Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4727 4728 [4729] 4730 4731 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8585914 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #70920 on: March 10, 2014, 06:56:09 pm »

Got back into exercising, which is happy, but it's day three and my muscles are like "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING" and it's hard to stand.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70921 on: March 10, 2014, 07:00:42 pm »

Well, that just means you're doing it right, doesn't it?
To a point, anyway. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70922 on: March 10, 2014, 07:06:37 pm »

Certainly, it's just a frustrating point when you are wrestling with your subconscious for control over your processes because it has made the logical deduction that your consciousness is trying to work yourself to death and must be stopped. It pretty much always happens whenever I start on a routine.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70923 on: March 10, 2014, 07:39:00 pm »

You might be pushing yourself a little too hard then. Soreness is a good sign to some degree, but it's also a sign you should stop until the soreness goes away.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #70924 on: March 10, 2014, 07:47:31 pm »

Isn't the soreness microtears in the muscle tissue?

Your body needs time to repair. Either exercise every second day (or so) or at least avoid working the same groups on consecutive days.

Bear in mind I'm saying this as a non-exerciser, who gets most of his knowledge of anything more complex than basic biology from his veterinary wife.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70925 on: March 10, 2014, 07:54:27 pm »

You might be pushing yourself a little too hard then. Soreness is a good sign to some degree, but it's also a sign you should stop until the soreness goes away.
No, it isn't. You'll just put yourself into a cycle of start-stop if you do that. Gotta push it to the limit, and I say this as somebody who has accidentally stepped over the line before (albeit only just, and as a result of my own foolishness in pushing it to the limit while very hungry).
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #70926 on: March 10, 2014, 08:00:08 pm »

Depends on what your exercise goals are.

If you're exercising just to keep fit, no need to go over the top (unless it's marathon/triathlon fitness you're after)

If you're aiming to look like Arnie, you must break yourself.

But like I say, non-exerciser. I foresee any future endeavours on my part in this area being just to maintain health, as opposed to anything else.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70927 on: March 10, 2014, 08:03:42 pm »

No, you have to break the lines to make any kind of progress. If you want to stay somewhere you can not go over the top.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70928 on: March 10, 2014, 08:45:06 pm »

Good point!
Also one of my friends popped his heart by trying to 'push it to the limit'.
He's dead. But he placed very highly in that triathlon.
... So that's nice.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70929 on: March 10, 2014, 08:52:42 pm »

That's very unfortunate, but not really applicable to this situation.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #70930 on: March 10, 2014, 09:01:44 pm »

The strangest thing about soreness:  the best coping mechanism is actually to exercise more.  Seriously.  Get those muscles moving and working again, and the soreness gets replaced by a pretty nice feeling.  If you just let your muscles rest, they'll be sore all day.  The rough part is forcing yourself to get started, when every sensation is telling you that moving is bad.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70931 on: March 11, 2014, 08:25:19 am »

Generally if your heart goes, it's due to a pre existing condition or you overdid it well beyond the point of being remotely sensible.
Generally the exercise most people do won't be enough to send you into cardiac arrest.
It's a complicated one. It was sudden cardiac arrest, or SDS (Most popularly known as SIDS).
It can pretty much kill anyone, but it's most well known for killing athletes or fitness freaks, because those people really shouldn't die.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70932 on: March 11, 2014, 09:19:18 am »

Fortunately not. Modern medicine has advanced, after all.

We know it's a heart attack. We have literally no clue what caused it.
(Except sometimes exercise, and sometimes sleeping)
Don't do either of those things.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #70933 on: March 11, 2014, 11:18:00 am »

Generally if your heart goes, it's due to a pre existing condition or you overdid it well beyond the point of being remotely sensible.
Generally the exercise most people do won't be enough to send you into cardiac arrest.
It's a complicated one. It was sudden cardiac arrest, or SDS (Most popularly known as SIDS).
It can pretty much kill anyone, but it's most well known for killing athletes or fitness freaks, because those people really shouldn't die.
SIDS is babies dying in their sleep. 
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70934 on: March 11, 2014, 11:36:43 am »

Unfortunately what you're describing is actually what something like 25% of the world is like... more or less. It's basically the end result of what happens when your corruption issues run out of control for so long.

I really wish I knew some easy way to change these things.
Pages: 1 ... 4727 4728 [4729] 4730 4731 ... 8156