Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5518 5519 [5520] 5521 5522 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8552647 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #82785 on: October 08, 2014, 12:19:36 pm »

welp had a total mental break down this morning
didnt help that my mom kept badgering me to tell her what was wrong when all i wanted to do was get ready for school and leave
or that my dad told me if i invite 26 people to my birthday party ((my mom told me to make a list of my friends i would like to have at my party)) that i will look like a little rich shit that just wants as many presents as possible. All i want is to see my friends!
then my dad gave me a lecture on the way to school, that was basicaly ¨This part of your life is the best and the future is going to suck¨
because telling a sad kid that life sucks is the best way to cheer them up.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82786 on: October 08, 2014, 12:36:12 pm »

welp had a total mental break down this morning
didnt help that my mom kept badgering me to tell her what was wrong when all i wanted to do was get ready for school and leave
or that my dad told me if i invite 26 people to my birthday party ((my mom told me to make a list of my friends i would like to have at my party)) that i will look like a little rich shit that just wants as many presents as possible. All i want is to see my friends!
then my dad gave me a lecture on the way to school, that was basicaly ¨This part of your life is the best and the future is going to suck¨
because telling a sad kid that life sucks is the best way to cheer them up.
Do ignore, highschool (I'm assuming you're highschool?), was the worst part of my life to be honest. There were a few highlights (my 1 or 2 close friends) but most of it was bullying, loneliness and being badgered constantly from everyone because I "have a lot of potential and could do well if I just applied myself blah blah blah". Moving from high-school to college/University was amazing. Relative poverty aside I had freedom, could go out whenever/wherever I wanted, and had to answer to no one. It was liberating, and I learned more about who I was, and shaped myself more in to the image of myself I had, than in all the previous 18 years of my life put together. Even at 27 now, I have little nostalgia for Highschool. I guess for some people it's great, but it's not the peak of your life for sure. Just learn to make a solid budget now, and you're set to avoid most of the stress many adults feel.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82787 on: October 08, 2014, 12:39:05 pm »

Say what you like, but yes- pretty much entirely.
I had 26 friends in school. Now I've got about four. Granted they're incredibly close, but people all kind of spread apart after school, and there's no longer really a way for you to see them for extended recreational time every day.

Pretty much the only way you'll ever have relationships like your school friends is if you join the army, because then it's still you against the man- but in standard work situations, you and your co-workers are usually either responsible for carrying eachother's screwups, or worse, in competition with eachother- which really puts a damper on a friendship.
There's a reason adults usually put "schoolfriends" above "work friends".

Depressing stuff aside- that doesn't mean it's all downhill. Contrary to what you're thinking, life doesn't just get harder after school. In many cases, it gets easier. However I definitely regret not taking the time to stop and smell the roses back when I was a schoolkid. That token guy you know, and are friendly with, but never really hang out with? I guarantee you're going to see him in a bar sometime. That crush you never asked out, I guarantee you'd kick yourself for.

So, don't be a sad kid, because if you are, future you will just be angry at you because you spent all that time being sad instead of experiencing life free from back pain or headache-hangovers.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #82788 on: October 08, 2014, 01:31:06 pm »

got the friends i want and asked out my crush
so no missed opertunites there

im not really sad anymore just bleh
3 hours of straight testing sucks
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82789 on: October 08, 2014, 02:06:28 pm »

High school is little more than mental conditioning for eternal damnation.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #82790 on: October 08, 2014, 02:08:01 pm »

got the friends i want and asked out my crush
so no missed opertunites there

im not really sad anymore just bleh
3 hours of straight testing sucks
Yeah, I know how you feel.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #82791 on: October 08, 2014, 02:16:59 pm »

Hey, at least you have people to come to your birthday party. Or a birthday party at all. Or anyone who remembers your birthday... :'(

Sad:
I have gotten 12 hours of sleep in the last five days. That is the longest streak of insomnia for a while. I got a full 4 hours by missing some school yesterday though...

And I had two unit exams today, that I had forgotten about.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #82792 on: October 08, 2014, 02:50:28 pm »

Some girl talked to me today and I pushed her away. Not literally, but still.

I don't hate people, and I keep telling myself I'm going to stop doing this, but apparently my mouth doesn't want to.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #82793 on: October 08, 2014, 03:45:01 pm »

Sads today; the previous conversation made me remember how much I miss my old friends. I have no-one left to talk to :'(
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #82794 on: October 08, 2014, 03:50:06 pm »

Got BTFO by my midterm.

G Fucking G
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82795 on: October 08, 2014, 09:17:05 pm »

Ugh had to listen to a fake "Art of Persuasion" video meant as a comedy that pretty much amounts to abusing women and being a braggart jerk...

And what makes me sad is... it would actually work on some people.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82796 on: October 08, 2014, 09:55:33 pm »

High school is little more than mental conditioning for eternal damnation.
Amen to that.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #82797 on: October 08, 2014, 11:49:37 pm »

Now that I came to term with the deal with my crush, my sadness seem to just be nebulous and unplaced. How am I supposed to cope with something that I don't even know about?

Disappointment of life in general is too broad a thing to cope with.

Maybe I should go on an adventure.
I feel like I need an adventure as well, but I don't have access to adventures. If you have the opportunity, go on a quest to find the meaning of life, and do it for me.
I have to say, I've thought about this a lot too. The idea of going on a roadtrip/hike anywhere, just picking a road or path and following to see where it takes you sounds really good. Getting lost somewhere you don't know. Meeting new places.
That would be so good. Objective, Caroline and IronTomato go on a huge odyssey together to find the meaning of life and to escape their everyday lives. One day there's gonna be a book about that.

* IronTomato 's brain returns to reality

Sucks that none of us can do that. ;_;
It's possible--I did that, alone...though it was more of an understanding the world thing than running away from it.

Some girl talked to me today and I pushed her away. Not literally, but still.

I don't hate people, and I keep telling myself I'm going to stop doing this, but apparently my mouth doesn't want to.
Tell yourself that verbally. With your mouth. :D
Conscious intervention.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82798 on: October 08, 2014, 11:50:45 pm »

Speaking of hating people, what does one do about hating oneself?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #82799 on: October 08, 2014, 11:53:45 pm »

Speaking of hating people, what does one do about hating oneself?
Change what you hate and find ways to transform that into something better.
Sounds easy--yet whatever 'hardship' may be seems more to be a set limitation by the person (though in cases of previous experiences/past childhood experiences, its more on learning how to overcome it by not focusing on whatever you hate which is learned from the past).
Hate does nothing but encounter worse feelings. It doesn't lead to wholesome development. :-\
Pages: 1 ... 5518 5519 [5520] 5521 5522 ... 8155