Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6277 6278 [6279] 6280 6281 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472266 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94170 on: June 14, 2015, 10:31:16 pm »

And the last one is also completely unnecessary. As Tack also pointed out, "if you can't care for your rat it'll die on it's own.
No, thanks. I'd rather not have thousands of stray animals wandering the streets. Shit's unhygienic.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94171 on: June 14, 2015, 10:57:43 pm »

And the last one is also completely unnecessary. As Tack also pointed out, "if you can't care for your rat it'll die on it's own.
No, thanks. I'd rather not have thousands of stray animals wandering the streets. Shit's unhygienic.

I think I'm too used to the suburbs. I keep forgetting that in major cities it's often not convenient to drive everywhere (which it is in the suburbs, which makes the matter a non-issue for me, as I only have to go outside to walk from my house to my car or from my car to the store.)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #94172 on: June 15, 2015, 12:04:27 am »

In rural areas, strays usually get eaten by predators, starve, freeze to death/otherwise die of exposure, or get shot (a lot of people don't tolerate stray dogs any more than wolves or coyotes)

Also, driving to the store is mandatory, when the nearest store is 15 miles away, and the one that sells what you need is 30.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #94173 on: June 15, 2015, 12:42:42 am »

I think I'm too used to the suburbs. I keep forgetting that in major cities it's often not convenient to drive everywhere (which it is in the suburbs, which makes the matter a non-issue for me, as I only have to go outside to walk from my house to my car or from my car to the store.)
In rural areas, strays usually get eaten by predators, starve, freeze to death/otherwise die of exposure, or get shot (a lot of people don't tolerate stray dogs any more than wolves or coyotes)
I live in a (somewhat) rural area. In New Zealand, which is notable for its gun control and lack of large predators. Strays tend to end up as roadkill.
Picking cat chunks out from your wheels isn't all that fun, oddly enough.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94174 on: June 15, 2015, 12:45:07 am »

I had spent exactly 18 years on a farm (albeit only really able to understand for the latter ones) and I still haven't yet seen a reason for the 'up at dawn' preference farmers seem to have.
Other than a heat thing, plus I guess livestock in stockades are more docile when they're bleary.

I imagine it's a holdover from the days when people worked with ghettoass hand-tools and didn't have artificial light
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94175 on: June 15, 2015, 12:45:23 am »

My friend's mother's fiancée's brother just died. :(
I didn't know him well, but it still comes as a shock. Nobody I know had died for quite a few years as far as I'm aware. Hopefully it doesn't happen again for at least as long.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94176 on: June 15, 2015, 12:46:00 am »

I'm in the bathroom before going home since food get and holy shit 7 hours since last bathroom break.

They're piping the music into here. There's a speaker IN HERE.

This is so distractIng I can't go.
I completely understand the feeling.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94177 on: June 15, 2015, 01:03:16 am »

Summer's truly here in Oregon. I hate summer. Flies, moths, entitled Californian children running and screaming in grocery stores, pushy 30-something soccer moms littering all over our beautiful beaches like they own the place, cars full of screaming tourist brats and their incompetent parents coming through the drive thru at work, and idiots from all states that should have their cars taken away before they kill somebody with their fucking atrocious driving. But hey, it's slightly sunnier than usual!

I don't understand how anybody could like summer. Whatever you get from the sunshine is paid back a million times in aggravation.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94178 on: June 15, 2015, 01:19:58 am »

I don't understand how anybody could like summer. Whatever you get from the sunshine is paid back a million times in aggravation.
I also understand this feeling. Summer sucks, yo. 'Specially when you're an unemployed adult.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94179 on: June 15, 2015, 01:23:46 am »

I dunno, I like summer more than Winter. At least I don't have to shovel fucking rain.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94180 on: June 15, 2015, 01:25:36 am »

I would applaud you if you could.

We never get snow around here, and I like rain.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94181 on: June 15, 2015, 01:26:45 am »

...I find it so hard to process that there are places on earth where it doesn't snow. It's like Narnia.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94182 on: June 15, 2015, 01:31:10 am »

Sometimes it snows but it melts instantly.  Along with the rain, it freezes overnight.  Nice icicles, bad morning roads.
Of course that's different since I moved upmountain...  White fluffy snow *on the ground*!  And summer is a few degrees cooler and *so* much less muggy, it's amazing.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94183 on: June 15, 2015, 01:35:54 am »

Why? What was the defining feature of a Jew in the nazi eye? I thought it was just a Hebrew name.
Naah, IIRC they had a one-eigth rule: If one of your great-grandparents was Jewish, so were you.
Are you Jewish?
Was anyone as far as four generations back in your family Jewish?
Are you homosexual?
Are you infirm?
Does someone high up in the Nazi hierarchy just dislike you?
Are you, or is your family even from Israel?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the Nazis would consider you a Jew. If you answered no to all of these questions, the Nazis might still consider you a Jew for other arbitrary reasons that they may just make up on the spot.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 01:39:15 am by AlleeCat »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94184 on: June 15, 2015, 01:37:05 am »

The Nazis: Good Fucking God Man
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 6277 6278 [6279] 6280 6281 ... 8153