm »

Of course, if someone misses out on a prom/date/whatever because they're waiting for someone to ask them... Well, I understand being shy. But if they were using the excuse of "But guys are supposed to ask!", then they deserve whatever they get.

It's kind of seen as "not counting" if they have to ask, because they weren't good enough to be asked.  Not saying it's right, but it is what it is.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69679 on: January 31, 2014, 11:52:02 pm »

what sort of bullshit-

* LordSlowpoke sighs.

things like these are what turns me off of this whole "let's learn how society works" idea, even if the primary motivation is to work parallel to it in the first place

though i can figure out how it could possibly be reasoned. that's a plus?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69680 on: January 31, 2014, 11:52:45 pm »

Well, it's not until like May, but seems to be all that is on people's minds lately. But yeah, this is the kind of person who I would expect to have that kind of view. And Vector is right, a lot of girls will eventually ask a guy at some point, but would much rather be asked by a boy first. I'm probably going to end up going, but I'm not sure if I'll have a date. I'm a bit shy myself, at least when it comes to anything involving dates. Plus a total lack of people who I'm interested in who are interested in people of my gender.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69681 on: January 31, 2014, 11:53:16 pm »

So that means that guys are never good enough to be asked!

:I

Logic!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69682 on: January 31, 2014, 11:54:23 pm »

welcome to reality deschen vOv

you can still sign that 2408 page contract and become a magical girl i guess

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69683 on: January 31, 2014, 11:55:58 pm »

but then i'll never be able to go to a prom because no one will ask me

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69684 on: January 31, 2014, 11:56:40 pm »

welcome to reality deschen vOv

you can still sign that 2408 page contract and become a magical girl i guess

Every time I wish upon an eyelash (this is a thing, I swear. It's not just me D:) FAKEEDIT: It is a thing.
I wish that I could become a Magical Girl. Sure, you turn into a witch at the end but it would so be worth it.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #69685 on: February 01, 2014, 01:03:55 am »

So that means that guys are never good enough to be asked!

:I

Logic!
Yeah, I was once the type that waited until a girl decides to break the social mold that has been cast by society's shallow standards (especially after enough failures of approaching them myself; I approached, but failed (100% of the time; even the ones "below my means" turned me down because I was "a nice person" (No shit. That was their actual excuse; I was turned down because I was a kind person, though not a "nice guy" (big difference))), and in some cases publicized failure (laughed out, loudly, with an audience, including other prospects)), but seeing as it's taking an eternity to happen, and by now dating standards and such will have subsided (where it feels a bit too late for me to give a fuck anymore and accept being celibate and live in peaceful solitude in my own mind), and most of my prospects are married already, have kids, and such... Fuck it.

If by some freak miracle, I DO somehow come across somebody I find appealing (and it IS more than skin-deep; I seek compatibility and companionship more than sex, unlike the rest of the world, or what the media plagues us with in that subject (looking at you Rom-Coms)), I'm gonna take advantage of the opportunity when it comes (I, like many others, prefer to not die alone). I've already had my fun of being the one to disappoint one approaching me (for less than noble reasons) for once. How? Standard social protocol, small talk, she asked if I lived nearby, I pointed to a monolith of a house right nearby that looked like I made serious income, and told her that my house is the one behind it (by which, I was actually telling the truth, and inviting her to visit while at it, if she was interested. Needless to say...). Her reaction went from bright and living the fantasy to the biggest disappointment ever. Picking up on those signs immediately, I felt satisfied and without regret turning her down afterwards and/or not chasing/approaching again, since my paranoia of such a girl (she was pretty, not denying it; however, she was, as others would point out, "out of my league") was blaring like a microphone feedback through a megaphone (AKA- My gold-digger alert). All turn-downs and such being a given sign to me, I naturally have trust issues, especially where dating is concerned. In summary, I am a solitary being. Greater insult, I feel like I am supposed to have a large family of my own later in my life, and am hit with the right genes to accomplish the task, but the absolute worst odds and circumstances to pull it off (being near-30 is not helping one bit; especially with 0-experience dating, and 0-success overall. I don't even get to enjoy dating this late into the game; I need a reset button or a savestate and maybe a way to hack reality, or cheat at life sans retribution/consequence.). On the plus side, if I ever become a 40-year-old-virgin, at least it's because society rejected me, not because I was bad at life or living. So to speak, if Heaven exists, I have some files I'd like God to process and make up for it. My refund in the afterlife better be worth it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:32:44 am by Itnetlolor »

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #69686 on: February 01, 2014, 02:44:27 am »

Today I learned that Tennessee, a very good and unbelievably badass (seriously, going just by the stories of his past that he was kind enough to share with me, I can honestly say the dude's life is the stuff legends are made of) homeless friend of mine got struck with a nasty case of frostbite earlier last week, and shortly afterward hopped on a bus back to his home state.

He's got family there, so I suppose it's ultimately for the best. But goddamn am I gonna miss him.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69687 on: February 01, 2014, 03:01:08 am »

Maybe you'll see him again somewhere down the track. :)

My current (pretty bullshit) Sad is that there is only one of me, and too many things I would like to do tonight. Eeeeeshhh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69688 on: February 01, 2014, 03:02:26 am »

but then i'll never be able to go to a prom because no one will ask me
I would ask you to the prom anyway~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69689 on: February 01, 2014, 03:03:56 am »

oh allecat senpai~ ugu~

* Descan signs contract!~
Pages: 1 ... 4644 4645 [4646] 4647 4648 ... 8153