Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5302 5303 [5304] 5305 5306 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8548930 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #79545 on: August 10, 2014, 08:29:47 pm »

I've said, since I'm apparently not allowed to have my body placed on a burning ship and set adrift in the ocean, that I want pyrotechnics, large quantities of alcohol, and AC/DC's Highway to Hell to be played at my funeral. The least I can do for people when I'm dead is ensure they have a good time.
Or at least a memorable one. Even if it's only memorable for being one where nobody remembers what they did. :T
Take a closer look at this text!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79546 on: August 10, 2014, 08:34:47 pm »

If anyone insists on playing any music after I'm dead, I want it to be "A Tout Le Monde," by Megadeth. Fitting.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79547 on: August 10, 2014, 08:36:01 pm »

I just got back from what was the closest thing to a funeral that my new deceased uncle had.

He was cremated, so there weren't any last goodbyes to his body. In fact, it was just this stupid little BBQ cookout at this dinky little park, centered around a single table in a field. My uncle was technically in a completely different branch of the family, so I barely knew anyone there, but they didn't really care about him, it was just a get together with no real mourning or sadness. I just feel terrible about it.

Maybe I should just settle down, and make myself a home here in the Sad Thread. I don't know if I'm ever gonna get out of it, so might as well just make myself comfortable.

Go read Catcher in the Rye. I'm not kidding. Just power through it all the way to the end. Read it.

I've read the Catcher before. Though it was years ago in Highschool. I can't remember how it applies.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #79548 on: August 10, 2014, 10:39:31 pm »

I haven't planned anything funeral related - I don't plan on dieing before I discover immortality. :I

In the slight chance I do die before that, then I'll see if I can challenge Death to do something.

"I get to challenge you right?

Win an unmodded game of Dwarf Fortress without having any self-imposed goals. You have two tries, because I'm generous."

More seriously:
I wouldn't want people to be sad at my funeral.
Organ donation: definitely.
Probably donate half of my money and give all of my stuff to my heirs, if I have any. I'd also leave my will incredibly ambiguous so that I can laugh at posterity from the afterlife or whatever while they drive themselves insane bickering over who gets that awesome flying cavy-powered rocket chair I got a few years back.
Though it is pretty sad that gaps can be created in families just over random stuff that the recently-deceased owned.

But I'll be dead, so whatever.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79549 on: August 10, 2014, 11:10:39 pm »

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:44:16 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79550 on: August 11, 2014, 12:00:56 am »

the ops on #bay12lb hate me  :(
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #79551 on: August 11, 2014, 12:05:02 am »

never mind
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:07:28 am by Remalle »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #79552 on: August 11, 2014, 12:06:02 am »

-snoop!-
Knowing them, there's either exaggeration of a feeling caused by a recent happening or there was a misunderstanding.
Also...that one emotion is a very strong one to use.
Reflect on what you did and try to see what was wrong with it.
Also you...err, could talk over the matter with those mentioned instead of mentioning it in emotion threads :/
Stuff like these should at least be talked over with the parties in question.

Edited for generalizing words. Unless you did talk to them about it, its best to...err, not leave it for posterity ._.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:09:05 am by Tiruin »

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79553 on: August 11, 2014, 12:21:56 am »

im not bitching or anything im just saying something that made me sad i do blame myself because im clearly doing something to piss them off so much
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #79554 on: August 11, 2014, 12:23:12 am »

You could talk to them about it to fix it up--sure, sometimes there's abrasiveness due to situational stuffs, but they're pretty calm people.
 :)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #79555 on: August 11, 2014, 12:37:54 am »

It seems like no matter what I do during the day, at the end of the day I'm guilt-ridden and can't shake the feeling that I am a horrible failure bound for a future of failure, and can't sleep because the next day is going to be another failure-tastic day.

So that's cool.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #79556 on: August 11, 2014, 12:55:33 am »

Well at least you're pretty consistent. Got that going for ya.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #79557 on: August 11, 2014, 12:57:02 am »

Oh hey Mr Space Cat, I see you've caught that bug, too.
I'm not going to complain about it, since my failure is entirely my fault. You, on the other hand, at least gave me the impression that you're trying to change it. And if you're doing your best to not-fail, there's no reason to be guilty for failing to not fail.

Well at least you're pretty consistent. Got that going for ya.
Consistency is the bane of small-time businessmen.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #79558 on: August 11, 2014, 02:22:31 am »

My headset is reaching its wiggle phase...

No crazy wire wiggling yet, just the seldom and sporadic audio drop.

'Tis not a good sign.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79559 on: August 11, 2014, 03:40:56 am »

the ops on #bay12lb hate me  :(
Not sure if they "hate" me but I'm pretty sure we have at least a mutual dislike. It's okay that just makes us edgy and cool.

Anyway, re: funerals: Not sure if I've mentioned my dream funeral before on here, but I want my body embalmed and preserved in as realistic as possible a way. Possible replace arms and legs with posable replicas, and ideally keep my death on the down-low.
Then, the poor suckers who I included in my Will will be honour-bound to fly my corpse around the world, posing it in exotic locales and with famous figures and taking happy snaps of it, which will be uploaded to my Facebook account as though I was still alive. It will be most hilarious. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 5302 5303 [5304] 5305 5306 ... 8155