Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6037 6038 [6039] 6040 6041 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8573225 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90570 on: March 25, 2015, 04:13:36 pm »

Really, one of the worst things about that article is that the GIFs are so very low quality.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90571 on: March 25, 2015, 04:17:18 pm »

My daily sadness revolves around everyone hating on my avatar.
Too many gifs.

http://judiciary.house.gov/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=62B4FDF5-C8F8-4674-9C2B-08E9A0E7E908

This is what happens when they try to pander to young people. This isn't the first time they've done something like this, I recall a similar faceplant by the white house a few months ago, but it never gets less embarrassing.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90572 on: March 25, 2015, 04:20:44 pm »

Welp. I had hoped for a quick fix for my truck but I guess that's not happening. What I thought was the problem turned out to not be the problem. Or at least not the whole problem :/

Anyway things kinda suck at the moment.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #90573 on: March 25, 2015, 04:34:06 pm »

My daily sadness revolves around everyone hating on my avatar.
I like it! It's colorful, and I can further the 'blue elephants want to conquer humanity' thing.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90574 on: March 25, 2015, 04:41:42 pm »

Objective... what, actually, do you want? I mean, what observable actions could people take that would convince you that they care?

EDIT: Also, what's your standard for "caring"?
I dunno.... maybe consistency?

There used to be people who were nice to me and I end up growing really attached to them, and when they leave me or just aren't there when I need them the most I find it very hard to trust them afterwards.
Well, that's a difficult one. Consistency is one of those things in life that's really nice, but hard to attain, simply because their own lives follow such different trajectories that they're just incapable of being there at the particular time you need them. It's one of those annoying things where you might deserve something, but there's no commensurate obligation on any particular other person to provide it. This is one of the most convincing reasons I've heard for marrying somebody, honestly; rooting your lives together so tightly gives you both a lot of the context needed to be able to understand the day-to-day stresses the other is under, and manage both your expectations and ability to give accordingly.

But, I'm digressing - it really does suck that people aren't consistently there for you when you need them. And they're bein' mighty unfair if they're just ditching you because it's inconvenient or something, especially if you've been making the effort to be there for them and you've communicated that you expect some reciprocity on the matter. I've gotta say, though, a forum is an absolute shit format for that; there are people around here I care about as deeply as anybody, and I still don't respond to every post they make. You'd be better served with chat or something, since I know your meatspace situation is basically drowning in a sea of assholes. And not in the good way.

Sorry if I come off as condescending, here. Happiness is a matter of managing your expectations, but I find that it's more about examining how you define things and whittling down what you really want than it is about trying to convince yourself that what you have is really what you want. I mean, most of my happiest moments are when I'm furiously working toward something I don't, and often can't, have, for example.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #90575 on: March 25, 2015, 05:15:39 pm »

I wouldn't say I'm drowning in assholes. They're just insensitive. That's usually how boys function in meatspace.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #90576 on: March 25, 2015, 06:46:27 pm »

Well, my family can't even be bothered to take the knives I tried to commit suicide with out of my bathroom... But I got yelled at for having them. :-\
Also my (ex)girlfriend told me she "wouldn't blame me" if I committed suicide.

So eh, I guess no one in meatspace even cares about stopping me? And all I can say is "It was inevitable".
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:20:53 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #90577 on: March 25, 2015, 07:05:30 pm »

They do know about the attempt, right? Have you tried telling them you need some professional help?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #90578 on: March 25, 2015, 07:09:08 pm »

Well, technically, we exist in meatspace, and we care about you not killing yourself. Words on your screen are our best way of stopping you, short of traveling to you in meatspace.

As Caroline said, *hugs*

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90579 on: March 25, 2015, 07:11:00 pm »

Well, technically, we exist in meatspace, and we care about you not killing yourself. Words on your screen are our best way of stopping you, short of traveling to you in meatspace.

As Caroline said, *hugs*
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #90580 on: March 25, 2015, 07:20:35 pm »

They do know about the attempt, right?
Yes, they do...

My dad just tried to "pierce my ears" with the knife.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90581 on: March 25, 2015, 07:30:52 pm »

-
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:08:51 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90582 on: March 25, 2015, 07:39:09 pm »

They do know about the attempt, right?
Yes, they do...

My dad just tried to "pierce my ears" with the knife.

The fuck? O.o

I have no idea whether to take that literally as he tried to make ear piercings for you or that he attacked you........

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90583 on: March 25, 2015, 07:40:08 pm »

I thought it sounded like an attempt at a cover-up of the attempt to justify whatever to friends/family.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90584 on: March 25, 2015, 07:55:47 pm »

...what does Canada have in the way of child protective services?  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6037 6038 [6039] 6040 6041 ... 8156