Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6044 6045 [6046] 6047 6048 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8569133 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90675 on: March 26, 2015, 04:03:27 pm »

I am sorry for coming off that way. Consider it a textual form of resting bitch face on my part.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #90676 on: March 26, 2015, 04:08:14 pm »

All this "Tiruin isn't permitted to act like a fallible person" thing is a bit silly, because Tiruin is fallible in a manner similar to me, and that is her lack of esteem in her creative works. Every time I see her crack a little bit everyone rush in to give her unhelpful input about how her art is awesome instead of actually offering anything constructive, so I would see why Tiruin doesn't mention that, ever, especially since she's not as punchable as me.
I've no idea when anyone said that--or when I believed it, honestly. Or if that even made me think that I'm not...well, that. xD
But I am very fallible, really. In ways, in ways.

And thanks for the art advice c:
But...why I don't post my stuffs are more on a deeper note than that. Which I'll post later if net allows.
With that said, that's also the reason why everyone likes Tiruin I think. She actually PM you and seem to care, and no offence but the other 'positive people' on Bay12 seem mildly annoyed of me, so I don't like them.
Oh pffy silly. People care about you--and the keyword is 'SEEMS', which doesn't match with the last 5 words here, unless you're acting like what seems, is what is. Seems usually tells of 'this is how I personally perceive it', subtly. Like...the use of 'said' in narrative. Subtle!

Edit: I didn't know who 'you; was. Nor do I think that...anyone here even meant anything exclusive towards anyone else--the wordings are more in error than the intent :o
Many people care. That's in tiny part on why there's lacking mass posting when the situation turns...deep. Care shows, because they are reluctant to make it worse but can really empathise. Or at least listen out, and respect the release/venting. :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 04:10:23 pm by Tiruin »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #90677 on: March 26, 2015, 05:11:55 pm »

Anyway, personal sad: compy is dead. Was able to back up a lot of things first, but lost a good 700 gigs of media, livestream recordings, software that's been involved in creative projects, reference books, and a lot of old projects.
Shit, that's nearly twice the size of my laptop's HDD!

This made me look through my hard drive to see if I might have anything you made saved there. I found the sprites you made for my characters for the Bay 12 Tomb of Horrors game, which made me think I should look for and save the other sprites you made for that game (since, although the image hosting is stable now, who knows how it might be in the future). So I gathered them all up from the update posts, and put them in this album.

I don't know if it was part of what was lost, and it can't be any significant chuck if it was, but I think it counts as a memory.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #90678 on: March 26, 2015, 08:22:35 pm »

Nobody I know seems to know how to play Apples to Apples correctly. When they don't have a card that fits an adjective right, they just throw out a mediocre one that's sorta relevant instead of going for something that's intentionally subversively funny. Additionally, everybody I have ever played it with refuses to use the rule where you're allowed to try convincing the judge that your card is best for some outrageous reason; instead, they just read the cards off and pick their favorite.

Dammit, guys, this isn't Cards Against Humanity. The cards aren't inherently funny. :(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90679 on: March 26, 2015, 09:08:08 pm »

Caroline, I promise, I have told you every time I think you've said something particularly stupid or embarrassing, and I will continue to do so.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90680 on: March 26, 2015, 09:14:17 pm »

Caroline, I promise, I have told you every time I think you've said something particularly stupid or embarrassing, and I will continue to do so.
As have I, so since I've never actually told you you've messed up, I guess you haven't messed up around me yet.

Additionally, everybody I have ever played it with refuses to use the rule where you're allowed to try convincing the judge that your card is best for some outrageous reason; instead, they just read the cards off and pick their favorite.
Because then you know whose cards are whose and that might influence your decision.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #90681 on: March 26, 2015, 09:16:26 pm »

From what I've heard, I'm known for telling people when they mess up, usually in a way that seems curt? So I guess you can feel safe with that knowledge.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90682 on: March 26, 2015, 09:19:13 pm »

As have I, so since I've never actually told you you've messed up, I guess you haven't messed up around me yet.
Yeah that's what I was getting at, too, in case that wasn't clear. It might not've been >___________>

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90683 on: March 26, 2015, 09:44:39 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:05:48 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #90684 on: March 26, 2015, 09:49:03 pm »

Vector used to tell me I was dumb, back when i was like 13 and she was naught but a college student

also wow I didn't even know there was all this drama

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #90685 on: March 26, 2015, 10:09:30 pm »

I don't remember Vector telling me anything.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90686 on: March 26, 2015, 11:06:23 pm »

I think she told me off for being rude once.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90687 on: March 26, 2015, 11:20:28 pm »

Reading a book on modeling narrow gauge railroads, where it talks about everything from 1 to Nn3, and theres no mention of Gn15. I mean, theres a whole chapter going on about how On30 is probably going to get a boost from retirement age people getting into model railroading, detailing how the idea of "large size trains, small size track" would be appealing, and not a word about Gn15? Thats just disappointing.

-edit-

It also almost completely ignores any railroad not in the US or Canada, mentioning only one welsh railroad, some European scales, and that Australia has a few narrow gauge lines. Thats also probably why it neglects 15inch lines, since most of them where in England...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:40:32 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90688 on: March 26, 2015, 11:51:53 pm »

Um. Words.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:54:47 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90689 on: March 27, 2015, 12:13:58 am »

Had a long hard day of procrastinating on studying for two imminent tests next week. I was supposed to be studying today.

Ah, the feelings of shame and guilt really help me sleep at night. Oh wait. No they don't. They do the opposite.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6044 6045 [6046] 6047 6048 ... 8156