Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4734 4735 [4736] 4737 4738 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470106 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #71025 on: March 12, 2014, 11:06:37 pm »

Bleagh. Why do food borne illnesses even exist? I actually wanted to get stuff done today, like update my games and whatnot.
Stupid undercooked chicken.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71026 on: March 12, 2014, 11:42:38 pm »

I feel you. Food poisoning is one of the most unfair ailments around.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71027 on: March 12, 2014, 11:46:33 pm »

The lovely nonovirus rears its ugly head again.

fun fact: It takes anywhere from just 20 to a measly 5 single viruses to infect a person with the nonovirus, or winter sickness, or the stomach bug! All the same thing!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #71028 on: March 12, 2014, 11:57:09 pm »

Bleagh. Why do food borne illnesses even exist? I actually wanted to get stuff done today, like update my games and whatnot.
Stupid undercooked chicken.
The microbes, dude. They're everywhere.
Hence why cooking food correctly is essential. PURGE YOUR FEED OF THESE DIMINUTIVE HERETICS. MAY THEY NOT INVADE OUR LANDS EVER AGAIN.

On that note: Most illnesses in the digestive system are due to what you ingest. Yes, that includes the presence of endoparasites, generally.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71029 on: March 13, 2014, 12:15:19 am »

And everyone laughs at me for eating my steak no less done than medium well. The fools!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71030 on: March 13, 2014, 02:27:25 am »

And everyone laughs at me for eating my steak no less done than medium well. The fools!

But... but... what's the point of eating meat if there's no blood in it?! ???
You might as well be vegetarian like myself, you wouldn't be missing out on anything. Except the occasional bout of meat-based food poisoning.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #71031 on: March 13, 2014, 02:31:43 am »

Sadly, if you are unlucky, you can even get some pretty nasty parasites even from cooked meat, but that's only likely if you have meat that didn't pass through veterinary examination.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #71032 on: March 13, 2014, 02:36:03 am »

On the other hand if you are lucky you can eat delicious juicy steak with no food problems at all! Mmmmmmm… (If the eventual cost for this deliciousness is a day or two of illness, that's a cost I'll gladly pay. :P)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #71033 on: March 13, 2014, 02:43:24 am »

On the other hand if you are lucky you can eat delicious juicy steak with no food problems at all! Mmmmmmm… (If the eventual cost for this deliciousness is a day or two of illness, that's a cost I'll gladly pay. :P)

The problem is, both of those that are resistant to cooking are giving you lifelong, systemic, and impossible to get rid of parasites.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71034 on: March 13, 2014, 02:55:11 am »

This makes me both sad and enraged.

My friend's house burned down two days ago. Luckily everyone was okay, and she has an old farmhouse on her property that she was in the process of repairing (She owns a ranch. Horses, Cattle, etc.) so she has a place to sleep. Untill the old house is fixed, however, her children have to stay with their Ex-Stepfather who was just divorced... For not paying attention to them (Literally, he ignored them.), and he's being a major asshole. -Major- asshole, like turning the TV up so loudly that their (brand new) puppy was in pain from the noise, because why the fuck not?

And here I am in New York, unable to help my friend. :(
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #71035 on: March 13, 2014, 03:00:20 am »

My friend's house burned down two days ago. Luckily everyone was okay, and she has an old farmhouse on her property that she was in the process of repairing (She owns a ranch. Horses, Cattle, etc.) so she has a place to sleep. Untill the old house is fixed, however, her children have to stay with their Ex-Stepfather who was just divorced... For not paying attention to them (Literally, he ignored them.), and he's being a major asshole. -Major- asshole, like turning the TV up so loudly that their (brand new) puppy was in pain from the noise, because why the fuck not?

Goodness. Bad parent? :/

Send your friend mail (or...email?) if ever possible. Send her your regards?

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71036 on: March 13, 2014, 03:07:01 am »

Goodness. Bad parent? :/

Send your friend mail (or...email?) if ever possible. Send her your regards?
Yeah, her laptop was (strangely) unharmed, so I've been able to keep in contact with her. (No, she didn't fake it, I saw the police report/pictures)

As for bad parent, yes, her Ex is being an asshole. I suppose her divorcing him is my fault in a way, an action of mine lead to her meeting someone who is her soul-mate. (And an awesome guy.)
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #71037 on: March 13, 2014, 03:28:00 am »

As for bad parent, yes, her Ex is being an asshole. I suppose her divorcing him is my fault in a way, an action of mine lead to her meeting someone who is her soul-mate. (And an awesome guy.)
That's not a fault, that's a good thing.

For my sad, inconvenience is your calculator packing up in the middle of a physics exam.
Absolutely terrifying is the way LibreOffice misrenders fancy Word formatting; It displayed a graph with the line (only the line; the axes, etc. were fine) running perpendicular to the way it should have.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71038 on: March 13, 2014, 07:10:51 am »

Another day, I just wake up and feel utterly sick with myself. Just sick and hateful, confused, angry, etcetera.

I just don't know what to do with my worthless life. Even after all this time, I still feel I've just spent my life just painting myself into a corner, and now I have no recourse but to curl up and die. This is a just desserts for a pitiable soul that doesn't have a place in this world.

I just don't know what to do. I want to know what to do. The ambiguity of life makes every choice seem not only inconsequential, but also meaningless. How can anyone tolerate even living, yet alone living their lives the way they do? I just don't know.

I guess I'll just spend today feeling sick with myself, it looks like that's how this is going to play out.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71039 on: March 13, 2014, 08:11:31 am »

I just don't know what to do. I want to know what to do. The ambiguity of life makes every choice seem not only inconsequential, but also meaningless. How can anyone tolerate even living, yet alone living their lives the way they do? I just don't know.

Well, I'm hardly an expert, but I would say that every choice in life is ultimately inconsequential and meaningless, because you have to die someday anyway, and the memory of your existence, let alone your accomplishments, will have mostly or completely faded away within ten or so years unless you're some kind of grand luminary. Life, not being orchestrated by some greater being like it would be in a work of fiction, has no meaning. It's just a bunch of stuff that happens. I've heard it said that everyone's the hero of their own story, which makes life one big MMORPG. It's got its quests, its grinding and its players, who are all going through the same set of locales and facing similar difficulties with their cultivated avatars. The goal of life is to lose yourself in the tedium, the moments of gratification and the mass of fellow players, gaining immaterial and/or mostly worthless things that nonetheless feel kind of good, until you've used up all of the time you have.

Problem is, once you start thinking about it too much, or it stops feeling good for whatever reason (though many are sufficiently addicted to keep going regardless), the whole thing starts to fall apart. That leaves you with the possibility of trying to go about things a different way (self-imposed challenges, going for certain achievements, trying roleplaying and more), looking for alternatives (transcendence, for instance) or for somebody to enable your habit (a new player you brought into the game, somebody who shares your general location, that sort of thing).

I do believe this analogy has been made many times before, but I'm not well-read on that sort of thing. It probably didn't help, either, but I suspect few things aside from venting possibly could.
Pages: 1 ... 4734 4735 [4736] 4737 4738 ... 8153