Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6130 6131 [6132] 6133 6134 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470227 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #91965 on: April 16, 2015, 04:54:45 pm »

I don't understand people who complain about being lonely and then push me off when I try to be friend with them.

Like, dude, have you ever considered that might be the reason why you're lonely?!?
I know people like that.  It's tragic but yeah, what can you do?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91966 on: April 16, 2015, 04:59:02 pm »

And NZ is slightly worse than the US. Though that might be reporting again.

The big steps do seem very out of place. You'd imagine a more gradual change. Except for Sweden-tier shithole, of course.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91967 on: April 16, 2015, 04:59:25 pm »

I don't understand people who complain about being lonely and then push me off when I try to be friend with them.

Like, dude, have you ever considered that might be the reason why you're lonely?!?

Maybe they're extremely shy
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91968 on: April 16, 2015, 05:10:17 pm »

I know people like that.  It's tragic but yeah, what can you do?

"I'm lonely, and have no friends."
"That sucks, why don't you try making friends?"
"Ok, will you be my friend?"
"Hell no, I have a life."

I can't think of a social situation in which this does not apply. Particularly schools and the Internet.

*Pats Cinder from a long distance away*

But seriously, I'm open to talk if ever you feel like it. That goes for anyone, really.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #91969 on: April 16, 2015, 05:17:14 pm »

And NZ is slightly worse than the US. Though that might be reporting again.

The big steps do seem very out of place. You'd imagine a more gradual change. Except for Sweden-tier shithole, of course.
The wikipedia page that contains that particular UN graph notes that there is a lot of skew in that due to the way that different countries report different things as "rape". In some countries you get basically anything goes in terms of what is defined as "rape", where in other countries (like our somalia level ones) you don't get many actual reported cases because a much, much higher percentage go unreported. Having skimmed over the page, I'd probably recommend not attempting to use that to compare across country boundaries, but rather only use it for comparison against other data points from within the country itself.

Edit Note: This doesn't mean that the data is wrong, it just means that you shouldn't be comparing across legal/cultural boundaries due to too many outside effects that influence the data changing when you cross those boundaries.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 05:22:45 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #91970 on: April 16, 2015, 05:29:42 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:21:08 am by penguinofhonor »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91971 on: April 16, 2015, 05:48:57 pm »

That's what happens when you take "fridge-freezer" too literally.

The wikipedia page that contains that particular UN graph notes that there is a lot of skew in that due to the way that different countries report different things as "rape". In some countries you get basically anything goes in terms of what is defined as "rape", where in other countries (like our somalia level ones) you don't get many actual reported cases because a much, much higher percentage go unreported. Having skimmed over the page, I'd probably recommend not attempting to use that to compare across country boundaries, but rather only use it for comparison against other data points from within the country itself.
Yeah, that clears it up. Thanks.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #91972 on: April 16, 2015, 05:49:56 pm »

Our fridge was too warm, so one of my roommates turned it down as cold as it goes instead of a little bit. Now my salsa is frozen.
I know your pain. May it swiftly thaw.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #91973 on: April 16, 2015, 07:10:30 pm »

...Do I do that? I don't think I do that. I hope I don't do that. aaaaaaa im socially awkward it's not my fault aaaaa
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #91974 on: April 16, 2015, 07:16:04 pm »

...Do I do that? I don't think I do that. I hope I don't do that. aaaaaaa im socially awkward it's not my fault aaaaa
Wanna be my friend?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #91975 on: April 16, 2015, 07:25:05 pm »

Wanna be my friend?
*pushes away*
So as I was saying, I totally don't push people away when they offer to be friends, right guys?  :P

...that was a joke.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91976 on: April 16, 2015, 07:33:33 pm »

Arg, just gave myself the deepest papercut I've ever had.  Its a bleeder.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #91977 on: April 16, 2015, 07:59:18 pm »

Arg, just gave myself the deepest papercut I've ever had.  Its a bleeder.

Kind of reminds me of the time my finger got infected and it had to be cut open and squeezed. Good times, gooood times.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91978 on: April 16, 2015, 08:07:07 pm »

Why are there so many scabs on me?  :c

I don't even know how I got this one on my stomach.

Anyway, I'm reading this comic about furries attending middleschool (and graduating to highschool further in) and my favorite ship, oh, no... It's awful. Mike and Lucy were supposed to be together, darn it!
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #91979 on: April 16, 2015, 10:33:06 pm »

Why are there so many scabs on me?  :c

I don't even know how I got this one on my stomach.

Anyway, I'm reading this comic about furries attending middleschool (and graduating to highschool further in) and my favorite ship, oh, no... It's awful. Mike and Lucy were supposed to be together, darn it!
*pokes head up*
Bittersweet Candy Bowl?

If so...Damn, I really need to catch up on that.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 6130 6131 [6132] 6133 6134 ... 8153