Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6229 6230 [6231] 6232 6233 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8558551 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93450 on: May 24, 2015, 11:48:48 pm »

God I hate being single.
Why?

This is a common complaint I hear. I don't get what the problem is.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #93451 on: May 24, 2015, 11:53:49 pm »

I tried probably more than 100 variations of my password to no avail
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93452 on: May 24, 2015, 11:54:41 pm »

I'm guessing (from a physiological point of view) it's because I just got cut off of a major social point and dopamine source. I miss kissing her every morning. Or just talking to her since she stopped talking to me.

I found a quote on imgur that summed it up (not from an I thrown just in a quote compilation)

"It's not the breakup that hurts the most. It's the post trauma that follows it. It is waking up and checking your phone for the message that isn't there. It's like starting your life over again and you have no idea where to begin."

I've started talking to my other friends more in the past couple days and make plans to do more with my life than text one person 24/7 so maybe this breakup is good for me. I don't know.
It just sucks...
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93453 on: May 25, 2015, 01:50:20 am »

I think my computer is sick.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #93454 on: May 25, 2015, 02:56:10 am »

Whatever this sickness is, it's screwing me over badly. Everything tastes bitter (and only bitter. All other taste is lost), I'm too nauseous to eat more than a few spoons of breakfast, and my eyes hurt like the blazes. Also, I was cold last night, despite the temperature being ~12*C and being under five layers of blanketing.

I have an assignment due, but it took me a few minutes to remember how to spell nauseous and that doesn't bode well.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93455 on: May 25, 2015, 08:33:59 am »

Racoon fell and broke its leg outside my apartment.  It was glopping around and biting anything it could, so much so that originally I got a shovel to kill it before I realized it fell from the roof.  So I shoveled it aside last night.  This morning its still alive and seems nonresponsive.  Large bloatflys keep flying to one of its legs, which makes mee want to call animal control.

Ipoor thing spent the night intermitently whining
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93456 on: May 25, 2015, 08:44:01 am »

Whatever this sickness is, it's screwing me over badly. Everything tastes bitter (and only bitter. All other taste is lost), I'm too nauseous to eat more than a few spoons of breakfast, and my eyes hurt like the blazes. Also, I was cold last night, despite the temperature being ~12*C and being under five layers of blanketing.

I have an assignment due, but it took me a few minutes to remember how to spell nauseous and that doesn't bode well.

Constant bitter or metallic taste in your mouth can be an indication of liver problems, usualy this means toxins are building up in your liver, which can also cause headaches, fevers, constantly feeling cold, etc. There is medication for it in pretty much any pharmacy that you can take without having to worry about side effects, so you might want to give it a try. If it doesnt do anything, try seeing a doctor as soon as you can.

Have you been nauseous as well?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #93457 on: May 25, 2015, 08:50:20 am »

I also have a cough and mild nasal congestion though. That's almost certainly the cause of the bitter taste.

It'd be nice if I could identify this as some disease that I could just take a pill for, but it's almost certainly some unusually bad variant of the common cold or possibly flu.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93458 on: May 25, 2015, 08:54:54 am »

@Arx- I'm no medical professional so I don't know what might be ailing you but I might suggest drinking hot tea with honey (no granulated sugar that won't help the situation at all). I've found hot tea to help clear some gunk in my sinuses and throat and help keep me warm if I feel like I'm freezing to death. Definitly helps more than a million blankets since it's adding heat and not trapping heat that you're not making.
Not sure if this is any help.
Hope you get better soon Arx
*hugs
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93459 on: May 25, 2015, 08:55:27 am »

Could just be that your body's immune system is being very shitty lately and it may be just a flu that got too much leeway into your body. Could be some type of virosis, as well. Try taking some vitamin C, drinking lots of water and a spoonfull of honey every morning. It should gradualy beef up your immune system. It wont treat the current symptoms, though.
Maybe dayquil/nyquil will help, altough it'll make you sleepy, which isn't good for someone who's got an assignment to do :v

Try to stay away from antibiotics before you actualy know what you have.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:59:32 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #93460 on: May 25, 2015, 09:45:44 am »

I managed to stress myself the hell out yesterday night, and am still suffering reverberations.

I was at a family graduation party, where the other goers including family just could not shut up at 2 in the morning. They continued carrying on and essentially screaming until I just couldn't take it. I prepared to end up sleeping in my car just to get the hell away from them, but my uncle and aunts convinced me otherwise. This was already on top of plans of seeing a really good friend of mine shatter to hell, and I honestly can't tell if I was just stiffed or if I am just a paranoid mess of a man.

In other words, I feel like shit and vaguely neurotic. The only thing stopping me from just leaving is the possibility of still seeing said friend, but I haven't received a word since she told me her phone died last night. Even so, it wouldn't outright explain why I haven't gotten a response by now, since it is morning.

...I am just all kinds of messed up and I cannot wait to get on the road regardless.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #93461 on: May 25, 2015, 11:07:49 am »

So, my university Psych people are looking for people to fill out some Psych surveys for them, and since they offer minor rewards and some credit every now and then and I tend to enjoy doing those, I decided to sign up for this.

All fine and dandy until it required me to think of ways I have hurt/treated unjustly or have been or have known someone to have done so to someone. Shit got dark, fast.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93462 on: May 25, 2015, 02:16:22 pm »

So, my university Psych people are looking for people to fill out some Psych surveys for them, and since they offer minor rewards and some credit every now and then and I tend to enjoy doing those, I decided to sign up for this.

All fine and dandy until it required me to think of ways I have hurt/treated unjustly or have been or have known someone to have done so to someone. Shit got dark, fast.
They're onto you. You must hide the bodies. Hide them in your stomach.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #93463 on: May 25, 2015, 02:17:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93464 on: May 25, 2015, 02:38:27 pm »

God I hate being single.
Why?

This is a common complaint I hear. I don't get what the problem is.
I've found the problems it causes are due to emotions being 'You're lonely! FEEL MISERABLE!'

Being emotions, it's hard to logic them away, because emotions are illogical.
Yeah, this. It pisses me off to no end when people tell me there's nothing wrong with being alone. I mean, there's nothing wrong with getting pumice rubbed on you all day either but it gets unbearable.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 6229 6230 [6231] 6232 6233 ... 8155