Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4684 4685 [4686] 4687 4688 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470370 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #70275 on: February 17, 2014, 11:02:38 pm »

Because in a world full of goods and services, the one thing which should not be tolerated is someone simply inventing money out of thin air.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70276 on: February 17, 2014, 11:03:13 pm »

* Descan pops in.

o-o

* Descan pops out.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #70277 on: February 18, 2014, 12:42:58 am »

Today I feel horrible. To clarify, I came home yesterday at 7:40 p.m. (Here 9 p.m. is considered late) from an almost 12-hour car trip, so of course today I was stumbling blindly through school half asleep. Then I remember that due to knowledge bowl and mathcounts, I missed ninety things, at least three projects, and I have one project due tomorrow. No worries, I've pulled myself out of worse cases. I can do this. The only thing I forgot to add is: I can do this, in a healthy state of mind. I literally could not bring myself to write a paragraph at a time. I spent at least three hours trying to write two pages, and now my body itches and my clothes feel horrible on me and I'm uncomfortable and more tired every second.
And tomorrow I've got more of this nightmare coming up.

Taking a short nap can help get you in a better state of mind rather than trying to force a result for two three hours. In those two three hours you could have taken a one hour nap and then get about as much done in the next two hours and hopefully feel better enough to make progress. Naps are pretty great.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70278 on: February 18, 2014, 06:38:16 am »

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight so I'll stay up desperately trying to find things to occupy myself with for the next 12 hours or so.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #70279 on: February 18, 2014, 07:01:36 am »

Quote from: ToadyOne
I led one party member into a room where rested a dead relative, and they fell to the ground crying...
:<

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70280 on: February 18, 2014, 07:51:02 am »

My desktop computer, which I have had for nearly 11 years, appears to have died.  It doesn't boot, and I can't even get into the bios for more than a few seconds before it freezes.

Fortunately, since my computer was so old I kept backups on my flash drives of important things.  It's still a hassle though.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #70281 on: February 18, 2014, 11:30:16 am »

Today was terrible.
I hate PE.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70282 on: February 18, 2014, 11:36:37 am »

Yeah, it sucked when I had it. Ah well. Soon enough you'll graduate and you'll never have to do it again.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70283 on: February 18, 2014, 11:38:06 am »

When they actually do the E part of PE, it can be sometimes useful. Knowing how to exercise can be quite valuable as you get older.

Most of the time PE is just excuses to get you to run around "like children should."
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70284 on: February 18, 2014, 12:04:29 pm »

Today was terrible.
I hate PE.

My every memory of PE is me writhing on the ground, mid-asthma attack, both suffocating and on the verge of puking my guts out.

It was the misery cherry on the top of the shit sundae that was my HS experience.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70285 on: February 18, 2014, 12:17:35 pm »

Yeah, it sucked when I had it. Ah well. Soon enough you'll graduate and you'll never have to do it again.
Unless you join the military.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #70286 on: February 18, 2014, 12:33:46 pm »

I actually quite enjoyed PE at school. Unless it was swimming, or football (soccer).

When it got to the point that there were separate classes for those actually studying PE, as opposed to just running around, it got better though. Just playing a game of basketball for an hour with my friends once a week in the middle of school was highly entertaining.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70287 on: February 18, 2014, 12:34:30 pm »

Boyfriend left me because 'I was more serious about the relationship than he was'. He says he's looking for something serious when we started going out, but when it came down to it he just wasn't. Fantastic.

At least he didn't string me along like the last one. Last one I had to call out because he kept cancelling, rescheduling, etc. He was straight up using me til I called him out on it.

I seriously need to take a break from dating. :'(

That sucks, Fool. My sympathies.

Keep trying I guess. I'm lucky enough to be in quite a stable relationship, even if it is currently long-distance.

Though with these things I think an early break is better than letting things drag on. People do change their minds or find they want something other than what they thought. Doesn't make it suck any less, but...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70288 on: February 18, 2014, 12:40:38 pm »

Ah well. Soon enough you'll graduate and you'll never have to do it again.
Then, you'll have to pay a monthly fee to do exercise in a gym.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70289 on: February 18, 2014, 12:46:54 pm »

You can even pay taxes to let other people do PE, in fact.

---

I'm tempted to make an exercise thread. You do boxing, isn't it, MZ? Or some kind of martial art. I do shotokan karate. I wonder what other people do?
Pages: 1 ... 4684 4685 [4686] 4687 4688 ... 8153