Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4923 4924 [4925] 4926 4927 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470758 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #73860 on: April 25, 2014, 07:28:56 pm »

No, I haven't taken the medicine yet.

This is totally random.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73861 on: April 25, 2014, 07:31:31 pm »

A kid from my school died in his sleep last night, with no known cause. It's really caused a huge shock in the school...students were completely silent in the hallways and classes, it was quite eerie. I didn't know the guy personally, but seeing so many of my classmates distraught and sobbing made me quite sad. I really don't know how I'd get up in the morning if something like that happened to someone I was close to...his family doesn't even have an explanation, it's horrible.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73862 on: April 25, 2014, 07:45:49 pm »

HOLY--

Oh my god, just completely out of nowhere, my vision got super blurry and I started seeing double, and I lost all coordination.
It came on so suddenly it was like getting punched in the face.
Is that normal?
Might be a panick attack?

A kid from my school died in his sleep last night, with no known cause. It's really caused a huge shock in the school...students were completely silent in the hallways and classes, it was quite eerie. I didn't know the guy personally, but seeing so many of my classmates distraught and sobbing made me quite sad. I really don't know how I'd get up in the morning if something like that happened to someone I was close to...his family doesn't even have an explanation, it's horrible.
*hugs*

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73863 on: April 25, 2014, 08:08:09 pm »

This is totally random.
It's totally a panic attack brought by exhaustion, then. Nothing to worry about, just get some rest.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:12:20 pm by Knit tie »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #73864 on: April 25, 2014, 08:44:02 pm »

Holy crap, man :o

I would feel sad too. Even if you didn't know him, the thought that people could just be perfectly fine one day, then gone the next... jeez.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73865 on: April 25, 2014, 08:50:50 pm »

May he rest in peace and enter the kingdom of God.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #73866 on: April 25, 2014, 09:05:15 pm »

Bleeeh. No me gusta mucho this sickness.

Yeah. Tell me about it. After a whole week of alternating sunny and stormy weather, today, Friday afternoon because fuck free time, my body decides to fuck this low pressure shit, TIME TO FEEL LIKE SHIIIIIIIIT! ONWARDS TO THE SHIT-MOBILE! PREPARE THE HEADACHE-CANNON AND NAUSEA BOMBS!

Also you can apparently be slightly giddy when you're on a mix of aspirin, caffeine, etenzamide and paracetamol. Which is new.
Mm :/
Sad times happen to everyone...try to find ways to cope with it (even if sometimes they may be random sads?) Like, think of all the good you've done (and if you see none, see the 'trivial' good things you've done).

^
*hugs also*
When someone passes from this world-it's the sign of mortality. Both of our own and of our peers. No matter who they are; they mattered.

I have to second what some other people have said here... Tiruin, you seem to be an exceptionally kind person when helping other people with their troubles here, especially considering you have your own to deal with. (But don't we all?) If I weren't such a lurker I would be trying to help cheer people up more, myself... In any case, you're a good person. :)
:'(
T-thanks...thanks isn't enough to say how much I appreciate this but...
Well.
I'm not especially kind or nice, but perhaps its my culture that is such. I'm just giving to people what they deserve and using what was taught to me onto others.
I am not good, I just do the best I can. :)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #73867 on: April 25, 2014, 09:07:59 pm »

That's terrible. It freaks me out too that someone could die so quickly, even I (why would I remind myself of that) could go suddenly. Although, sudden death in sleep is probably the best way to go if you had to choose.
I have to second what some other people have said here... Tiruin, you seem to be an exceptionally kind person when helping other people with their troubles here, especially considering you have your own to deal with. (But don't we all?) If I weren't such a lurker I would be trying to help cheer people up more, myself... In any case, you're a good person. :)
Well.
I'm not especially kind or nice, but perhaps its my culture that is such. I'm just giving to people what they deserve and using what was taught to me onto others.
Given that there are unsavory types like myself around, we need good people in the sad thread.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73868 on: April 25, 2014, 10:12:13 pm »

This is totally random.
It's totally a panic attack brought by exhaustion, then. Nothing to worry about, just get some rest.
How long do they normally last?
I've had panic attacks before, but they don't normally feel like this, nor last this long.

^
*hugs also*
When someone passes from this world-it's the sign of mortality. Both of our own and of our peers. No matter who they are; they mattered.
:-\ *Hugs*
People go too easily, and quickly.

Well.
Given that there are unsavory types like myself around, we need good people in the sad thread.
We do have good people here. We could always do more, but we do have good people.
And you're not "unsavory", misko. I personally find you to be a very kind person.
And Tiru, you are good, you're just being willingly blind to your goodness. Whether you want to claim that it's from the way you were raised, or taught, or by your culture, it's still you that are controlling how you treat others. It's still you that tries to help those in need. You're the one that decides to be kind and sweet, as opposed to being mean, or upsetting. If I have to tell you this a thousand more times, I will. Because it's true, and I can't stand it when people want to put themselves down, and refuse to admit how awesome they really are.
There are enough people in the world to put you down falsely, that you shouldn't be doing it to yourself.

...In other news, I seem to have developed the skill to drive a car even when my vision is doubled, because I didn't crash, and I'm back home now.
The Derail Thread

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73869 on: April 25, 2014, 10:20:16 pm »

This is totally random.
How long do they normally last?
I've had panic attacks before, but they don't normally feel like this, nor last this long.
Panic attacks tend to last as long as your endocrine system feels like, and these things tend to have opinions all over the place.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #73870 on: April 25, 2014, 10:30:22 pm »

Post to watch and, on the off chance something I can make somebody feel better about occurs, try to console.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #73871 on: April 25, 2014, 10:34:59 pm »

Dermatologist says it's probably not skin cancer.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73872 on: April 25, 2014, 10:35:34 pm »

Dermatologist says it's probably not skin cancer.
...And this makes you sad?
The Derail Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73873 on: April 25, 2014, 11:07:46 pm »

Quote from: On the Rosenhan Study
Most of the time, Rosenhan found, ward attendants and nurses sequestered themselves in a small staff cubicle that patients called "the cage." Psychiatrists were even less available, making only rare appearances on the wards.
Christ, that was 1973, and 40 years later the mental wards I experienced were exactly like that.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73874 on: April 25, 2014, 11:17:25 pm »

Welp, I have now just taken my new "Mood Stabilizer" medicine for tonight, along with my anti-depressants.
Let's see how this goes.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4923 4924 [4925] 4926 4927 ... 8153