Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4688 4689 [4690] 4691 4692 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471798 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #70335 on: February 18, 2014, 06:47:53 pm »

Then how about making like a dubstep track and dropping it? This derail has gone on for long it no longer has anything to do with being sad.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #70336 on: February 18, 2014, 07:19:56 pm »

Yes, the Dubstep That Made You Sad Today Thread.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70337 on: February 18, 2014, 08:49:46 pm »

All of it?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70338 on: February 18, 2014, 09:10:52 pm »

If you're talking about martial arts you could move it to the exercise thread.

*hint, hint
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #70339 on: February 18, 2014, 09:19:10 pm »

Debating wether or not I should pull an all-nighter to try and reset my sleep schedule. It's already 3 AM so I should be in bed anytime now. But I'd really like to get it back to normal because waking up at noon every day isn't that fun. But if I do stay up that means tommorrow is giong to be very shitty, and I'm going to see the Lego movie tommorrow, don't wanna go all zombie :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #70340 on: February 18, 2014, 09:25:46 pm »

-snip-
That's a whole bunch of awesome info I didn't know. Super neat stuff. Also Terminators.

-snip-
As a wrestler of great experience I say: wise words indeed. Very well put Leo, that was really fun to read. :)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70341 on: February 18, 2014, 09:40:32 pm »

My grandma just called me a guy in a Facebook message. I'm not sure what to do here. Do I correct her? How do I correct her? I sure as hell want to say "Seriously? You misgendered me on my FEMALE Facebook profile, where I have a FEMALE name and FEMALE pronouns? Are you doing this on purpose?" but of course that would be rude, and I don't want to be rude to someone who's sending me presents all the time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70342 on: February 18, 2014, 09:42:19 pm »

My grandma just called me a guy in a Facebook message. I'm not sure what to do here. Do I correct her? How do I correct her? I sure as hell want to say "Seriously? You misgendered me on my FEMALE Facebook profile, where I have a FEMALE name and FEMALE pronouns? Are you doing this on purpose?" but of course that would be rude, and I don't want to be rude to someone who's sending me presents all the time.

Correct her in a teasing way.  That lets the main emotion be "amusement" rather than "confrontation."

Hope it works... good luck, girlfriend~ ><
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70343 on: February 18, 2014, 09:45:15 pm »

Once again I'm firmly convinced I'll die alone.
Maybe I need heavier meds. Or a non-imaginary love life, which would be the better option.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70344 on: February 18, 2014, 09:46:30 pm »

@AlleeCat
I'd suggest correcting her in person, in private. Not the sort of thing you want to make a scene about.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #70345 on: February 18, 2014, 09:55:08 pm »

In what way? Could you give us a general idea of what she said?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #70346 on: February 18, 2014, 09:56:25 pm »

Once again I'm firmly convinced I'll die alone.
Maybe I need heavier meds. Or a non-imaginary love life, which would be the better option.

Helgoland, I remember you saying you went out drinking with a friend a while back? You have a friend. He'll look after you. :)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70347 on: February 18, 2014, 10:05:09 pm »

Tons of friends, and a reasonably active social life. It's just that I'm apparently totally handicapped in the romance department.
The Bay12 postcard club

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70348 on: February 18, 2014, 10:18:17 pm »

It might not be you, but rather your immediate surroundings. Try branching out a bit and meeting people in new places.

Online dating actually works decently well from what I've heard (not any better or worse than meeting people in the Real World).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70349 on: February 18, 2014, 10:20:03 pm »

Say you're rich, get 'love' from gold diggers

Keep trying. If i can get a girlfriend, you all can.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 4688 4689 [4690] 4691 4692 ... 8153