Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4689 4690 [4691] 4692 4693 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471513 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #70350 on: February 19, 2014, 01:04:31 am »

Once again I'm firmly convinced I'll die alone.
Maybe I need heavier meds. Or a non-imaginary love life, which would be the better option.

maybe you need to stop thinking of that as a bad thing?

i mean why is it so necessarily terrible to not arrange for people to be devastated by your death, it's not like your friends won't be already

and with all probability it's not the family that will be around you when you die, but doctors who are trying to save your life (and failing sadly, but what can you do)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70351 on: February 19, 2014, 01:17:06 am »

I'm realising how much my anxiety issues affect me. Most especially how it affects my work flow...
I mean I've generally always thought of it as a general motivation issue, but I'm finding that anxiety is the number one thing hurting my ability to do school work. I wind up having this weird sort of focus issue, where I find my mind drifting off and brooding over basically everything that has ever gone wrong in my life. I mean there's stupid things that happened to me when I was ten years old that still bother me. Which is something they most certainly should not be doing. And it just winds up making me feel really anxious and upset and self conscious. And I wonder if the work I'm doing (whatever it is) is going to be good enough.

Then I find myself playing games I don't particularly enjoy all that much just because they absorb my focus better and help me not linger on the bad stuff all the time... and I just... really hate being me right now. I feel so irreparably broken and useless.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70352 on: February 19, 2014, 01:32:16 am »

My dog isn't going to make it for the week, her nerve damage is so bad 3 of her 4 legs do not work.

ITS BEEN A FUN 11 YEARS

T______________T

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #70353 on: February 19, 2014, 01:35:17 am »

Collateral sadness from this thread.  :'(
Sometimes I dislike my empathy that it hurts me hurting me.
But I never do...

I may lack hugs so here's a cookie.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #70354 on: February 19, 2014, 02:21:28 am »

I'm realising how much my anxiety issues affect me. Most especially how it affects my work flow...
I mean I've generally always thought of it as a general motivation issue, but I'm finding that anxiety is the number one thing hurting my ability to do school work. I wind up having this weird sort of focus issue, where I find my mind drifting off and brooding over basically everything that has ever gone wrong in my life. I mean there's stupid things that happened to me when I was ten years old that still bother me. Which is something they most certainly should not be doing. And it just winds up making me feel really anxious and upset and self conscious. And I wonder if the work I'm doing (whatever it is) is going to be good enough.

Then I find myself playing games I don't particularly enjoy all that much just because they absorb my focus better and help me not linger on the bad stuff all the time... and I just... really hate being me right now. I feel so irreparably broken and useless.

Last year I had a lot of stress and became pretty pessimistic about the future.  I found some of my worst moments were when I had nothing to do, because I would start focusing on everything that was making me unhappy.

Anyway, you seem to suggest that its bad that you play games to distract yourself, but I think its potentially good.  Anxiety gets worse when you focus on it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70355 on: February 19, 2014, 03:10:09 am »

Dungeons of Dredmor on 'Losing is Fun' difficulty, Hardcore.

I should stop trying to do it with stupid skill trees. Too much achievement farming happening here.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #70356 on: February 19, 2014, 08:57:47 am »

I know that feel.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #70357 on: February 19, 2014, 09:03:52 am »

I can't write. I can't do anything right.
Mind bogged up.
Stuff need doing.
Uni work overwhelming.

And I don't have time for my favorite hobbies: writing, playing that flute and drawing

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70358 on: February 19, 2014, 10:31:56 am »

Feel like shit, sulking in my room while trying to do schoolwork an worst of all, I probably made my dad sad for the Nth time because I'm oh so tact when I disagree with him...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #70359 on: February 19, 2014, 11:13:40 am »

Looking to buy some markers for arting purposes. It's either E-bay for 25 bucks, or buying it locally which would come out to about 50 bucks. If I did go the e-bay route, there's atleast two weeks of shipping included. Also no chance to buy it right now because I don't have any online monies :C

Feh, gotta wait a few weeks I guess.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #70360 on: February 19, 2014, 11:56:49 am »

I feel rather empty after my latest love-related crash.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #70361 on: February 19, 2014, 12:57:09 pm »

Liquor store is gone o.o

And I was planning on playing some Drunk Fortress Dx

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #70362 on: February 19, 2014, 03:45:52 pm »

Just found out about the Chinese Exclusion Policy of NASA, while researching for a Social Studies Essay about how the principles of the Declaration of Independence are upheld today.
Let me tell you, since young I wanted to work in NASA, so when I went there a few years ago and heard firsthand from one of the employees that NASA's funding is shriveling up, I died a bit inside.

But this?
 :'(

Just to be sure that you're not getting false information (I've seen a LOT of people under the impression that this policy is racially based), the policy in question prohibits NASA from coordinating or sharing information with the government of the People's Republic of China and it's representatives, as well as persons that currently hold citizenship in said country, due to conflicting national policy and security interests between the US and PRC governments. Ethnic Chinese who do not represent the PRC or hold citizenship in that country are not affected.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70363 on: February 19, 2014, 04:54:15 pm »

Just spent 5 hours in a hospital with my eldest daughter (6 yrs old) after she fractured her elbow. Not fun.  :(
This is a blank sig.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70364 on: February 19, 2014, 05:13:12 pm »

Yeah spending 5 long boring hours in a hospital's gotta suck.

Oh sorry for your daughter too :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 4689 4690 [4691] 4692 4693 ... 8153