Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6041 6042 [6043] 6044 6045 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8473867 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90630 on: March 26, 2015, 10:34:45 am »

There's nothing more manly than a little girl going into dangerous dungeons so she can loot them, make it out alive, and sell the swag for massive profit.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90631 on: March 26, 2015, 10:40:08 am »

Well that was weird... Anybody wanna tell me what happened there?

@Saint discussion: IIRC Tiru even studies theology, but yeah, elevating people to sainthood while still alive is not a good idea - even though I'd like to nitpick here and remind Vec that saints usually refused to be crucified the ordinary way, and most were killed by entirely different means. But I guess 'reducing the flame over which the saint is roasted' or something similar does not have the same ring to it...

@Stuebi: It's like that for me as well - it's a perfectly natural reaction, if a bit unusual.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90632 on: March 26, 2015, 10:50:49 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:07:50 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90633 on: March 26, 2015, 10:57:55 am »

If he's still around, I don't think St. Christopher would take kindly to being called the 'God of travelers' :P

(I guess you meant 'Patron', right?)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90634 on: March 26, 2015, 11:04:18 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:07:44 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90635 on: March 26, 2015, 11:10:47 am »

Might as well chalk it up to Pathos and move on.
ILY.

All these young kids idolizing grisha5. I respect the great old one.

-Bwargh-
I don't have a problem with it. Nobody came up with inferiority complexes when we suddenly registered Aqizzar as an impromptu member of nobility.
We literally called him the single eminent member of authority in the lower forums.

... that being said there was those people who complained whenever he changed his avatar or acted silly, I'll admit.
But for the most part, everyone found it funny, nobody minded. Nobody meant any harm when the St Tiruin thing came around, nobody is making grand expectations of her, or sweeping the other helpful and positive people on the forums under a rug, but I personally don't want Tiruin to die before announcing that her efforts on this board are appreciated.

Spoiler -Snop-
We who are emotionally unavailable salute you.

On that note... I'm sorry Objective. I knew he was a bad idea for the forums, and saying hurtful things just to cause a reaction, but at the same time I felt like I had to defend his right to say unpopular things... It was really cruel of me. (Yes, this IS gonna be deleted really quickly)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:17:29 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90636 on: March 26, 2015, 11:30:08 am »

@Stuebi: It's like that for me as well - it's a perfectly natural reaction, if a bit unusual.
Are you referring to the bit about a certain shopkeeper girl, or to the spoilered text? I have a definite opinion about the former ("Being ashamed of playing Recettear is not okay."), but the latter is a much more complex (and somewhat related) issue.   

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90637 on: March 26, 2015, 11:55:40 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:07:37 pm by Vector »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #90638 on: March 26, 2015, 12:13:18 pm »

Erm...
Well, I'd like to write a lenghty response to your post, Vector, not least of all because I think anything less would be a sign of disrespect, but I can't think of much to say.

First of all, allow me to say that I can certainly see where you're coming from. If Tiruins support worked for everyone, psychologists would have started using it on everyone and there would presumably be a lot less people with psychological problems.
Part of being a human is that we're all different, and that definitely applies to what does and doesn't help, be it medication or emotional support. So yes, I can see where you're coming from with this.
I suppose part of the reason I saintify Tiruin is that I haven't really interacted with the other neverending fountains of positivity and help that Bay12 has.
The only one I can think off the top of my head is Caroline...
I've barely talked Reverie, and I've only ever seen Pufferfish around.
And, well...
I honestly don't know how to respond to the truly emotional part, at least, regarding you being tortured. I haven't experienced anything like it, and saying something like 'hugs', especially from someone like me, seems to be, well, cheapening it.
So yeah.
tl;dr: I see where you're coming from, and agree with you on some points, and have no idea how to respond to others.
On a side note: I apologise if a lot of this comes across as me being stupid or not understanding your position. Still 14 here, so I have a lot to learn about life.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 12:21:26 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90639 on: March 26, 2015, 12:13:45 pm »

I knew that Longinus guy was sketchy. I was thinking he was either 12 years old or a complete idiot.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #90640 on: March 26, 2015, 12:22:35 pm »

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:38:57 pm by penguinofhonor »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90641 on: March 26, 2015, 12:25:04 pm »

I'm starting to think people who bring serious problems to this thread are helped far less often than they're made to feel shittier because their problems are ignored or responded to poorly. And they just tend not to post when the latter happens.
Probably.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #90642 on: March 26, 2015, 12:26:01 pm »

That seems like it might be true.
Honestly, I would respond, but I'm always so afraid that I'll just fuck up, and make the person mad, and make the problem worse, and, well...
I end up not posting, :(
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #90643 on: March 26, 2015, 12:31:58 pm »

That seems like it might be true.
Honestly, I would respond, but I'm always so afraid that I'll just fuck up, and make the person mad, and make the problem worse, and, well...
I end up not posting, :(
The same goes for me. And, even if I don't offend the person in question, I just give terrible advice in general.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90644 on: March 26, 2015, 12:38:20 pm »

I'm starting to think people who bring serious problems to this thread are helped far less often than they're made to feel shittier because their problems are ignored or responded to poorly. And they just tend not to post when the latter happens.
That's the problem with using this thread as your emotional wastebin. People aren't mandated to respond, and if they're unsure what to say - because "That sucks" sounds rather trite for a lot the things that get said - they simply won't say anything.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 6041 6042 [6043] 6044 6045 ... 8153