Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6756 6757 [6758] 6759 6760 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471369 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101355 on: January 31, 2016, 11:12:40 am »

Cut self while cooking.
Weird sliver cut which basically has undercut the bottom half of my thumb pad.
Glad at how amazingly I and housemate dealt with it, but even though we managed to bind it crazy well, it's still inconvenient.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #101356 on: January 31, 2016, 11:35:42 am »

I strongly suspect (but can't prove ... yet) that my immediate supervisor is sabotaging my attempts at transferring into more prestigious (and much better paid) departments within the same facility. Turns out that doing the work of five in a department that you entered with the full intention (understood by my manager when he hired me, it's the standard practice) of making it a temporary stop isn't the best idea.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101357 on: January 31, 2016, 12:36:17 pm »

Oh man, I just finished watching the 4th season of The Wire.
Feeling pretty shell-shocked right now.

Edit: Sheeit, I don't know if it's because of me still feeling emotional from the show or what, but suddenly I'm feeling sadder than usual about all the things I'm usually sad about. I wish there weren't so many of them.

Editedit: I was already feeling sad and now my computer is being slow and it's making it worse. :-\
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:07:41 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101358 on: January 31, 2016, 06:38:28 pm »

Isn't that the show where there's a particularly realistic crime scene investigation in a project home, except that for 5-10 minutes the only thing they say is "fuck" as they uncover clues?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101359 on: January 31, 2016, 06:42:40 pm »

Had a shouting match.  It's nothing compared to what a lot of the people here have to deal with, but...

Nonetheless.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101360 on: January 31, 2016, 06:47:44 pm »

Had a shouting match.  It's nothing compared to what a lot of the people here have to deal with, but...

Nonetheless.
It's all relative.
A shouting match means you were pushed to a breaking point, and suffered, and I'm sorry.
I wouldn't be less sorry if it took more BS to make you snap.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101361 on: January 31, 2016, 06:48:24 pm »

Thank you.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #101362 on: January 31, 2016, 06:55:01 pm »

Yeah, any sort of confrontation on that level is never pleasant for anyone involved. My sympathies.

Meanwhile I've been feeling sick to my stomach all day and I'm still uncharacteristically shaky - my hands vibrate on their own if I leave them alone, almost like I have palsy or something. Not that severe, of course. Just symptoms of anxiety and such. Still sucks.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101363 on: January 31, 2016, 06:58:52 pm »

Isn't that the show where there's a particularly realistic crime scene investigation in a project home, except that for 5-10 minutes the only thing they say is "fuck" as they uncover clues?
Except that? Don't you mean especially because? :D
Yes, it is a good show. I honestly didn't expect much from it, but it turns out to be great. Even if it makes me a little emotional at times.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101364 on: January 31, 2016, 07:07:18 pm »

Missed the deadline for a paper. I feel dirty not having completed the paper on time, which I still plan to submit anyway, but still...

And I've pissed off far too many people to count recently. Making me wake up feeling the most paranoid I've ever had in a long time.

Being told that your family doesn't give a fuck about you really hurts. Even if they're on a bad mood; simply trying to understand why they're feeling that way, and setting your anger aside... hurts.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 07:09:52 pm by Trapezohedron »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101365 on: January 31, 2016, 08:05:01 pm »

Wanted to look for a quote from a specific part in Neuromancer, and then remembered I'd lent it out to a friend who is slow as fuck at reading. Fucking social bonding behaviour always ruining my impulsive desires.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #101366 on: January 31, 2016, 08:35:42 pm »

I am exhausted and pretty emotionally drained. I wish I could do things during regular daylight hours but my schedule and obligations have pulled me in many different directions so I'm awake allllmost all day and night. I need a week off to just fix myself and get to a normal state of existence.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101367 on: January 31, 2016, 10:51:17 pm »

So. Probs lost a good friend just now. My friend broke up with her boyfriend this week. She has been a bit crazed. I told my roommate who I'm close friends with some things. He mentioned said things to her when she came around (bit of a dick move). Now she is (completely understandably) very mad at me.

And I did overshare with my other friend, and I'm not trying to make excuses but I vent to him about everything, and I really don't know how to deal with someone who's going crazy over a breakup because I am like the least relationship-savvy person there is :( I really do care but I'm only a person, too.

Internet hugs welcome.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #101368 on: January 31, 2016, 10:59:24 pm »

Internet hugs welcome.
Moods affect current behavior by a lot (especially if it's been long-term happenings lately).
* Tiruin hugs tightly :s
I do believe they aren't 'lost' though. It's more like something to go through for all parties involved. Best seek advice from someone there who can aid you both/all (and apologize to her/work over misinterpretations directly). :-\

This thread popped up for hugs too.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101369 on: January 31, 2016, 11:31:40 pm »

I wish I could, y'know, do... stuff.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6756 6757 [6758] 6759 6760 ... 8153