Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5586 5587 [5588] 5589 5590 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8574373 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #83805 on: October 31, 2014, 01:43:09 am »

That might be a bit excessive, but practical action +1.

In other news, it's not even half past five and I've already had half a dozen gangs of small children hammering on the door demanding sweets. I put a sign up telling them to bugger off, but apparently it "blew over in the wind". There is no wind. Halloween is awful.

Eh? Halloween is tomorrow :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83806 on: October 31, 2014, 01:48:12 am »

That might be a bit excessive, but practical action +1.

In other news, it's not even half past five and I've already had half a dozen gangs of small children hammering on the door demanding sweets. I put a sign up telling them to bugger off, but apparently it "blew over in the wind". There is no wind. Halloween is awful.

Eh? Halloween is tomorrow :P
Eh? People live in different places :P

It's technically Halloween right now. I woke up at 1 AM.
On Halloween.
Que LSP's previous statement.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #83807 on: October 31, 2014, 01:54:19 am »

Every time someone writes LSP I think of Lumpy Space Princess and get confused.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83808 on: October 31, 2014, 01:57:05 am »

I sometimes confuse it with LSD. I'm a strange person.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #83809 on: October 31, 2014, 01:58:31 am »

Do what I did.

Cut all contact.

You can't stop loving them.

But at some point or another.

You just gotta let go.

Only way to start feeling better.

Really bittersweat.

Bleh. I feel like crying again.
Woah there, friend :s Her parents aren't like yours...Your story is different here. Let's not show the same response to others in such contexts.
*hugs you*
It's a delicate thing, those bonds.
My PMs are open. Sent you one by the way. :-\

Have the doctor refer you to a therapist for your depression if you can, and be brutally honest with the therapist. Tell them everything you tell us, and everything you hold back. Try to get him to write a note stating that you're being impacted by your parents' behavior, and they need to knock that shit off.
Well, the doctor told me it wasn't severe enough to refer me to a therapist... :(

Edit: and before you tell me to go back, how? My parents think being depressed is because of my "choice" to be an introvert who doesn't like sports.
wat
Tell him its severe (or possibly detail it all and how you feel about it), unless in part there is fault in your reasoning...though that's doubtable given the details you input here (as in, its doubtful that the severity is more of 'overreaction' and stuff)

I get the feeling that a lot of B12ers, you included, would be a lot less depressed if they weren't dealing with egomaniacal idiots running the show.

This is so, so true.
Bloody THIS.
If people were more empathic towards their children, we'd have...well, better generations out of all :S
It's been proven through history that bad childhoods = burdened weight; yes it changes in time but argh the weight.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #83810 on: October 31, 2014, 02:09:52 am »

Have the doctor refer you to a therapist for your depression if you can, and be brutally honest with the therapist. Tell them everything you tell us, and everything you hold back. Try to get him to write a note stating that you're being impacted by your parents' behavior, and they need to knock that shit off.
Well, the doctor told me it wasn't severe enough to refer me to a therapist... :(

Edit: and before you tell me to go back, how? My parents think being depressed is because of my "choice" to be an introvert who doesn't like sports.
wat
Tell him its severe (or possibly detail it all and how you feel about it), unless in part there is fault in your reasoning...though that's doubtable given the details you input here (as in, its doubtful that the severity is more of 'overreaction' and stuff)
He gave me a survey to fill out, and the numbers equaled moderate depression. He didn't care about my answers, just the numbers they give.

And so if I go back and ask him to refer me to a therapist I guess I could get one... But how do I get back there to talk to him? I would need my parents to take me there, why should they? They think I brought it on myself because the doctor suggested ways to deal with it, and they think the fact that I wasn't doing the things to help cope caused my depression.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83811 on: October 31, 2014, 02:14:14 am »

Sports won't resolve the conflicts which your parents push onto you--if they're negative in that degree (which I consider deep, noting the point of 'screaming and anger and D:<') :S

Did you tell him about all that?
Do your parents know that you're adverse to their actions of shouting as a form of guidance--that it isn't conducive to helping?
Doubting a person before understanding them creates very real impasses despite the realistic note of physical distance between people. Talk to them about it.

I mean, they aren't bad--maybe they don't just realize what exactly is bothering you? The consideration of suggesting sports is a good point to them; socialization and depending on the people you meet, its quite a nice way for support (peers and such).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:17:38 am by Tiruin »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83812 on: October 31, 2014, 02:18:08 am »

Doesn't sound like a very good doctor.

Just out of curiosity, what things did he suggest to deal with it and is he even a licensed psychiatrist?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83813 on: October 31, 2014, 02:26:43 am »

Halloween is great fun, even when I've had to clean egg off our house when we ran out of candy one year. I love to put on a really thick costume so people can't see my breathing, pose as a dummy amidst the front yard decorations, then lunge at people and scare the shit out of them. And people love that.
Halloween isn't that bad, really. I mean, yes, I usually have to hand out shit to Children, and I don't like children, but it's FUN. It's a day where everyone can dress up, can appreciate many genres of fiction (And some reality!) And go out and get free shit.
People don't dress up for Halloween in NZ (or at least my corner of it). Sometimes you'll see a kid in a sheet or a mask or something, but other than that it's literally just children running around demanding sweets.
We (usually) don't even get Halloween sales. Only really desperate stores pull that one.

Every time someone writes LSP I think of Lumpy Space Princess and get confused.
Lumpy... space... of course!

IT'S RESEARCH TIME!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #83814 on: October 31, 2014, 02:29:28 am »

Sports won't resolve the conflicts which your parents push onto you--if they're negative in that degree (which I consider deep, noting the point of 'screaming and anger and D:<') :S

Do your parents know that you're adverse to their actions of shouting as a form of guidance--that it isn't conducive to helping?
Doubting a person before understanding them creates very real impasses despite the realistic note of physical distance between people. Talk to them about it.

I mean, they aren't bad--maybe they don't just realize what exactly is bothering you? The consideration of suggesting sports is a good point to them; socialization and depending on the people you meet, its quite a nice way for support (peers and such).
Tiruin, I have tried talking to my parents before. My girlfriend tried talking to them. Every time they didn't listen.

And they didn't suggest I do sports, the doctor did.
They told me I am no longer allowed to spend time in the basement (where my room is, and my computer) so that I am forced to "socialize" with them. Of course this means I just sit there and everyone ignores me and my little siblings scream and run around.

Doesn't sound like a very good doctor.

Just out of curiosity, what things did he suggest to deal with it and is he even a licensed psychiatrist?
He told me I should exercise and spend more time with close friends. Good advice I guess, but worthless to me.
And I don't know for sure, but I doubt he is a psychiatrist...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:30:59 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83815 on: October 31, 2014, 02:32:36 am »

Why the heck is your room in the basement? One doesn't usually think of the basement as a living space.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83816 on: October 31, 2014, 02:34:13 am »

Basement? I've never even seen a house with a basement.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #83817 on: October 31, 2014, 02:35:37 am »

Why the heck is your room in the basement? One doesn't usually think of the basement as a living space.
My bed is in the guest bedroom closet.

I actually get a bed to myself down here, and it's far away from everyone else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83818 on: October 31, 2014, 02:39:06 am »

@_@
Maybe your basements are different in your country/area...because we have living space in our basement too :P
...Wherein basement =/= long, dark stairwell underground, but like a lower floor.

Basement? I've never even seen a house with a basement.
Think of it as a 2nd floor underground. :P

Tiruin, I have tried talking to my parents before. My girlfriend tried talking to them. Every time they didn't listen.

And they didn't suggest I do sports, the doctor did.
They told me I am no longer allowed to spend time in the basement (where my room is, and my computer) so that I am forced to "socialize" with them. Of course this means I just sit there and everyone ignores me and my little siblings scream and run around.
:S
Do they...start the conversations sometimes?
...Was it mentioned that they could start the conversations? ._.
Also socializing isn't bad :o They have the right idea--development of interpersonal aspect. So does your doctor (though it may not be good for us to conclude since we don't know the exacts; if you're in doubt, speak to em again?)

Also sorry for prodding but by 'talking', you included the topic of why exactly you were depressed, and the cause, and why it makes you depressed, aye? :O I mean given that a cause is 'screaming from parents', that is very sure to get them to listen.
They have the base idea anyway--wanting you to socialize; they think the depression is due to lack of socialization, (+ reasons unheard which may have to be asked on how they see it). Perhaps start from there, too?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:49:02 am by Tiruin »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #83819 on: October 31, 2014, 02:43:05 am »

Can't sleep. Been trying to sleep for 2 hours now. Currently 2:40 in the morning. Have a class at 8:00. Need to "wake up" at 7:00.

Wheeeeeeeee.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 5586 5587 [5588] 5589 5590 ... 8156