Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5166 5167 [5168] 5169 5170 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8548738 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #77505 on: June 25, 2014, 10:38:13 am »

You can also make melodramatic statements about how life is purposeful and all is not suffering, but that's shit too.
New philosophy: everything is Shit. Suddenly toilet humour seems so much wittier than it did before!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #77506 on: June 25, 2014, 10:40:03 am »

Ugh, this Steam sale is filling my inventory with cards and selling them on the market is kinda annoying.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77507 on: June 25, 2014, 10:40:43 am »

Why are you glaring at my alt, MZ?

((In the "above user in a nutshell" thread))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #77508 on: June 25, 2014, 10:41:10 am »

You can also make melodramatic statements about how life is purposeful and all is not suffering, but that's shit too.
New philosophy: everything is Shit. Suddenly toilet humour seems so much wittier than it did before!
But we can make melodramatic statements about how not all is shit, and those are free of fecal contamination. Not all is shit != All is not shit. Checkmate?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77509 on: June 25, 2014, 10:42:45 am »

* Yoink is too busy garbing himself in the sacred brown robes of enlightenment and singing the praises of the Holy Shit to respond.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #77510 on: June 25, 2014, 10:44:34 am »

Well, that's fair. May you be blessed with many shitstorms, and let nothing miss your consecrated fan.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77511 on: June 25, 2014, 10:46:31 am »

Wait, you mean that actually is your alt?
...Why do you have an alt? ???

Well, that's fair. May you be blessed with many shitstorms, and let nothing miss your consecrated fan.
I might just have to sig this. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77512 on: June 25, 2014, 10:48:17 am »

You in general from the ooc thread. I've now lumped you and your alt together as one.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77513 on: June 25, 2014, 10:50:05 am »

Wait, you mean that actually is your alt?
...Why do you have an alt? ???

I might just have to sig this. >.>
I explained the reasons earlier in this thread.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77514 on: June 25, 2014, 10:54:01 am »

As much as I'm mildly annoyed that you made me trawl back through posts to find the reason, it makes more sense now.
Well, the having an alt part, not the reason why you need it in the first place. >.> Dat's crazy.

Edit: I have a feeling that this post doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I haven't slept in a while and can't really think how to fix it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77515 on: June 25, 2014, 11:02:59 am »

your post doesn't make sense? the piece of paper i use to escape a keyboard just tore itself into two and now i can use it for two keyboards but that is not a set of objects that i possess and all three of these situations make no sense. yours is perfectly understandable go to bed

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77516 on: June 25, 2014, 11:11:15 am »

Well, damn. I just got my hospital bills, and even though the insurance paid for a big chunk, it still totally emptied my savings. The hospital and insurance company also seem to think I owe different amounts, but I'm sure that should be easy to sort out. I guess I've got a fun few days ahead of me.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #77517 on: June 25, 2014, 11:19:18 am »

If you live in the US, you can also try haggling with the hospital. They're known for deliberately inflating their bills on the understanding that insurance companies won't pay all of it anyway, so they try to wring out whatever they can. When it comes to the patient, though, most many some a few hospitals understand that there's no point in squeezing blood from a stone and will reduce the bill to marginally more reasonable levels. Although if you've already paid it, I got nothin.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77518 on: June 25, 2014, 11:51:47 am »

I've paid a little bit, but still owe about 2.5k. They've said they'll send me a form to fill out to possibly get my bill reduced. They want to see my last 12 months' income, which is good because I've been a student for most of those and haven't been working. That money was supposed to pay my tuition though, so I think I may be screwed either way.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77519 on: June 25, 2014, 12:34:58 pm »

Alts be 'gainst forum policy. Dun let Toady find out.
Also cbf trawling for reasoning.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 5166 5167 [5168] 5169 5170 ... 8155