Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5760 5761 [5762] 5763 5764 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470215 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #86415 on: January 06, 2015, 10:41:02 am »

My coffee-bean mousepad doesn't seem to work. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #86416 on: January 06, 2015, 10:45:53 am »

Geology starts today. None of my textbooks have arrived yet and I haven't slept all night. I'm going to be making some good first impressions [/sarcasm]
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86417 on: January 06, 2015, 10:55:20 am »

Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #86418 on: January 06, 2015, 03:02:07 pm »

Tried to go to the gym. Did not realize how late it was until I checked the phone, because it's pretty much uniformly dark from 4 PM onwards. Did not go to the gym. And I'll probably have to lie if my mom asks when she calls, because, apparently, being supportive once in a while is for shmucks.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86419 on: January 06, 2015, 03:09:03 pm »

It's possible if you can create artificial gravity with a centrifuge connected to the outside hull but ya.
One is that zero G insemination is just very difficult for obvious reason then the baby acctually forming would have several defects if they were able to form in the first place
One of those defects being extremely weak bones, children born/raised in space would have very little bone mass because well there's no stress on the skeleton in space so no need to have a heavy stress resistant skeleton
Until we develop some form of artificial gravity.

The main reason we don't know is because of the ethics of the entire thing. Sure they could do animal studies, but that would still leave the question hanging out there.

They have done research in it.
Science channel had a show that talked about it for a bit.
It's impossible for humans to make other humans in zero G, one of the largest problems is the actual sex, this kinda requires gravity or else your just throwing each other around the ship making no progress at all. Then the development in the womb requires gravity IIRC. And once again children born I space basically can't go to earth without major side effects because of their extremely weakened skeletal system
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86420 on: January 06, 2015, 03:18:25 pm »

It's possible if you can create artificial gravity with a centrifuge connected to the outside hull but ya.
One is that zero G insemination is just very difficult for obvious reason then the baby acctually forming would have several defects if they were able to form in the first place
One of those defects being extremely weak bones, children born/raised in space would have very little bone mass because well there's no stress on the skeleton in space so no need to have a heavy stress resistant skeleton
Until we develop some form of artificial gravity.

The main reason we don't know is because of the ethics of the entire thing. Sure they could do animal studies, but that would still leave the question hanging out there.

They have done research in it.
Science channel had a show that talked about it for a bit.
It's impossible for humans to make other humans in zero G, one of the largest problems is the actual sex, this kinda requires gravity or else your just throwing each other around the ship making no progress at all. Then the development in the womb requires gravity IIRC. And once again children born I space basically can't go to earth without major side effects because of their extremely weakened skeletal system

Sure, theoretically. But there's yet to be an experiment on the actual development of space-babies of any species.

Also, bords in space.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #86421 on: January 06, 2015, 03:23:14 pm »

one of the largest problems is the actual sex, this kinda requires gravity or else your just throwing each other around the ship making no progress at all.

Bullshit. Not only can humans maneuver quite well in microgravity with sufficient practice,  there's this wonderful invention called a rope that can be used to fix people in place for whatever activity is desired. Officially, there's been no sex in space (among humans, anyway, rats have successfully copulated although the resulting offspring had issues with maneuvering that normal baby rats did not) but there have been studies on it, and a special spacesuit has been patented for the purpose. Russian researchers into the subject believe that the idea of strictly physical issues are utterly ridiculous.

There isn't much evidence yet as to how badly affected fetal development would be affected by microgravity, or whether any such infants would eventually be able to enter a gravity well. There's a few theories, and the statements you made on that subject do represent the most accepted of them, but there's little evidence, largely due to the ethical problems with gathering such data.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86422 on: January 06, 2015, 03:27:48 pm »

Yes but even in the suits it's not easy.

And here I will stop posting on the subject because I seem to have derailed the thread
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #86423 on: January 06, 2015, 04:10:51 pm »

If you want to keep talking about it we have a space thread.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #86424 on: January 06, 2015, 04:12:22 pm »

I decided to play my 3DS a bit to finish up some stuff I missed while playing Senran Kagura burst, and... Well.

The 3DS feels like trash now after adjusting to a psvita. The feel of the casing, the quality of the screens, the performance of the hardware.... Everything

Kinda sucks since I wanted to play Etrian Mystery dungeon and the sequel to burst later on this year. But I'm gonna have to do so on something that feels like a toy to me now .x
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #86425 on: January 06, 2015, 04:18:01 pm »

I decided to play my 3DS a bit to finish up some stuff I missed while playing Senran Kagura burst, and... Well.

The 3DS feels like trash now after adjusting to a psvita. The feel of the casing, the quality of the screens, the performance of the hardware.... Everything

Kinda sucks since I wanted to play Etrian Mystery dungeon and the sequel to burst later on this year. But I'm gonna have to do so on something that feels like a toy to me now .x

Really? Either Sony's build quality went way up after the PSP, or Nintendo's took a nosedive after the original DS (I don't have a 3ds or a Vita, but have both PSP and DS, and the PSP feels really, really bad by comparison). That's really strange, since build quality's been Nintendo's best feature since, well, ever (even the NES's cartridge tray, as fickle as it could be, was very well built, the problems were intrinsic to the design.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #86426 on: January 06, 2015, 04:25:09 pm »

My main problem in feel is well... The quality of the plastics I'm holding if we go for build quality. The plastic on the 3ds feels much more "Off" and cheap despite the 3dsxl otherwise being pretty robust. Not to mention a little slippery. I can get a better grip on the vita that doesn't cramp my hands too.

It's just weird, I remember having a PSP way back and thinking it felt awkward compared to my DS, and now I feel the OTHER way around. Which kinda sucks since it makes it feel so freaking weird to use now.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86427 on: January 06, 2015, 04:29:26 pm »

I had a PSP long before I got my 3ds (and lost it, also long before I had the 3ds) and I always thought it felt like one sexy thing.
Had a nice bit of heft to the main part, plenty of shiny bits, decent shoulder buttons, that sort of thing... I don't have any problem with the 3ds XL, it feels quite nice to me, but I can see how it's a bit more "toy-like" than the PSP. I haven't really played the Vita much, don't like it very much.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86428 on: January 06, 2015, 04:40:08 pm »

I think the 3DS is made to be more kid-friendly. And to be honest, I don't blame them. Their main market is from like 5-15 and 25-80.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #86429 on: January 06, 2015, 05:05:01 pm »

Oh look, six days into the new year and I'm already violently depressive, woohoo!

As an added bonus the fast food dinner I had is hitting my stomach hard and I can feel the acid in my throat ffs.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 5760 5761 [5762] 5763 5764 ... 8153