Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6132 6133 [6134] 6135 6136 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472168 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #91995 on: April 17, 2015, 10:58:26 am »

Stupid alcohol tolerance, making good times more expensive.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91996 on: April 17, 2015, 11:08:28 am »

Bluh, I hear that.  That's like half the reason I'm cutting back again, because I'm frustrated at it not doing much anymore.  Fortunately I don't seem to get withdrawal effects.  Except for a moderate amount of self-loathing and overthinking, but I think that's just my base state.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #91997 on: April 17, 2015, 11:15:25 am »

hahaha, all you poor sods not living in the south, who needs alcohol tolerance when you have moonshine and fireball whiskey

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #91998 on: April 17, 2015, 11:37:34 am »

Alcohol makes any drink worse in my book. The only use I would have for moonshine down south is killing all the fucking mosquitoes.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91999 on: April 17, 2015, 11:38:39 am »

I live in the south, half a mile from an ABC store :P
But I'm not so much a fan of liquor ever since I started bothering to cook.  Back then my taste buds were basically comatose, possibly from all the cheap rum.  I tried it again recently and couldn't stand the taste, and I don't feel like buying expensive liquor.  (Not the burn, that part is fun, but the weird lasting sourness that gives me a headache.  Quality liquor doesn't have that).

I did try some Yellowtail wine again though, and that went really well.  Tasted great (cab-sav), no hangover, and I'm pretty sure it's a cheaper soporific than the cases of lite beer.  Just gotta watch the calories, is all.  And I know it *can* cause a hangover, from experience, I just have to moderate it right.  Better yet, I should just get a boca-box so I don't feel compelled to finish the bottle.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92000 on: April 17, 2015, 11:50:07 am »

I love booze, helps with my social anxiety.   :D  Probably drink a little too much though. 

I can't drink red wines though, I think I'm allergic to something in it.  I get a massive headache after just a few sips. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92001 on: April 17, 2015, 11:53:33 am »

Honestly, it just really pisses me off. I don't have anybody to talk to about my problems. So what the fuck am I supposed to do if at the one place where I can talk about them I'm just ignored?

Make a topic in Life Advice. I've never seen a thread there go without replies for too long, and they're guaranteed to be about you.
This right here. This is less a "I desperately need to talk about something" thread and more of a "get it off of your chest" thread. Yes, we do often address posted problems with advice, but this is not the "I need advice about my particular problem right now" area, that's over in the Life Advice board (which is why it is titled "Life advice". In addition if a problem is particularly difficult we might not have very good advice to give you instantly, which can cause the topic to drift.
venting generally requires the feeling that somebody is actually listening, at least for me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #92002 on: April 17, 2015, 12:00:18 pm »

I feel like we're drifting apart lately. I'm not sure if it's because of something I've done, or failed to do or something she thinks is wrong but we've been talking less and less. I know she's busy and has other problems to deal with but I'm not really asking for much, five minutes, some words exchanged, anything really.

Doesn't help that she pissed me off yesterday, I decided to sleep on it and maybe calm down but it didn't help, so I told her that what she did wasn't really nice, she completely ignored it. As in, her response was a random video link, and after that nothing.

I'm trying, I knew it wouldn't be easy with her, but holy hell it feels like I'm the only one who actually gives half a shit about this working out. And it's really really hard to keep cheerful and warm when you're the only one trying to.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #92003 on: April 17, 2015, 12:02:56 pm »

It actually amuses me because when I go back to the doc and they start bombarding me with questions so that they can fit me into their little 'depression' or 'bipolar' box, I can be like 'Look, I'm not depressed. I know heaps of depressed people and the stuff they're going through is WAY worse than mine'.

The only time I ever seriously contemplated suicide was when I was way too young to understand it.
From there, it became a 'Well if I'm going to die and leave the crapsack world, first I should kill everyone who's making it crapsack for me'.
Now it's more like 'Off myself? Seriously - and miss out on Being There when 3D printing takes off?'
Depression (I almost wrote "Derpression" there) doesn't necessarily mean you're suicidal. And you can still be depressed even if people have it worse than you, because depression has to do with your emotions, not logic.

I'm not saying your doctor isn't possibly a quack or something, but you should understand depression a bit better before you can say, "Oh, no, that's definitely not me."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92004 on: April 17, 2015, 12:04:10 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:02:21 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #92005 on: April 17, 2015, 12:51:05 pm »

I love booze, helps with my social anxiety.   :D  Probably drink a little too much though. 

I can't drink red wines though, I think I'm allergic to something in it.  I get a massive headache after just a few sips.
That's not strictly allergy - red wine causes a spike in serotonin, which may be a good or bad thing. For the latter, it's used as a signal to constrict veins -> headache, and it doesn't help that red wine specifically is more chemically complex due to tannins and whatnots.

I'd predict you'd have the same reaction to other serotonin-raising foods, to what I can only say: D:
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92006 on: April 17, 2015, 01:06:16 pm »

That's not strictly allergy - red wine causes a spike in serotonin, which may be a good or bad thing. For the latter, it's used as a signal to constrict veins -> headache, and it doesn't help that red wine specifically is more chemically complex due to tannins and whatnots.

I'd predict you'd have the same reaction to other serotonin-raising foods, to what I can only say: D:

Interesting.  I can't think of anything I eat that gives me a headache, but maybe!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #92007 on: April 17, 2015, 01:20:50 pm »

My aunt has cancer, getting tests this week to see how bad.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92008 on: April 17, 2015, 04:39:11 pm »

I feel like we're drifting apart lately. I'm not sure if it's because of something I've done, or failed to do or something she thinks is wrong but we've been talking less and less. I know she's busy and has other problems to deal with but I'm not really asking for much, five minutes, some words exchanged, anything really.

Doesn't help that she pissed me off yesterday, I decided to sleep on it and maybe calm down but it didn't help, so I told her that what she did wasn't really nice, she completely ignored it. As in, her response was a random video link, and after that nothing.

I'm trying, I knew it wouldn't be easy with her, but holy hell it feels like I'm the only one who actually gives half a shit about this working out. And it's really really hard to keep cheerful and warm when you're the only one trying to.
That sucks, man. Why can't you talk to her face-to-face though?

(And what was that vieo link?)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #92009 on: April 17, 2015, 05:48:42 pm »

She lives in a nearby town which is a somewhat long bus ride away, so we only see each other when she comes to classes or something since I hate having to force her to go trough four hours of travel to see me.

And the video was of some impressive throne room scene made in 3d, again, completely unrelated to anything 'this is cool check it out' type of thing.

She responded in the end, after like, five hours, said she'd been working and didn't notice the messages. Tho I honestly don't know if I want to trust her anymore since I kept seeing her online every several minutes trought the day, and it wouldn't be the first time she's lied about something :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 6132 6133 [6134] 6135 6136 ... 8153