Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5011 5012 [5013] 5014 5015 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472165 times)

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75180 on: May 20, 2014, 05:40:18 pm »

Thought it might cheer her up back then, turned out the only way I could find it was for sale on a Japanese site.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #75181 on: May 20, 2014, 06:40:59 pm »

i'm talking more about how i get absolutely hysterical when i should have done something for people
Do what you can, and don't worry about the rest. If you find yourself getting absolutely hysterical, okay - that's a thing that's happening to you, not a thing that you're doing wrong. You aren't to blame for it, and you're not to feel ashamed for failing to help out because of it, anymore than you ought to be ashamed for failing to feed each starving person in the world. Circumstances have prevented you from being in a position to help. You may or may not want to do things to improve those circumstances for the next time; and you may or may not be able to. But, regardless, you don't need to be blaming yourself as it's happening.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #75182 on: May 20, 2014, 06:56:30 pm »

Weirdly enough I think I might of finally nudged Janets shit back into working order. Outside of accidentally making her aware of an  h-game mod she wants and can't find
...does it involve loli destroyer butts?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75183 on: May 20, 2014, 06:58:19 pm »

Nintendo's shutting down their online servers for DS in permanently in just over 12 hours! D:

I need to fill around 90 download song slots in my copy of Daigasso DX before that happens or I'll lose the chance to forever!

I should've been a bit clearer; basically any online play or interactions for every original DS and Wii game is now gone, since they pulled the servers down. Because they're too old/Nintendo wants people to buy new stuff.

I ended up managing to fill around 50 of the 100 slots, which is pretty good since I only had 6 before that. Game was Daigasso! Band Brothers DX which was the original Japanese incarnation of something called "Jam with the Band". It's a fun music game where people create special midis and then you play all the instrument parts with the buttons, basically. This version worked by having a huge constantly-updated database of songs submitted by people and maintained by Nintendo that you could download. However, due to strict copyright shenanigans it had the built-in restriction that you could only download 100 songs to a cartridge ever, and never delete any that you'd already downloaded (you could preview them before downloading, of course). So I ended up procrastinating a ton just in case someone ended up uploading a better version of my favourite animu opening than the one that was already there. But now the song server's gone, and I know I inevitably missed a lot of good tracks.

Additional sad for today is that the only reason I managed to download as many as I did was because I was up until 5 a.m. with food poisoning or something, puking violently about once an hour. I think it's slowing down now, but I thought that at a few points today. Can't sleep for more than a couple hours because my body's passively hurting and it wakes me up.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #75184 on: May 20, 2014, 07:08:31 pm »

...does it involve loli destroyer butts?

Yup, shimakaze mod. Though I think she's not really a loli, just small figured.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75185 on: May 20, 2014, 08:04:24 pm »

So im all moved into my new apartment and im thinking it might really suck. I only make enough for rent and food (barely) and thays only becsuse it's summer and I can work more hours. Thanks to the fact my studio apartment is a convert onto an old house I dont even have a phone jack for even shitty, cheap DSL. So im probably not going to have internet in my own living quarters. Which means zero connectivity in this cavity of a place to live, unless I talk to the person living above me and hope they're nice enough to split the bill with me. And even then I still have a shitty wifi connection so ot'd cut out all the time.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75186 on: May 20, 2014, 08:30:07 pm »

Get a flat/room mate, maybe?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75187 on: May 20, 2014, 08:32:04 pm »

Misery loves company, after all.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75188 on: May 20, 2014, 08:52:00 pm »

I'm feeling so frustrated and melancholy. I've been cooped up in the house for ages, I don't really have anywhere to go, all my friends that I'd usually hang out with have been busy with one thing or another throughout the break, except for one who is angry at me for reasons she refuses to explain or talk about.

Plus my mother has been throwing insults at me today. I'm feeling really frustrated about all of this.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75189 on: May 20, 2014, 09:00:39 pm »

I am stupid. Really, really, stupid.  >:(
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75190 on: May 20, 2014, 11:08:05 pm »

Guys, I'm gonna pop in from lurking for a bit to tell you that you all are awesome. LSP hang in there, I know life seems tough but from what I've seen from the posts you've made, the world would be a lot better with you in it. You're great and awesome.

Objective, you're a pretty awesome person as well and keep your chin up, everything gets better eventually. I know I've had my share of really tough days but they always go away, just hang in there. :)

NAV, your not stupid. Sometimes when we do things, we do them for the right reason or because we don't notice what we are doing is wrong and afterwards its definitely tough... But that's how life is, we learn from our mistakes and become a better person for it.

PNX, try taking a walk, I find exercise helps when I'm feeling stressed and depressed. If not then try finding a hobby or a video game, TV show, anime, book, etc; until things change. (And besides, breaks suck for hanging out with friends anyway. They always end up disappearing, but they'll be back soon!)

Hans, I really hope you're feeling better and I've hope you've gotten help. I've seen you post on the forums recently and that makes me very happy. :)

And to everyone else who is feeling depressed and feeling like they can't go on; You guys are amazing and wonderful people and I'm really glad to have met you all. I can't count how many times I've come onto these forums and cracked a smile or laughed from reading what you guys post and all crazy antics you guys get up too. The world would definitely be a lot sadder of a place without you guys. If you really are having problems then please get help, call your local suicide helpline, they are open 24/7 and would be glad to talk to you about it. :( So keep your heads up, because it will always get better.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #75191 on: May 21, 2014, 12:48:49 am »

You guys are amazing and wonderful people and I'm really glad to have met you all. I can't count how many times I've come onto these forums and cracked a smile or laughed from reading what you guys post and all crazy antics you guys get up too. The world would definitely be a lot sadder of a place without you guys.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75192 on: May 21, 2014, 12:57:33 am »

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75193 on: May 21, 2014, 01:13:28 am »

I knew somebody was gonna make that joke.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #75194 on: May 21, 2014, 01:14:57 am »

I saw that "Obama/Government Microchips" story again on facebook. From a completely different person I know.

It's just so sad. Instead of being active citizens and researching current events and checking for actual facts, people just generate and latch onto sensationalist news about all kinds of conspiracies and other BS, ironically helping to alienate themselves from control over their own lives. If only a majority of people would be informed voters, or even just vote in the first place, instead of getting all worked up over sensationalist crap and feeling so smug about evading the poll booth because "it's all a sham"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 5011 5012 [5013] 5014 5015 ... 8153