Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4922 4923 [4924] 4925 4926 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8542469 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #73845 on: April 25, 2014, 02:43:42 pm »

I was playing Darkest Hour as Austria, and I got to 1942 without Germany even trying to do Anschluss. (I can choose to ally with the Axis through my side of that event, so I was waiting for it)

They didn't even do the MR pact! D:

I had to save-load to them and fix as much as I can, but by that I time I'd given up on seeing an actual historical WW2, with a revived Austria. So I had went ahead and annexed Hungary, Yugoslavia, Romania, and the Czechoslovaks.

Of course, 2 months after they divided Poland between them, the Soviets declared war and France not much longer. :I

I have like, no troops (barely any man-power, not entirely sure how I can go about getting more in a reasonable timeframe)

And what's worse, bloody dissent in all my provinces is like, 35%. Across the board. Even in the actually-Austrian provinces! D: SO MANY PARTISANS ;-;

I want to restart, but I also don't if the AI Germans fuck up again and don't start ww2 properly? I don't entirely know why they didn't go for Anschluss...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73846 on: April 25, 2014, 02:49:53 pm »

I was playing Darkest Hour as Austria, and I got to 1942 without Germany even trying to do Anschluss. (I can choose to ally with the Axis through my side of that event, so I was waiting for it)

I had to save-load to them and fix as much as I can, but by that I time I'd given up on seeing an actual historical WW2, with a revived Austria. So I had went ahead and annexed Hungary, Yugoslavia, Romania, and the Czechoslovaks.

Of course, 2 months after they divided Poland between them, the Soviets declared war and France not much longer. :I

I have like, no troops (barely any man-power, not entirely sure how I can go about getting more in a reasonable timeframe)

And what's worse, bloody dissent in all my provinces is like, 35%. Across the board. Even in the actually-Austrian provinces! D: SO MANY PARTISANS ;-;

I want to restart, but I also don't if the AI Germans fuck up again and don't start ww2 properly? I don't entirely know why they didn't go for Anschluss...

Foiled by Good Guy Germany.

EDIT: There's a percentage weight given to each potential decision. I think Anschluss has something like a 90/10 split. Or it may have a prerequisite (like "Political Crisis in Austria" event firing first) that wasn't met.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 02:56:04 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73847 on: April 25, 2014, 02:51:03 pm »

I still feel sick.
Almost 6AM and I'm still awake, because if I go to sleep when it's dark I get bizarrely cold, and then sicker. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #73848 on: April 25, 2014, 02:55:59 pm »

Ugh, after an exam this morning, I did absolutely fuck all for the rest of the day, I didn't even try to get myself to study, I just kinda drifted around the internet, doing nothing meaningful. And the remaining two exams are much harder than the ones I've already taken, and they're next week :C

Gorramit, this is going to be one hell of a weekend :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73849 on: April 25, 2014, 03:01:01 pm »

Foiled by Good Guy Germany.

EDIT: There's a percentage weight given to each potential decision. I think Anschluss has something like a 90/10 split. Or it may have a prerequisite (like "Political Crisis in Austria" event firing first) that wasn't met.
No, I had the Nazi Coup.

I'm thinking the 1933 scenario has a few differences from 1936. >_> Also, from Human-German plays I've seen, you can't use the Anschluss decision without already annexing Austria? Which is A) insane, and B) doesn't seem to go with the events in the files, especially the Austrian events.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73850 on: April 25, 2014, 03:41:34 pm »

Meh. Sometimes the AI gets derpy. I had a HOI2 game as France where I militarized the bejeezus out of the Maginot line (and extended it to cover the Benelux border as well) and just kept building infantry with anti-tank guns and artillery to be ready to stem the German tide.

Then the Poles gave up Danzig without a fight. I think it was 1944 before anybody made a move, and it was the Soviets invading Germany. They rolled through Romania, Hungary, etc. and were at the Rhine before I could do anything because the Allies didn't have a justification for attacking Germany. Cue 2/3 of Europe under Soviet domination.

Had other games where Japan and the US never go to war because Japan never succeeded in pacifying China enough to move on to the next stage of their campaign strategy (and other games where China falls by late 1939).

One of my favorites is when Republican forces end up winning the Spanish Civil war (about 1/4 of the time, I'd say) and wind up in the Comintern. 1942 looks much different when Germany has to defend the Eastern Front and the Pyrenees simultaneously.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73851 on: April 25, 2014, 03:49:36 pm »

Talk with parents went better than expected. Might have helped that I just spoke with my father and avoided my mother completely, I'm not sure how she's going to react when my father talks to her. Though the entire thing is still really scary... I really need to sit down and compile a list of possible colleges to go to.

Also psychology. I mean I kind of like studying it, but it can be a real trigger-fest sometimes.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73852 on: April 25, 2014, 04:38:18 pm »

I'm reading Jane Eyre. So far, a decent book.

I'm sad that the only character I like so far, though, Helen Burns, just died.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #73853 on: April 25, 2014, 04:56:56 pm »

I remember you because you're the one who writes the stories on the Writer's Apprenticeship. And because you're named after a great epic.
You mean eipc  :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #73854 on: April 25, 2014, 06:19:21 pm »

An internet search for "#HashtagsSuck" brings up nothing.

I feel that way.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #73855 on: April 25, 2014, 06:33:10 pm »

I know dat feel ;_;
Stoopid headmaster and his apathy for diseases D:<

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73856 on: April 25, 2014, 07:07:04 pm »

...I should really get myself out of this habit of reading the "side effects" section of medicine they give me.

"WARNING: May cause (sometimes fatal) skin rash"

...Seriously, it says this stuff can cause skin rashes so bad that it has been known to kill people, and leave permanent scars.

Like, I know that this is for maybe 2 people out of probably 4,000, but still. That is worrying.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73857 on: April 25, 2014, 07:14:35 pm »

HOLY--

Oh my god, just completely out of nowhere, my vision got super blurry and I started seeing double, and I lost all coordination.
It came on so suddenly it was like getting punched in the face.
Is that normal?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #73858 on: April 25, 2014, 07:18:11 pm »

Yep. Ha! No.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73859 on: April 25, 2014, 07:24:15 pm »

I know dat feel ;_;
Stoopid headmaster and his apathy for diseases D:<
I still think that the so-called "Byronic hero" is a victorian form of an escapist wish-fulfillment character. [/notreallyrelated]

Mastah, don't worry. It's a new medication, your brain is just freaking out a bit with all the new chemicals it gets. It should end soon.
Pages: 1 ... 4922 4923 [4924] 4925 4926 ... 8155