Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6181 6182 [6183] 6184 6185 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8576863 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92730 on: May 04, 2015, 02:51:07 am »

Arguing with your significant other really sucks.  I can't tell if I'm in the right or not, if I'm blowing it out of proportion or not.  And the person I would normally talk my problems through with is, well, her.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #92731 on: May 04, 2015, 02:59:16 am »

Stress + Depression = :( Tiruin = Productivity ↓ = Probable recursive effect (∞?) ± Current conscious thought.

∴ Hugs ∵ Balance to altered state of consciousness.

._.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92732 on: May 04, 2015, 03:52:18 am »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:51:19 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92733 on: May 04, 2015, 04:05:54 am »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:51:52 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #92734 on: May 04, 2015, 09:52:40 am »

Try using hot water.

Apply soap as necessary.
Love, scriver~

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #92735 on: May 04, 2015, 11:12:31 am »

A few nights ago, I dreamt about my brother stabbing me repeatedly while laughing his usual idiotic laugh.

The night after that, I dreamt about being electrocuted to death for reasons that I cannot remember.

Last night, I had a dream that my father had a heart attack and died in front of me while we were working in the garage.

This is getting fucking ridiculous. Every dream I've had recently is completely terrifying in some way or another. I should not have to dread going to sleep because I'm scared that some disturbing shit will await me when I finally do manage to actually fall asleep.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #92736 on: May 04, 2015, 01:51:09 pm »

Strangely enough getting a full amount of sleep and trying to go to bed early enough that you are able to wake up gradually instead of quickly is probably the easiest cure for that, since it will greatly cut down on your ability to remember your dreams.

Barring that you could always take the "clear your mind before you fall asleep" strategy. I once had a month-long string of horrible nightmares every single night where I ended up taking that approach. It took me basically the whole month to finally get the idea down to the point of being able to reliably do it automatically before I went to sleep (which matches with the idea that clearing your mind like that is a very difficult thing to do) but afterwards I didn't remember a single one of my dreams upon waking for almost an entire year. Fear is a strong motivator, regardless of other drawbacks.

I also messed around with lucid dreaming as a cure for a little while, but I never was really able to get past the point where I'd change something and my mind would turn around to change it in some other way to "rerail" the dream (usually in a bad way). Apparently that is a fairly common thing in the early stages of teaching yourself to lucid dream, but I didn't keep at it long enough to ever get past that stage.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #92737 on: May 04, 2015, 02:38:31 pm »

I'm pretty unflappable, and there are really few things that get me stressed, so most of my nightmares either involve waking up past when i'm supposed to or car accidents, which really are the only two things that stress me out and scare me, respectively.

Oh, my brain certainly tries to vary up the stress dreams, but there are only so many times that I can accept being naked in public before my brain starts to scare itself.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92738 on: May 04, 2015, 03:09:19 pm »

Update on my laptop situation: Hard Drive is dead. That's over 500 gigs gone in a flash. Unknown time until I get it back.

Sod.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92739 on: May 04, 2015, 04:08:42 pm »

Annoying little punk in my Boy Scout Troop decided it would be fun to spam my flip-phone into oblivion. Took it out of my pocket and set it on the table (near the edge, I am smart) as we worked on our projects. The non-stop vibrations pushed it off the table, essentially breaking its spine.

It fought the good fight and I am proud of it for coming so far with me. Thank you, flip-phone. RIP, 2008-2015.

Also my right bike pedal (plastic) has broken and the repair shop I asked estimated around $25 for a quality metal replacement. Also that rear brake is starting to get stuck again. Joy. If I don't get shipped off to the army in the few years, I'll crash into the side of a building because my brakes failed.

Myeeeh. At least I got the classwork done.

Thanks for reading about my BS!
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92740 on: May 04, 2015, 05:26:40 pm »

Could have turned off your phone.

Or called him. And called him. And called him. Repeatedly.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #92741 on: May 04, 2015, 05:41:39 pm »

Could have turned off your phone.

Or called him. And called him. And called him. Repeatedly.

And the next day
And the next day
And the next day
And the next day

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #92742 on: May 04, 2015, 09:17:36 pm »

Blargh, it's past 4am and i have to go do project work at 8:15am. My bowels are preventing me from going to sleep, and i am once more reminded of exactly why i hate my bowels as much as i do. One little slip in my train of thoughts right now, and i'll be sent hurtling into a feedback loop that would culminate in me vomiting out of sheer stress/anxiety if i don't manage to recover in time. The worst part is that it's 90% mental, and despite my awareness of that, it keeps on going. And to make matters even worse, i'd probably not feel better if i did vomit, since that's a huge stress on my psyche as well. Hooray for anxiety and IBS. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #92743 on: May 04, 2015, 09:31:17 pm »

I cannot help myself but think negatively all the time anymore. No matter what I'm doing, even if I'm just sitting around, my first thought is always "God I don't want to be doing this anymore." I have no drive or motivation to do anything but eat, mindlessly browse the same 3-4 webpages, then sleep so I can do it all again the next day. Whenever I talk to anybody, it feels like all I have to talk about is complaints in my personal life. I don't even feel like knitting anymore, and that's the most low-effort activity that I partake in. :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #92744 on: May 04, 2015, 09:37:48 pm »

I cannot help myself but think negatively all the time anymore. No matter what I'm doing, even if I'm just sitting around, my first thought is always "God I don't want to be doing this anymore." I have no drive or motivation to do anything but eat, mindlessly browse the same 3-4 webpages, then sleep so I can do it all again the next day.
You have described me. Are you sure you're not me?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6181 6182 [6183] 6184 6185 ... 8156