Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6232 6233 [6234] 6235 6236 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8551710 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93495 on: May 26, 2015, 12:59:25 pm »

Yes, but by the sounds of it, that wouldn't have helped much.
Although I have difficulty sleeping whilst things are intermittently whimpering.
Soft of me, but hey.

All fine and dandy until it required me to think of ways I have hurt/treated unjustly or have been or have known someone to have done so to someone. Shit got dark, fast.

It may be a sign of some issue here that I genuinely believe that every bad thign which has ever happened to me has been brought upon myself.
I mean, some people have overreacted, or simply not liked me, but both of those can be attributed to my personality.
I have a dynamite personality.
That being, capped tubes in sealed boxes covered in warnings, and too much of it can bring down a mountain.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:01:10 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93496 on: May 26, 2015, 01:09:29 pm »

Had to return a computer across campus today, it was raining. Naturally, it cleared up the instant I got back. I like rain, so that was pleasant, but now I have to spend the next five hours sitting about in wet clothes. Glub glub.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #93497 on: May 26, 2015, 01:24:17 pm »

Aaaaand I just remembered that "Soulja Boy" was a thing again. Fuck. ITS LIKE BEING RICKROLLED BY MY OWN BRAIN
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #93498 on: May 26, 2015, 01:25:06 pm »

Aaaaand I just remembered that "Soulja Boy" was a thing again. Fuck. ITS LIKE BEING RICKROLLED BY MY OWN BRAIN
DAMMIT
Now it's stuck in my head!
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #93499 on: May 26, 2015, 01:27:28 pm »

On the verge of suing my whole department
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93500 on: May 26, 2015, 01:31:49 pm »

That's not bordering on anything. That's straight up abuse.
Yeah. Not a lawyer (and from what Truean has said on the subject I'm thankful for that), and I'm only going off of my very limited knowledge of U.S. law, but I'm willing to bet that's illegal there as well.

Seriously. Is there any way you could get out of there at all? Based on them decrying your grandma and uncle, would they be any better? You might be able to look into them becoming your guardians instead.

Whatever you end up doing, I just hope you can get out of that situation. That's outright abuse, even if all the shit they've done prior to this somehow wouldn't be.

Domestic violence, parental abuse, etc; are specific offenses in many western countries. Its not just about getting hit (as in, actualy physically assaulted by someone) either, it can also constitute psychological violence, as in being threatened, blackmailed, insulted, etc. Of course, this depends on where you live, and on the US, depends on which state/province you live in. Try doing some quick research on the criminal offenses listed in your country/province's legal codes, that kind of info is easy to look up, then consider telling another member of your family about it, one you trust, at least.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93501 on: May 26, 2015, 01:33:26 pm »

ITS LIKE BEING RICKROLLED BY MY OWN BRAIN
DAMMIT
Now it's stuck in my head!
Fuckfuck. Quick, here's the Bleach
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #93502 on: May 26, 2015, 01:39:12 pm »

Caroline lives in Honduras, the land of "it's not so much a law as a guideine, y'know?" and cops who run cartels. There's a reason she still lives with her parents.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93503 on: May 26, 2015, 02:10:00 pm »

Indeed, and honestly, at this point, saying "Well we don't know the ~!context!~" about Caroline's situation is... Kind of an extremely dick move.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #93504 on: May 26, 2015, 02:13:33 pm »

Got woken up by a slap and a pissed dad. Because I overslept thirteen minutes.
>:I

Quote from: Caroline
*sigh*
I have this weird obsession with the idea that the morning and waking up should be nice times of the day, not a time to worry about getting hit or shouted at.
It's not weird, that's what mornings are supposed to be. I hope you'll have consistently peaceful mornings in the near future.

Quote from: Caroline
Anyways, now on the car ride home my mom also told us about how my grandma and my uncle are TEH EVULZ 5EVER
...like, what kind of evil? Puppy-kicking evil or equal rights evil? Or did they just spout random nonsense in order to try and alienate them from you? There are differences in these kinds of evil.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #93505 on: May 26, 2015, 02:35:41 pm »

Ran into a disproportionate number of articles and stuff on the web today that reminded me about the existance of various bad and tragic things things happening in the world; things like holistic 'medicine', creationism, British internet censorship, Austrailian internet censorship, planned obsolescense, crippleware, and retardedly bad trends in technology design.

Plus, I've been surfing the web when I should have been focusing solely on my volunteer work at the museum. That makes me feel bad about myself.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93506 on: May 26, 2015, 03:09:30 pm »

Indeed, and honestly, at this point, saying "Well we don't know the ~!context!~" about Caroline's situation is... Kind of an extremely dick move.

Good thing I'm famous for them. I'd hate to have my expression of thought hampered by public decency.[/facetious]

I did accidentally bury the message a little under all the satire and snark though.
So let me elucidate.
If I'd have jumped on here as a wonderful young fourteen year-old and said "my dad hit me because I wasn't holding a post straight", and people went "Sue Sue Run Away!"
I might've done it. It would've been a terrible idea.
The post in mind was one we were concreting into place. I had screwed up a two-hour piece of work, irreversibly.
I would say that's worth a couple of whaps to the legs with a switch.

Again, maybe my values system is completely sideways.
I believe violence sometimes is the basis for a legitimate punishment system, especially at an age when certain other methods of reprimand just won't sink in.

I'm just saying there's a good way and a bad way.
Giving blind advice isn't probably one of the good ones.

This being said Caroline has probably posted a lot more things earlier which I've missed, so sorry for turning you into an ill-fitting strawman.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:16:50 pm by Tack »

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93507 on: May 26, 2015, 03:18:29 pm »

Ran into a disproportionate number of articles and stuff on the web today that reminded me about the existance of various bad and tragic things things happening in the world; things like holistic 'medicine', creationism, British internet censorship, Austrailian internet censorship, planned obsolescense, crippleware, and retardedly bad trends in technology design.

Plus, I've been surfing the web when I should have been focusing solely on my volunteer work at the museum. That makes me feel bad about myself.
Feel good about yourself for worrying about all the idiots and stupid in the world?
Just by being aware of the things you listed and thinking they are a problem is a good thing, and you should feel good about it.
And museums are boring anyway...

I'm just saying there's a good way and a bad way.
And from what I remember reading from C's parents they would make text book example of that "bad way".
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:20:24 pm by Mr. Strange »
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93508 on: May 26, 2015, 03:22:32 pm »

I dunno, I think sometimes it's better to ignore things you can't fix, but maybe that's just a thing I have been taught because I have a tendency to mope during the day when I think about Africa or whatever.

Also I got sidetracked for about 5 minutes looking at the kitty in your avatar, damn you.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93509 on: May 26, 2015, 03:34:27 pm »

Well, duh! Why do you think I have so much cats?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!
Pages: 1 ... 6232 6233 [6234] 6235 6236 ... 8155