Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6231 6232 [6233] 6234 6235 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470601 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93480 on: May 26, 2015, 04:24:00 am »

Edit: apparently this is sad enough for my phone to want to post about it too. Welp.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:29:55 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93481 on: May 26, 2015, 04:29:53 am »

John Nash.
Mathematician.
Source behind 'A beautiful mind'.

I profess my ignorance so other ignorant people don't need to google him.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93482 on: May 26, 2015, 05:51:53 am »

that feeling when you realize that an algorithm cannot both physically distinguish between the slightest changes in the input parameters and have stable output independent of input noise at the same time :-X
._.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93483 on: May 26, 2015, 09:22:53 am »

Racoon fell and broke its leg outside my apartment.  It was glopping around and biting anything it could, so much so that originally I got a shovel to kill it before I realized it fell from the roof.  So I shoveled it aside last night.  This morning its still alive and seems nonresponsive.  Large bloatflys keep flying to one of its legs, which makes mee want to call animal control.

Ipoor thing spent t
he night intermitently whining

It must have had brain injury or something.   It spent the night twitching and died while I slept.  It should be gone before I get back, however.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93484 on: May 26, 2015, 09:39:13 am »

my grandma and my uncle are TEH EVULZ 5EVER
Well, sounds like you've probably got some allies there then, should you ever need them.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #93485 on: May 26, 2015, 10:22:29 am »

Racoon fell and broke its leg outside my apartment.  It was glopping around and biting anything it could, so much so that originally I got a shovel to kill it before I realized it fell from the roof.  So I shoveled it aside last night.  This morning its still alive and seems nonresponsive.  Large bloatflys keep flying to one of its legs, which makes mee want to call animal control.

Ipoor thing spent t

It must have had brain injury or something.   It spent the night twitching and died while I slept.  It should be gone before I get back, however.

rip in peace you majestic bushy tailed bandit. ;^;7
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93486 on: May 26, 2015, 10:33:08 am »

Ennui strikes again.
No game or series holds me.
Only league and haiku
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #93487 on: May 26, 2015, 12:10:08 pm »

*sigh*
I have this weird obsession with the idea that the morning and waking up should be nice times of the day, not a time to worry about getting hit or shouted at.
They should be. I thought your folks were pushing too hard before, but that wakeup borders on something even worse. I'm sorry to hear :(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93488 on: May 26, 2015, 12:13:13 pm »

That's not bordering on anything. That's straight up abuse.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #93489 on: May 26, 2015, 12:22:21 pm »

That's not bordering on anything. That's straight up abuse.
Yeah. Not a lawyer (and from what Truean has said on the subject I'm thankful for that), and I'm only going off of my very limited knowledge of U.S. law, but I'm willing to bet that's illegal there as well.

Seriously. Is there any way you could get out of there at all? Based on them decrying your grandma and uncle, would they be any better? You might be able to look into them becoming your guardians instead.

Whatever you end up doing, I just hope you can get out of that situation. That's outright abuse, even if all the shit they've done prior to this somehow wouldn't be.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93490 on: May 26, 2015, 12:37:01 pm »

Maybe Caroline's Grandma and Uncle are 'Evil'.
Maybe they ALWAYS get up late for church and the dad is sick of it.

I mean, he sounds like someone who seems to really enjoy shouting, which isn't the greatest stress reliever but hey.

I like blind sympathy, hell even outrage is great. Go ahead.
But I am not so much a fan of people giving advice when they are seriously deprived on the context.
People's lives could get fucked up. I mean, specifically very impressionable people. But why take the risk?

Don't fuck up lives.
Keep your sympathy banal and unassuming.

I personally would take any excuse not to go running. I say it's boring, but when I really think about it I'm just lying to myself. I don't run because it's tiring and painful.
But mostly boring.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #93491 on: May 26, 2015, 12:42:40 pm »

Well, obviously I don't know enough to say for certain. It's just an idea she may or may not have already considered. I mean, that's definitely true, but her uncle or grandma could be a decent, supportive person who'd be willing to take her in. Caroline is intelligent, she's probably considered this if there isn't some factor that makes it impractical/impossible.But, maybe it never came to mind, and it would actually be perfectly viable. Unlikely, but worth mentioning nonetheless.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #93492 on: May 26, 2015, 12:46:33 pm »

This is the internet, home of cats and bad advice. A few pages before someone was telling someone else that his nauseous feeling was a sure sing of liver disease (?ก)  and that they ought to run to the pharmacy because "they have pills to fix that up" (?กกกก). I guess dude #2 got lucky he did not get told to do a handstand as well.
In general I'd take anything said here with a wagonload of salt, both from the ones complaining and from the ones giving advice.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93493 on: May 26, 2015, 12:48:09 pm »

So, my university Psych people are looking for people to fill out some Psych surveys for them, and since they offer minor rewards and some credit every now and then and I tend to enjoy doing those, I decided to sign up for this.

All fine and dandy until it required me to think of ways I have hurt/treated unjustly or have been or have known someone to have done so to someone. Shit got dark, fast.
Let's see... I brought a list...
*pulls out list*
*list unravels to the floor and across the room*

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93494 on: May 26, 2015, 12:53:27 pm »

Ipoor thing spent t

rip in peace you majestic bushy tailed bandit. ;^;7
I probably would have shoveled it into a box or something and fed it until it recovered. I know they're not exactly "pet" material, but I'm too nice for my own good. Poor raccoon :<
Pages: 1 ... 6231 6232 [6233] 6234 6235 ... 8153