Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6004 6005 [6006] 6007 6008 ... 7884

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 5356349 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90075 on: March 25, 2015, 11:19:29 pm »

THREE CHEERS FOR LIBERAL CALIFORNIA

Uh, I think you're posting in the wrong thread? How is Kamala Harris asking for permission to kill an obviously bigoted bill that was made by an obvious bigot a sad?

I like the last paragraph though.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90076 on: March 25, 2015, 11:21:26 pm »

I dunno. I feel like Kaladin's parents are actually being really supportive (Dresses, piercings, etc), they're just terrible at it. So... can we not all jump on the 'All B12ers should hate their parents' bandwagon?
My mom is kind of the opposite of supportive though. She has definitely told me I can't be a girl before, because I don't meet some standard of femininity that requires I have played with dolls as a child? I don't know why...

And my dad is just terrible at being supportive? I hope? He emailed me saying that he was just joking and I shouldn't get my ears pierced... and that I should come down from the storage cupboard because he won't stab me. :-[

And actually, I'm not allowed to wear dresses because they are "too girly"... The best I can get is androgynous stuff (at least that's what my dad says). :-\

Nothing wrong with the tomboy look honestly. But what the hell do I know about fashion anyway.....

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #90077 on: March 26, 2015, 12:06:02 am »

PFP

Maybe just talk to your dad about this, Kal? Seeing his past instances (which, out of context, can be taken as abuse...but that infers a ton in between), he does mean well. So does your mom--the thing is, how they go about with things has their reasoning behind it; that bit with your mom, what she said before, is more...pity(?), I believe? Given that's how she 'knows' how to work with things, it must be something she has experienced beforehand which affected her a lot.

Same with your dad: it seems he tried humor but...ehh.

Maybe do the direct approach before jumping off the springboard by how you personally perceive it? I'm feeling like there's a dissonance with intent at the moment, but that's me guessing. Talk to them about what they think, then have a nice conversation while carrying it on! Ask!

Also the only stuffed animal I treasured a ton to this day was a nice dalmatian named 'Wizzer' on his blue collar. It was a gift from my nephew when I was 7. I did not sleep with any other kind of thing, other than one pillow all nights beforehand.
Then I had an stuffed orca, as a souvenir as a gift.

They are still present until the current day, and I'm wondering on giving it to my niece, who just turned 3. Wait, yes...must do it...argh the memories ._.
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #90078 on: March 26, 2015, 12:21:11 am »

+1 to Tiruin as well, if you haven't done that.

That said I'd like to iterate again that you shouldn't be afraid to get them involved if you feel you need to. It's better to get help involved when it can still do some good, even if the problems are still fairly small, then to wait until they become so big they are incurable. I've also known people who really needed help, yet kept putting it off and saying that if they waited a little bit and tried just a little harder without help things would get better. Asking your parent and confronting them is great, but don't be afraid to go to help if you decide you need it.

Best of luck with this, and know that we're here supporting you as best as we can. :)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #90079 on: March 26, 2015, 12:29:01 am »

Yeah, what Tiruin said. 

I can't even imagine what you're going through, though.  I hope your parents (well, mostly your dad) are trying to be supportive, and are just expressing it poorly.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Be so old that people find intolerance charming
    • View Profile
« Reply #90080 on: March 26, 2015, 12:31:26 am »

The best I can get is androgynous stuff.
I'm kinda torn here, 'cos you should have the right to be whoever you want to be, but at the same time you're still pretty young, and the young are outstanding at making decisions they could regret later.
I would personally say stick with the androgynous stuff for now, until you move out, simply because that way it can be a 'smooth transition'.

This advice should be taken with numerous grains of salt of varying size and shape though, 'cos at the end of the day, I'm not trans and I dunno anything.

-Actually Tiruin's Problems Snip- ._.

Don't do it! Kids don't appreciate them as much as you could, and when you're 80 you'll probably still want to have them sitting around the house somewhere.
I gave away the teddy-dog which was so close to my heart as a child, and I've regretted it So Much.
Get her a new one, so that she can foster lasting sentimental connections with It.

... Or maybe I'm a hoarder.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 12:38:52 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Bay 12 Blood Bowl I apparently host now.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90081 on: March 26, 2015, 01:39:31 am »

THREE CHEERS FOR LIBERAL CALIFORNIA
If the bill gets more a a few dozen signatures I'll eat my hat.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cinder

• Bay Watcher
  • This machine kills fascists.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90082 on: March 26, 2015, 02:56:23 am »

@Tack: Theoretically, a person tend to be able to figure out their gender by the time they're around 15.

I say theoretically because that's not the case with me, but then again I'm only 16.

Although, yeah, HRT miiiiiight be a bit of a problem because it makes you sterile, which may be a problem if you intend on having biological children.
One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #90083 on: March 26, 2015, 05:06:48 am »

I slept so badly this morning that I punted Totoro some three feet off the foot of the bed :< ~Nightmares~
What, you sleep with a stuffed animal Totoro? That's adorable.~
I've got a stuffed white tiger I've slept with since...I think since I was 7? so for 12 years.

I've got a teddybear and beanbag froggy
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #90084 on: March 26, 2015, 07:43:54 am »

I want to play DFO but it has a regional IP ban on Korea, China, and Japan. :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90085 on: March 26, 2015, 08:59:27 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:08:13 pm by Vector »
nonbinary/genderqueer renegade mathematician and former mafia subforum badass.

don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90086 on: March 26, 2015, 09:02:44 am »

I agree. We should all get back into that circle, and jerk it for all it's worth!

nobutseriouslyitiskindofweird

like, is she even catholic? it's the Philippines so it's likely but still

(also I've never been randomly PM'd just to see how I'm doin' ;----;)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90087 on: March 26, 2015, 09:04:45 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:07:57 pm by Vector »
nonbinary/genderqueer renegade mathematician and former mafia subforum badass.

don't quote me.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #90088 on: March 26, 2015, 10:02:01 am »

Longinus was a ban-dodge account.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #90089 on: March 26, 2015, 10:06:02 am »

Huh. That's a lot of text that just disappeared.
Is this the legendary event known as nuking?
Also, if you don't mind me asking, who was ban-dodging?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 6004 6005 [6006] 6007 6008 ... 7884