Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6053 6054 [6055] 6056 6057 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474730 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90810 on: March 29, 2015, 11:30:59 pm »

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:42:57 pm by penguinofhonor »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90811 on: March 29, 2015, 11:33:31 pm »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90812 on: March 29, 2015, 11:50:12 pm »

As somebody who feels that digital technology (especially the Internet) is potentially the greatest force for good that has existed in the history of mankind, it's astounding how blind some people can be to its power. I literally learned (very basic) rocket science because I downloaded a videogame on a whim. The possibilities are literally endless. And there are still people who think that we're better off without it. To me, that idea is like the paradox that destroys a supercomputer in an old science fiction serial; it's a thought so utterly confounding that I can't tear myself away from it. And it makes me very sad.
Cavemen probably felt the same way about fire.
"It's new and different and scary and we're better off without it."
"But I cooked meat with it, it tastes great and there's no maggots in it and --"
"NEW AND SCARY."
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90813 on: March 29, 2015, 11:51:07 pm »

As somebody who feels that digital technology (especially the Internet) is potentially the greatest force for good that has existed in the history of mankind, it's astounding how blind some people can be to its power. I literally learned (very basic) rocket science because I downloaded a videogame on a whim. The possibilities are literally endless. And there are still people who think that we're better off without it. To me, that idea is like the paradox that destroys a supercomputer in an old science fiction serial; it's a thought so utterly confounding that I can't tear myself away from it. And it makes me very sad.
"But I cooked meat with it, it tastes great and there's no maggots in it and --"
"NEW AND SCARY."
ME AM PLAY GOD!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #90814 on: March 29, 2015, 11:52:46 pm »

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90815 on: March 29, 2015, 11:56:37 pm »

First time that quoting a webcomic ever done that for me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90816 on: March 30, 2015, 01:58:18 am »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:01:42 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90817 on: March 30, 2015, 02:30:56 am »

I so love my insomnia problems.  Three in the morning and, despite being tired, I'm wide awake.  Because I do not trust future me when future me is heavily sleep deprived, and I'm past the point where I will be heavily sleep deprived tomorrow, I am doing the semi responsible thing and I am giving up on sleeping in order to finish my take home test for AP Chemistry due tomorrow.  But because I am doing that, I will only be able to get one or two hours of sleep tonight.  And because my decision making skills are even WORSE after only getting one or two hours of sleep versus merely being sleep deprived, I am avoiding going to sleep altogether to ensure I don't fuck up anything in the morning.  Literal today/metaphorical tomorrow is going to be fun.  Future me already hates past me with a burning passion. 
Oh, and since I am having major internet problems I can't even enjoy the benefits I would normally get from being awake from the time of 12am to 5 am, since the internet is too slow to take advantage of the unlimited internet offered at that time.  So I can't even make the best of a bad situation. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #90818 on: March 30, 2015, 02:31:33 am »

FOr the last four days it's been sunny and somewhat windy, perfect weather to have your laundry dry within hours. Today, when I finally have a chance to wash said laundry it's cloudy and cold, and I really need some clean towels and sheets :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #90819 on: March 30, 2015, 05:38:16 am »

Found out about the most awesome glitch ever from TVtropes and go to try it and it has been patched, probably for quite awhile (since the game in question is New Vegas)

Apparently there was a time you could assign ammo types to a hotkey and use them in guns that don't fire that ammo type. With one example being the Laser Detonator RAPID FIRING LIMITLESS MININUKES.

I MISSED THE BEST THING EVER AND AM SAD
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #90820 on: March 30, 2015, 07:12:57 am »

"NEW AND SCARY."
Maybe electricity is a better analogue :V
"Back in my day, we didn't have light whenever we wanted!"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90821 on: March 30, 2015, 07:25:28 am »

"NEW AND SCARY."

I think a better analogue is "These machines, one step at a time, are stealing the life and purpose from humanity. It is only a matter of time before those things we consider unique and sacrosanct inside the heart of humans are rendered obsolete by the immutable march of progress."

:(

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90822 on: March 30, 2015, 07:28:53 am »

"NEW AND SCARY."

This PoV has existed forever. Back in the industrial revolution, they were called Luddites. Often their concerns were that automation would do people out of jobs, but at times there was blatant fearmongering - for example, that steam trains would start rampant countrywide fires from all their heat, smoke and sparks. People often do not understand things that are "new". People fear what they do not understand. Themath from there is simple. As Douglas Adams said:

“I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.”
This is a blank sig.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #90823 on: March 30, 2015, 07:33:39 am »

Ugh, last night i found myself thinking of my future again, and how bleak it looks to me. So far, there doesn't seem to be anything that i'd be able to do for 8 hours a day 5 days a week, barring a few video games that are interesting enough (which probably isn't going to make me a living or any kind of money whatsoever). I just seem to quickly get bored of almost everything i've tried so far (which, admittedly, isn't all that much). :/
It also really doesn't help that i'm not the hard working type, which seems to be a hugely advantageous trait in this world. My interests seem to flutter around like a confused butterfly, and rarely does it ever land on something that would actually help me in the long run. I mean, drawing and programming are nice hobbies so far, but programming doesn't seem like something i could do for 8 hours every day, and drawing requires a shit ton of time and effort in order to be money-tier, and i'm generally not patient enough for that. It's starting to feel like the Great Stat Roll(tm) has landed all my points in what would otherwise be dump stats. >.>
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #90824 on: March 30, 2015, 07:54:24 am »

Do a webcomic.

Facenomicon needs love.
Pages: 1 ... 6053 6054 [6055] 6056 6057 ... 8153