Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4690 4691 [4692] 4693 4694 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471640 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #70365 on: February 19, 2014, 06:06:21 pm »

Based on the Wikipedia entry, it may even be Chinese citizens working for a Chinese-run entity. So if you have PRC citizenship but are otherwise American, you should be fine? Maybe? At least with that interpretation.

Yeah, in the "Criticism" part, there's a bit about "Only prohibits bilateral meetings and agreements with Chinese-run businesses and PRC-run enterprises"
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 06:07:57 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70366 on: February 19, 2014, 10:50:07 pm »

Just spent 5 hours in a hospital with my eldest daughter (6 yrs old) after she fractured her elbow. Not fun.  :(
Knowing how hard you can hit things with your elbows without breaking them, I say: Damn. Hope she gets better soon! Note: I used Guitar Hero to speed my recovery when I broke my hand. Perhaps something like that could be arranged?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70367 on: February 19, 2014, 11:09:06 pm »

I am sad today again, because of work.
I can't even say what it is in work that makes me sad and angry anymore, because all the details are gone.
Every day is indistinguishable from the previous, and the next. It's all become this homogenized mess of irritations, and I can't even recall specific events anymore. Even what happened today, I can't even tell you what happened just 7 hours ago because it's already gone. It's started to become such a short length of time now that on days that aren't that bad, I forget before I even get home, and it's only a 15 minute drive. Not even that, more like 10.
I remember what I thought about. I usually brainstorm ideas while I'm at work. My body just operates on autopilot, like a robot. And I know this because I had even thought about writing out this very post while at work. Even this part right now, where I'm writing about thinking about writing, I've already thought it through, because work literally requires zero conscience thought anymore. I feel like a gear in a machine, that people will never notice until it stops working properly.
I feel drained by this. The new pain medicine isn't helping in that aspect, it makes me so tired and makes it hard to focus. At least it helps my back pains a bit, but my mind feels fried. I'm just so tired, I've worked there for nearly two years now, and I just feel like giving up, like I can't handle another day of it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #70368 on: February 19, 2014, 11:34:38 pm »

My dog isn't going to make it for the week, her nerve damage is so bad 3 of her 4 legs do not work.

ITS BEEN A FUN 11 YEARS

T______________T
I know that feeling. My sympathies.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #70369 on: February 20, 2014, 12:06:22 am »

I am sad today again, because of work.
I can't even say what it is in work that makes me sad and angry anymore, because all the details are gone.
Every day is indistinguishable from the previous, and the next. It's all become this homogenized mess of irritations, and I can't even recall specific events anymore. Even what happened today, I can't even tell you what happened just 7 hours ago because it's already gone. It's started to become such a short length of time now that on days that aren't that bad, I forget before I even get home, and it's only a 15 minute drive. Not even that, more like 10.
I remember what I thought about. I usually brainstorm ideas while I'm at work. My body just operates on autopilot, like a robot. And I know this because I had even thought about writing out this very post while at work. Even this part right now, where I'm writing about thinking about writing, I've already thought it through, because work literally requires zero conscience thought anymore. I feel like a gear in a machine, that people will never notice until it stops working properly.
I feel drained by this. The new pain medicine isn't helping in that aspect, it makes me so tired and makes it hard to focus. At least it helps my back pains a bit, but my mind feels fried. I'm just so tired, I've worked there for nearly two years now, and I just feel like giving up, like I can't handle another day of it.
My entire life is basically this, so I really sympathize with you.
Not the pains and such, the mindlessness. Even interacting with people requires no thought.
I think that might be what love might be - interacting with someone and putting effort into it, having it be a challenge.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70370 on: February 20, 2014, 12:21:23 am »

My entire life is basically this, so I really sympathize with you.
Not the pains and such, the mindlessness. Even interacting with people requires no thought.
I think that might be what love might be - interacting with someone and putting effort into it, having it be a challenge.
Well, for me, interacting with people hasn't become mindless, because I'm wretchedly anti-social. I find even the slightest bit of human interaction to be... I don't know. It makes me uncomfortable.
And yeah, love does require a lot of effort, but it's worth it. At least for me it is, it keeps me sane. I really wish I could give you help with that, but honestly, when I was going through that stage, I didn't even know I was in it. I was totally clueless pretty much the entire time. So I guess I'm not much of a help in that regard.
As for the pains bit, at least last week I got to go to the doctor, for the first time in two years, so hopefully they'll find out exactly what is wrong with me. Until then, you know, pain medicine kinda sucks for your mind. That's why I haven't updated literally a single game of mine, because I just feel like crud. And not being able to get updates out makes me feel bad, but not for like, feelings of obligations or anything like that, just generally feeling like "I wish I could actually be doing something" sort of feels.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #70371 on: February 20, 2014, 12:49:05 am »

My dog isn't going to make it for the week, her nerve damage is so bad 3 of her 4 legs do not work.

ITS BEEN A FUN 11 YEARS

T______________T

:'(

Hugs.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70372 on: February 20, 2014, 03:49:00 am »

Irrational Games, who developed System Shock and Bioshock games, closed down.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #70373 on: February 20, 2014, 06:26:35 am »

Irrational Games, who developed System Shock and Bioshock games, closed down.

How come? You'd think after Bioshock they'd have pull for a ling time.
Love, scriver~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #70374 on: February 20, 2014, 11:17:59 am »

I need to vent, but there is nobody available I feel comfortable venting to.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70375 on: February 20, 2014, 11:39:31 am »

I'm probably going to sound irrational, but they fucking deserve that little yelling fest.

Hell, the only thing I can say that's 'good' at the moment is talk to the teachers and hope they aren't dipshits and give you special teacher protection.

If you're lucky you will be able to talk yourself out of a suspension. Athiesmo knows I have been able to do that just by letting my feelings flow out into a feels cheesecake.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #70376 on: February 20, 2014, 11:47:05 am »

I've been in that situation, Cmega. I hope you won't be suspended :(

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #70377 on: February 20, 2014, 11:54:14 am »

You were stressed out. You responded to provocation by a (known?) bully. If you are not known to be aggressive person, if such outburst is a rare thing to happen to you, then they should let you go.

Then again, I'm not saying they will. Good luck, anyway.

I too was and am seldom tempted to do that. To punish shitheads, bullies, people giving you crap just for their own entertainment and all people in general that simply deserve to be punished.
Alas, the world we live in frowns on direct displays of violence. For better or worse.

But it will work out, Cmega3. Sooner or later. Your life won't go to waste because of it, just believe that and also make sure yourself it doesn't.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #70378 on: February 20, 2014, 11:54:15 am »

If it's any consolation, Boy X is probably dead inside.  :-\

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70379 on: February 20, 2014, 12:04:41 pm »

That is not acceptable, Cmega. You can't just go around fucking throttling people because they frustrate you. It doesn't matter how stressed you are.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 4690 4691 [4692] 4693 4694 ... 8153