Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6713 6714 [6715] 6716 6717 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8473423 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100710 on: January 12, 2016, 09:38:38 pm »

Well I just want to vent a little... so here it goes

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #100711 on: January 12, 2016, 09:39:01 pm »

Progress or not, by 100 years we'll all be gone, and by a few billion everything we've done, every legacy, deed, goal, and accomplishment will be forgotten, forever. At this point, I've realized my voice isn't loud enough to effect anything serious, so I only speak when I have to. Why do you care so much when it won't matter in time? If he can't change anything, nothing to worry about. If he can, there's nothing anyone here can do, so why worry? I'm not trying to offend you or insult you, and if I have somehow, I'm sorry, but why worry about what you don't have the power to change?
By continuing to live you accelerate the heat death of the universe. All things are impermanent, all deeds pointless. All the more reason to make the present count, it's all we have.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100712 on: January 12, 2016, 09:40:50 pm »

@LW:
AGREED.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100713 on: January 12, 2016, 09:41:09 pm »

Mouse trap caught a mouse by crushing it's shoulder. Poor little dude, didn't want you to suffer.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100714 on: January 12, 2016, 09:43:33 pm »

Progress or not, by 100 years we'll all be gone, and by a few billion everything we've done, every legacy, deed, goal, and accomplishment will be forgotten, forever. At this point, I've realized my voice isn't loud enough to effect anything serious, so I only speak when I have to. Why do you care so much when it won't matter in time? If he can't change anything, nothing to worry about. If he can, there's nothing anyone here can do, so why worry? I'm not trying to offend you or insult you, and if I have somehow, I'm sorry, but why worry about what you don't have the power to change?
By continuing to live you accelerate the heat death of the universe. All things are impermanent, all deeds pointless. All the more reason to make the present count, it's all we have.
I'll admit, that's a very interesting way of viewing things. That's... the closest word I can think of, relating to my thoughts on this, would be insightful, but it's nothing close to what I actually think. It's really indescribable. But I like how you think.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #100715 on: January 12, 2016, 09:45:23 pm »

So if, for example, this guy were to be put in the position to enact his idea, could any of us here do anything about it?
[/quote]It's what's been done for bad-ideas-being-enacted since history. :P That's a lot of ground to cover, but I will say: Yeah, 'any of us here can do anything about it that makes significant progress significant'.

It doesn't matter what I think. I don't hold any power, voice, or sway over anyone who makes or could make any meaningful decisions. My thoughts don't matter here, so there's no point in stating them. And the essence of the action? Meaning behind it? What do you mean? [...] Or am I not understanding you completely?
It does. :) Words convey meaning--and you inasmuch as everyone else have thoughts that matter; maybe not in the way you may think about yourself [as in low self-esteem? :/], but they do matter to other people. The next 3 questions I would like you to read up on. ;3 What can matter is what is being done in the present--what you've learned, and what you can learn [like, say, attitude. That's mostly learned. And that reflects, in a way, what you learned a long time age {in that current time}]
Buuuuuut if this may take a while, to PMs! :D

Sads: Time ;_; Schedules. And Internet connectivity.
Glad we have books here to spend my time on though, but mph .-. The things I could do with a very stable [and in the least on par with all other countries] internets.

It was Physics all along. :P
And Gravity. You too.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #100716 on: January 12, 2016, 09:46:03 pm »

I disagree with you on a lot of points, LW, but... I find your philosophical bits like this great. Words to live by right here.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100717 on: January 12, 2016, 09:47:20 pm »

I disagree with you on a lot of points, LW, but... I find your philosophical bits like this great. Words to live by right here.
True, fucking, that.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100718 on: January 12, 2016, 10:09:47 pm »

That's the mistaken thinking of superficial logic. :-\ Belittling yourself to comparison and temporal degrees leaves you open to not seeing what level your thoughts will follow. It's the essence of the action that matters, instead of 'Oh in all this time we'll be gone. Nothing matters'. It's what is currently being done--for the present and for the future, that defines what's going to happen.
The very things you see today are a product of those who acted before--malicious or benevolent.
It doesn't matter what I think. I don't hold any power, voice, or sway over anyone who makes or could make any meaningful decisions. My thoughts don't matter here, so there's no point in stating them. And the essence of the action? Meaning behind it? What do you mean? So our intent in what we do is what decides its relevance? It's morality? Or am I not understanding you completely?
Please take note that if you may say
Why do you care so much when it won't matter in time?
It also reflects your own thinking, instead of challenging the other person's woes [also it may be impolite because it verges on what the other person says, and adds a tinge of apathy to it, which won't help at all because of context-dependency].
Yes. I'll admit that. I went... off, here.
If he can, there's nothing anyone here can do, so why worry?
This bit too. Because this person is acting on an idea which belittles other people because of very illogical and lacking reasons. Point in the orange bit there--that's not something you can throw out as if people cannot do anything because of what other people have done.
So if, for example, this guy were to be put in the position to enact his idea, could any of us here do anything about it that would be of any relevance to the decision or anyone who put this decision into action?
We could murder him. That's an option.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100719 on: January 12, 2016, 10:25:15 pm »

Yeah I'm always up for a good lynching
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #100720 on: January 12, 2016, 10:25:32 pm »

Thanks, though I'm not sure how much I can ever claim credit for any wisdom as being my own, I would not be who I am without the people around me or before me.
Somewhat on that note and a personal one... 2016 has opened for me surprisingly well, where 2015's the year everything went better than expected I now stand on the precipice of good fortune, where I can tip things one way or the other if I am equal parts diligent and lucky. Some sad melancholy has swept over me for some reason in the face of impending success. I've spent so much time taking joy in how much everything is awful offal that things going good even if only for a week or two may explain all this sadness, all I've lost and those I never got to say goodbye to before and after they died, and I've taken back up wandering grey streets to shite soulful busking in my head, hoping to one day see the likes of people like the disheveled fire juggler, georgian priestess or combat hobo.

Not likely, I don't think he survived winter two winters ago. I'll always remember the last thing we talked about, living with nothing and dying with nothing. Hope he's well, whatever his fate, same too with the juggler who only wanted to be a man of computers as a man without education. He had a lot of hope, much too much for his own good in this world. The georgian priestess had much in common with the nigerian preacher and even the ISIS family; lots of good will, zealous faith and a desire to help all willing to listen in their own ways. Much different from my newest acquaintances, who carry zealous humanism with their goodwill, and considerably more affluence with profitable charity and ambitious integrity, some things I had thought paradoxes. None of my oldest and newest friends killed themselves and are doing good, the ones I were properly worried about even doing humongous u-turns into healthy lives independent from the metaphorical cancers in their hearts and in their midst. I even got to see nearly all my oldest friends twice over in some rustic (by metropolis standards) pub with warm lights mocking the one who'd come down from Dundee, the cheeky hobbit. My family both close and large is growing closer, I even still have a great-grandfather and grandparents living from ages of pictures, shillings and their own survival, who I've got much to thank for and still can.

Only once given into anger and always holding onto determined grit like roadmelters in a tundra, never took up several attractive propositioners and propositions whom I would've done as I did last year but did not, never turned my back on promises, people and sacrifices I kept, I don't know if I'll ever get anywhere but I'm moving on anyways, sadness is upon me, madness in my blood, crassness in the world, I've never felt more alive and yet I've not stopped living the same life in the same world.

Sometimes I just need to step back from cold numbers and the politik of survival and look up from my oats and poultry to ask myself what am I doing? It's a thoughtful sadness. We keep building castles in the sand and we never give up, it is in human nature to invent such things as medicine to disrupt the natural order, because we can do better. Sure we may fail, but we try and keep trying, enough people never giving up on the world no matter how much crap it dumps on us and how little reason it gives us to live, enough people to make a difference. Whether there is some higher purpose or we're just coasting on this flash of time on this speck of cosmic dust, I really can find no better words for it. We don't have eternity to be good, whatever being good is. But we have got now! And to me that means the world.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100721 on: January 12, 2016, 10:43:01 pm »

Yeah I'm always up for a good lynching
I mean, seriously, I'm for pacifism and all but I don't really trust free speech that much. I think free speech and totalitarianism should be balanced, and when compromise isn't possible between two world views it is better for the other to destroy the opposer.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100722 on: January 12, 2016, 11:03:18 pm »

So I tried eating until I got totally sick...

But is there better ways to deal with stuff?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100723 on: January 12, 2016, 11:57:40 pm »

Have you considered not eating until you get sick?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100724 on: January 13, 2016, 12:06:07 am »

Have you considered not eating until you get sick?

Yes... but it is preferable.
Pages: 1 ... 6713 6714 [6715] 6716 6717 ... 8153