Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5993 5994 [5995] 5996 5997 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474073 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #89910 on: March 11, 2015, 01:27:59 pm »

But you do like talking to people -- you are doing it right now. Most of us are spambots, I'll give you that, but there are a few humans on Bay12.
I wouldn't say I'm addicted to talking to people though. I do get lonely at times but can also go days without talking to anyone and not feeling lonely at all. And I've only ever had a few good friends. Like, maybe 5 at most at one time. In high school that number dwindled down to...maybe 2 good friends. Currently in college I'd say I have no friends, because my two friends from high school have gone their own ways since graduation and I haven't kept in contact with them. And it's not like I'm constantly eager to talk to new people or make small talk with acquaintances I hardly know. I don't check Facebook regularly at all, my twitter account is full of zero tweets and no followers or people I'm following.

Cryxis was implying that he, "like all teenagers", cannot step checking their phones or checking their social media or messaging friends or whatever it is social people do with their phones. His earlier post was referring to his phone constantly getting messages from friends and stuff. given the context, his statement "like all teens I'm addicted to talking to people" implies that to be like all teens and be addicted tot alking to people, you must be a teenager with a phone constantly getting messages and social media stuff. And this is a bad generalization that's also done by lots and lots of people.

Hence my response. I'm not saying I hate talking to people. I was saying there's people who don't fit this stereotype.

Note for Cryxis, nothing against you personally. I just really really dislike this stereotype in particular and maybe I'm being harsh.

Yeah, sorry if I was being harsh, guys.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89911 on: March 11, 2015, 01:29:16 pm »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #89912 on: March 11, 2015, 01:35:04 pm »

Probably several pages late, but

Reminder: people are more than just their jobs. I know some aspects of society often ask "what material services are you providing to someone else?" and assigns a worth to your life based on the dollar value, but that's simply not true. Ironically, capitalist society often ignores the most important thing to take from individualism, which is self-determination: you must determine your own purpose in life.

Glad to see CMC is feeling better. Cappy, feel free to PM if you want to talk about this stuff at our own pace.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #89913 on: March 11, 2015, 01:43:31 pm »

Reminder: people are more than just their jobs. I know some aspects of society often ask "what material services are you providing to someone else?" and assigns a worth to your life based on the dollar value, but that's simply not true. Ironically, capitalist society often ignores the most important thing to take from individualism, which is self-determination: you must determine your own purpose in life.

Glad to see CMC is feeling better. Cappy, feel free to PM if you want to talk about this stuff at our own pace.
This.
Hugo makes good points.
Which is what I've been trying to say when I said 'Functionalism' but argh me. >_>
Also @Capt: You could...minimize the image.
Code: [Select]
[img height=x width=y][/img]x/y = pixels. o_o

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89914 on: March 11, 2015, 01:55:23 pm »

~snip~
I do, I shall, but I haven't even gotten around to our current philosophical waffling yet! :D Besides... I need... to actually do my work at some point... But not yet. Heh.

This.
Hugo makes good points.
Which is what I've been trying to say when I said 'Functionalism' but argh me. >_>
Also @Capt: You could...minimize the image.
Code: [Select]
[img height=x width=y][/img]x/y = pixels. o_o
That was... Sort of the joke. Making fun of all the long-ass, oververbose, slightly over-dramatized posts that I've been putting here. It's okay though Tiruin, and on note of that and the like: It's that that gives me issue. In a society whose collective attitude is to boil everything down to its "usefulness" or "monetary value" or a numerical expression that has no bearing on what the expression actually represents, creates some very uncompassionate mechanisms, represented by the way in which corporations are so apt to replace people when they can find a cheaper way to do something, ignoring the human cost in a supposed bid for efficiency. Life's not that much of a race, society as a whole needs to take a century to mellow and address social issues at a small group level rather than all rush to some arbitrary goal, ignoring the consequences.

To the thing that Sphess and Surqimus are talking about, The only thing I have to say is the old adage "No man is an island." Even loners need some connections, and to point out a generalized trend toward extroversion is not inherently an attack on the introverts. Both extreme introversion and extroversion need to be brought back into balance for the sake of the individual in question, which is all I think that Cryxis was trying to say in the first place, even if he only addressed half the issue. ( Sphess, only addressing half the issue is not discrimination, it's prioritizing. Cryxis was addressing the issue as it related to him and you did overreact a little, though it's good that you addressed the other half in as it related to you. )
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:56:57 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #89915 on: March 11, 2015, 02:08:04 pm »

OH NO HAM
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #89916 on: March 11, 2015, 02:09:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...anyways.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #89917 on: March 11, 2015, 02:14:21 pm »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89918 on: March 11, 2015, 02:19:28 pm »

Man... my faith has been shaken. :-[
I think I need to see a cage match between grisha5 and Hamstone. Just to clear things up once and for all, y'know?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89919 on: March 11, 2015, 02:21:26 pm »

...anyways.

HAMJAM TIME. 8)
Best time to bring out Shook's work. :P

{introvert extrovert stuff}
I'll have to bop you guys real hard on the ribs, lightly, on misinterpreting how this idea is conceived and...understood. There is no realistic extreme of extroversion and introversion that being called an introvert already means that 'you're like this but not the other'--nobody can live a lonely lifestyle; there is always that need, as inherent as physiological needs, which orient towards companionship.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:38:18 pm by Tiruin »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #89920 on: March 11, 2015, 02:46:58 pm »

I'll have to bop you guys real hard on the ribs, lightly,
?!?!?

:P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #89921 on: March 11, 2015, 02:50:52 pm »

I'll have to bop you guys real hard on the ribs, lightly,
?!?!?

:P

Tiruin is also fond of tenderly murdering her enemies.

Anyway, we can at least be introverted enough that we forced ourselves to miss out on the whole "socialize with your peers like a normal teenager" and thus are really, really bad at socializing as adults, and also have no fun memories of adolescent hijinks to recall. Like me. ;-;
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #89922 on: March 11, 2015, 02:51:42 pm »

No. Just... No.
 :'(
Hoping it doesn't even fall remotely close to getting passed.
Why do people even make laws like this? How does anyone benefit from them?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89923 on: March 11, 2015, 02:55:43 pm »

No. Just... No.
 :'(
Hoping it doesn't even fall remotely close to getting passed.
Why do people even make laws like this? How does anyone benefit from them?
...In all reasonability, it would make sense if the idea even included 'on grounds of probable lasciviousness' as an initial notion--because it would make sense in that manner, however the idea doesn't even exist in the article and yet the first paragraph, which is ideally supposed to be the one with the most impact just leaves it a blank "fine with legal fees and for any 'mental anguish' the cisgender student suffered.

-_-
Nowhere in the article even mentions that!

...Wow that single-mindedness of that bill. :-\

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89924 on: March 11, 2015, 03:13:45 pm »

No. Just... No.
... When's humanity's next software patch coming out? This one is buggy. Especially those whole logic and reasoning parts.

But really, who thought that this was a good idea. It doesn't even make sense.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 5993 5994 [5995] 5996 5997 ... 8153