Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4732 4733 [4734] 4735 4736 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471396 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #70995 on: March 12, 2014, 10:32:50 am »

So apparently one of my classmates' health situation is so poor that he's going to get individual teaching and won't be going to school until the end of the year and possibly even longer.
And that's kinda sad, since I like that guy, even though he's even less social than me (and that should be saying something) and got picked on a lot.

I just hope that he gets on well at some point, but at the same time I'm kinda worried about the worst case scenario.
Then again, I am a very paranoid person, I feel, so take what I say with a pinch of salt.
Make time to visit him. That'll help with the social-stuff, and saying that is just the least of things it'll mutually help you with. :)
Because..mmph. Being a friend in that time is really...needed.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70996 on: March 12, 2014, 10:49:07 am »

Visiting him may be hard (this is my first year in this school still, plus I live in a different town altogether and hell if I know where he lives), though...
Damn high school.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70997 on: March 12, 2014, 11:20:02 am »

I've never experienced snow in my life. Is it as beautiful and as terrifying as it really seems to be from the news and Tv?
I'd once like to experience a snowday and know the sense of fluffy, crunchy, hard, slippery, wet, dry and crumbly snow.
Snow seems beautiful. Especially snowflakes.

Also..is snow, erm, as cold as ice? As in, if Ice is the solid form of water (frozen) then...snow is..?

Snow is terrifying.  My friend from Texas assures me this video is accurate.

Feh. If you live in a place that actually gets snow on a regular basis, it's not usually that bad. :P Sure, if nobody is prepared and nobody has winter tires, it can be a problem. But as someone who grew up in Vermont, which gets lots of snow all the time, we manage. We only usually had snow days for freezing rain. Ice IS a pain no matter where you live.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70998 on: March 12, 2014, 11:20:44 am »

Managed to slice my finger on my razor when I was rummaging through my bag. Barely more than a small nick but it hurt like a motherfucker and was nearly spurting blood.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #70999 on: March 12, 2014, 11:28:40 am »

Apply tissue paper and pressure. Also, we clearly have different definitions of "small nick" or you hit an artery, because I've hit my fingertip head on with a razor blade (with significant force. I still have the scar) without it bleeding overmuch. Could also be that I have more practice than is healthy at responding to cuts...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #71000 on: March 12, 2014, 11:34:32 am »

Note: You have to submit the first version of your essay today, Wednesday 12 March 23.59h
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71001 on: March 12, 2014, 11:37:01 am »

Apply tissue paper and pressure. Also, we clearly have different definitions of "small nick" or you hit an artery, because I've hit my fingertip head on with a razor blade (with significant force. I still have the scar) without it bleeding overmuch. Could also be that I have more practice than is healthy at responding to cuts...
Oh, this happened last night. Still kind of stings though, can't type with it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #71002 on: March 12, 2014, 11:59:45 am »

A little scratch may sting for a while, especially if it's in an area with much flexing and pressure like fingers and hands. If the area becomes red and/or swollen, or produces pus, it's getting infected. If red streaks develop up the extremity it's definitely infected and you should see a doctor, because you are not going to space today. In any case, clean any cuts with isopropyl alcohol, making sure to remove any visible debris, then preferably an antibiotic ointment, and cover with a bandaid in a way that prevents the cut from opening again all the time. After a couple days stop wearing the bandaids so the skin can toughen up again.

If the cut will not stop bleeding after a couple days, if it's over a few millimeters deep, if anything besides skin is visible in the cut, and especially for deep puncture wounds, you should hit the urgent care (or equivalent non-emergency-room medical care) to have them see if you need stitches. If you're not up to date on your shots, you may need a tetanus booster, although this seems indicated more regularly with deep puncture wounds from "dirty" objects you find lying around rather than a razor that was in your backpack.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #71003 on: March 12, 2014, 12:11:23 pm »

if it's over a few millimeters deep, if anything besides skin is visible in the cut
If it's over five millimeters deep and you can still see nothing but skin, contact, in order:
a) A registered medical practitioner;
b) A psychologist;
c) The SETI folks.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #71004 on: March 12, 2014, 12:13:26 pm »

what about on the butt

i bet my butt cheek skin is hell of thick

of course i would need help because i can't bend around hey come look at this yes i'm aware this is a nice restaurant
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71005 on: March 12, 2014, 12:14:32 pm »

Leo, no one wants to hear about your butt.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #71006 on: March 12, 2014, 12:21:26 pm »

okay sorry
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71007 on: March 12, 2014, 12:22:02 pm »

Leo, no one wants to hear about your butt.
Speak for yourself.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71008 on: March 12, 2014, 01:38:02 pm »

I'd make innuendo but I'm worried about Jon ;-;

I hope he's still alive... .________.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71009 on: March 12, 2014, 01:40:23 pm »

Some more pictures of my dacha.

I feel so incredibly homesick and sad because I won't be able to go there this summer.
Pages: 1 ... 4732 4733 [4734] 4735 4736 ... 8153