Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5994 5995 [5996] 5997 5998 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8565025 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #89925 on: March 11, 2015, 03:16:49 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:28:57 pm by penguinofhonor »

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #89926 on: March 11, 2015, 03:30:21 pm »

... When's humanity's next software patch coming out? This one is buggy. Especially those whole logic and reasoning parts.
Well that's what you get for buying into early access.

We were promised a lot but then, while still in beta, the Developer silently called it version 1.0 in buggered off with our cash.

If we could only open source this project I'm sure someone could patch some things up...
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #89927 on: March 11, 2015, 03:31:25 pm »

In what I hope shall remain forever unrelated news, I really am baffled by Scalia's Supreme Court opinions. The man will put down an eloquent, well-reasoned chain of argument and then apropos of nothing, out of fucking nowhere, suddenly it's the Republican party line, no matter how drastically opposed that happens to be to what he just said. It's as though somebody appointed Stephen Colbert to the Court, and he stayed in character the whole time! Just reading Casey v Planned Parenthood, I'm all "Hell yeah, the Court is abusing stare decisis to come to a half-assed conclusion", "You're totally right that this 'undue burden' standard is nonsensical and protects nobody", and then "Wait, so you'd overturn Roe v Wade? What!? You useless sack of verbiage! That's not the proper conclusion of your arguments at all!"

If we ever have the misfortune of hearing him opine on these transphobic laws, he'd no doubt reason that trans people have experienced a long history of discrimination and abuse, and therefore the only way forward is to employ armed guards to ensure they're using the restrooms of their biological sex, so that they will come to be seen as people like any others.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #89928 on: March 11, 2015, 04:43:28 pm »

No. Just... No.
 :'(
Hoping it doesn't even fall remotely close to getting passed.
D:

That makes absolutely no sense, and it seems like something students would take advantage of heavily.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #89929 on: March 11, 2015, 05:33:48 pm »

No. Just... No.
 :'(
Hoping it doesn't even fall remotely close to getting passed.
Well this sounds like a stupid law. Assuming this is directed at trans individuals who haven't undergone surgery, there's only so much "mental anguish" a trans can inflict on a cis. Like, a trans female who identifies as a male going to a mens' restroom doesn't exactly have the plumbing to use a urinal. Or at least properly use a urinal. So she'd probably use a stall. So there's no mental anguish at all. If a trans male who identifies as female uses the female restroom, literally the only option in the restroom is to use a stall. Again, no mental anguish. I mean, if the problem is indeed trans people "flashing" cis people by inadvertently using the wrong restroom with the wrong plumbing, the only least embarassing option in either case is using a stall, so no flashing, no chance of "mental anguish".

Doesn't make logical sense. Unless the goal is to discriminate for no reason.

Unfortunately, because this is Texas, one of the hardcore republican conservative "red" states in the US except for the liberal capital city, I wouldn't be surprised if this passed. A "red" state is bound to have a majority of politicians being republican, and if the bill was suggested by the republican party, republicans will probably support it out of party loyalty if no other reason.

I apologize on behalf of my state's silly politicians.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #89930 on: March 11, 2015, 05:40:03 pm »

You know, when I see 'mental anguish' being inflicted on cis people by trans folks, I imagine the cis person seeing the trans person and going mad from the revelation like a really ill-advised Lovecraft story.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #89931 on: March 11, 2015, 11:19:20 pm »

I removed a fight on this topic and handed out a rather stern warning.  I'd appreciate it if all further posts in this thread involved more sadness and fewer insults.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #89932 on: March 11, 2015, 11:26:20 pm »

I'm sad because I need to finish a paper before tomorrow. It's actually going rather well, but I keep getting hung up on the smallest things, which results in huge delays before I get writing again.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89933 on: March 11, 2015, 11:27:17 pm »

Oh hey, I have a couple thousand words to do in the next 2 hours too!
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89934 on: March 11, 2015, 11:29:57 pm »

We should throw a massive paper due in the next 48 hours party.

* Glowcat takes procrastination to a new level
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89935 on: March 11, 2015, 11:30:48 pm »

I have an assignment to hand in by Friday and I barely started it.

\(^o^)/

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89936 on: March 11, 2015, 11:31:11 pm »

I thought I had one due on friday too, turns out it's due Tuesday!

which is good because i'm sick as dicks
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #89937 on: March 11, 2015, 11:32:35 pm »

I have a paper due tomorrow that I haven't started.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #89938 on: March 11, 2015, 11:35:15 pm »

I'm sad because... well, I'm more just exhausted from, but anyways, the weather is too dry. Way way way too dry. I'd appreciate some precipitation to moisten things up; rain or snow, anything. I can't consume enough fluids, my nose keeps bleeding, all my co-workers are complaining that their lips are bleeding and peeling (pheh, mine started that at the START of the season, and I finished that stage 2 months ago), it just makes the heat of the workplace all that much worse...

It's so tiring to work in that heat and dryness. Maintenance says there's "no more air" to add A/C to our little kiosk, and the humidifier at home malfunctioned because the air is too dry for it to work!

Bah. Alberta is supposed to have wildly varied weather; it's been dry icy and cold outside for months with absolutely no variance at all, and inside is way too hot, while still dry; drier, even.

So, I'm sad because Spring is supposed to be here but won't be for another 2 months, nothing is changing, and it's too dry. too dry. sooooooo dry. the faucet is my god this month, sorry xantalos.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89939 on: March 12, 2015, 12:08:39 am »

tick tock 1 hour to go all of 300 words written.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 5994 5995 [5996] 5997 5998 ... 8156