Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4968 4969 [4970] 4971 4972 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470851 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #74535 on: May 08, 2014, 02:28:07 am »

Just finished that friggin' amazing book. Now the comedown begins. :(

At least it's a continuing series. Gotta wait a couple of weeks for my copy of the next issue to arrive, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74536 on: May 08, 2014, 02:28:31 am »

I cannot say this enough: stereotypes are stupid. They do nothing but reinforce negativity toward people you've never met. Yeah, some men are selfish and condescending. Then again, so are some women. Get to know the individual person, then judge if you want to, groups you want to lump them into be damned, but stop with the fucking stereotypes.
* kaijyuu cheers MZ.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #74537 on: May 08, 2014, 02:33:20 am »

I cannot say this enough: stereotypes are stupid. They do nothing but reinforce negativity toward people you've never met. Yeah, some men are selfish and condescending. Then again, so are some women. Get to know the individual person, then judge if you want to, groups you want to lump them into be damned, but stop with the fucking stereotypes.
* kaijyuu cheers MZ.
* Tiruin follows the cheering.

Also...Objective? Personal note for you: I've noticed you state things in such an...(no pun intended) Objective way that does not leave any space for reason. As in, how you state things, come off more as narrowminded ideas than not--despite the fact, personally, that you aren't...that kind of person.
Blarghgh so hard to translate emotion to text :I
If it's some kind of past experience or projection of said experience [usually bad], think about it before talking about it online or in public (debating with yourself is totally ok) as it comes off more as fact-saying than not...or your wording.
Hence the reply of stereotypes. :/

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #74538 on: May 08, 2014, 02:55:19 am »

At least it's a continuing series. Gotta wait a couple of weeks for my copy of the next issue to arrive, though.
What book?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74539 on: May 08, 2014, 03:28:24 am »

What book?

Stray Bullets by David Lapham. Gimme a minute and I'll find my earlier post...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Everyone should read this book.

Edit: Annnnnnnnd I'm depressed. Fuck.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:00:55 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74540 on: May 08, 2014, 04:35:06 am »

What book? :P

On a more serious note, I've been wondering what it means to live. You can be both alive, and also not be alive, in the sense that living has any meaning.

At the end of the day, do all of my achievements amount to anything at all? Or am I just living just because I'm alive and not because I have anything to look forward to? Due to this confusion, I tend to get dismotivated very quickly. I'm lacking general purpose, but when I try to look for one, I can't find anything.

I'm not even sure why I'm putting all my personal thoughts in here in this forum.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #74541 on: May 08, 2014, 04:51:18 am »

Oh god.
My friend has cancer ;-;

I'm sorry, I hope she manages to pull through
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:53:26 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #74542 on: May 08, 2014, 06:55:29 am »

On a more serious note, I've been wondering what it means to live. You can be both alive, and also not be alive, in the sense that living has any meaning.

At the end of the day, do all of my achievements amount to anything at all? Or am I just living just because I'm alive and not because I have anything to look forward to? Due to this confusion, I tend to get dismotivated very quickly. I'm lacking general purpose, but when I try to look for one, I can't find anything.

I'm not even sure why I'm putting all my personal thoughts in here in this forum.
Clearly, it's 42.

I wish I could give you some actual support here, but I don't have the slightest idea what to say. As such, I tend to default to making jokes.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74543 on: May 08, 2014, 06:57:08 am »

Try existentialism. It helped me :)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #74544 on: May 08, 2014, 07:02:52 am »

SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74545 on: May 08, 2014, 07:34:05 am »

Happy existentialism. That helps. With a side dish of dadaism - thoose two go well together.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #74547 on: May 08, 2014, 08:11:06 am »

Happy existentialism. That helps. With a side dish of dadaism - thoose two go well together.

Might I suggest purchasing a beret to help you with this problem?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74548 on: May 08, 2014, 08:20:14 am »

I slept in.

Shitstorm to ensue in a few hours when it's realized that I didn't go to whatever that place is today.

Everyone keeps flip-flopping on what this place actually does.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74549 on: May 08, 2014, 08:24:41 am »

Might I suggest purchasing a beret to help you with this problem?

Wish I could find one. Or a trenchcoat. Either of those would make me happy, even if only for a time. :|
Pages: 1 ... 4968 4969 [4970] 4971 4972 ... 8153