Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6757 6758 [6759] 6760 6761 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8475062 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101370 on: January 31, 2016, 11:40:20 pm »

Don't we all.
At least there are martial arts films for us to watch instead, eh?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #101371 on: February 01, 2016, 12:30:50 am »

I have a minor problem with the computer given to me by school. As a result I'm going to have to take it in to the IT department eventually and lose it for several months because they have proven multiple times that they don't understand how to work with computers. Some of my friends could probably do a better job then them.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101372 on: February 01, 2016, 12:54:31 am »

Cut self while cooking.
Weird sliver cut which basically has undercut the bottom half of my thumb pad.
Glad at how amazingly I and housemate dealt with it, but even though we managed to bind it crazy well, it's still inconvenient.
Hah. Weird little ad-on to this story.
I put a new plaster on it this morning because something-something moist healing.
I forgot I'd been cutting chicken and it might be getting infected.
Not really worth a 'sad' but heh I messed up a little.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101373 on: February 01, 2016, 01:08:58 am »

You could stick some disinfectant on there if you're worried. I probably wouldn't bother, but vov.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101374 on: February 01, 2016, 01:52:25 am »

Whatever I do, there will always be bigger fish then me here.

* wraps some hugs in Pravda newspaper, puts wrapped hugs in box, puts to Quinnr label on the box, goes to mail.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101375 on: February 01, 2016, 02:19:56 am »

Internet hugs welcome.
Moods affect current behavior by a lot (especially if it's been long-term happenings lately).
* Tiruin hugs tightly :s
I do believe they aren't 'lost' though. It's more like something to go through for all parties involved. Best seek advice from someone there who can aid you both/all (and apologize to her/work over misinterpretations directly). :-\

This thread popped up for hugs too.

Thank you very much, I read your post earlier and it was very nice. We sorted our stuff out, so that's all good. Internet hugs appreciated majorly though, you guys are always the best.

-----

But now I went to shave and cut off half of my chin. I'm terrible at being an adult, and probably everyone will judge hardcore tomorrow and I have to talk in front of an organization and stuff so hopefully I can take this rather large bandage off my face and assess the damage in the morning. Never, ever, ever buying cheap razors again. But seriously. I am a child. What the heck?

Four blades means four times the face gouging!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101376 on: February 01, 2016, 04:33:35 am »

I don't think people will judge you for cutting yourself while shaving; everyone's done that at least a few times.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101377 on: February 01, 2016, 06:52:51 am »

Feeling tired as heck right now. I kinda... didn't sleep last night. I wasn't particularly tired for most of the day, in fact I felt rather bright and enthusiastic and wound up binge-watching martial arts movies (as I have discussed at length in other threads already). Now, though, I think I am crashing pretty hard.

Also I got all excited thinking it was almost my bedtime, then I realised that clock was in stupid DST and it's still an hour away.
Must... not pass out... bleurgh...
Booze is Life for Yoink

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101378 on: February 01, 2016, 07:02:15 am »

Yoink?
If you are tired you should be sleeping.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101379 on: February 01, 2016, 07:03:34 am »

Nah man, gotta stay up just an hour. Get my sleep schedule on track again and such.
The last couple of nights have been a bit of a setback, but I'm fairly confident that I'll get back into it quickly.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #101380 on: February 01, 2016, 10:17:57 am »

Nah man, gotta stay up just an hour. Get my sleep schedule on track again and such.
The last couple of nights have been a bit of a setback, but I'm fairly confident that I'll get back into it quickly.
You give me faith that I am in fact not a special snowflake for doing exactly that thing too.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101381 on: February 01, 2016, 10:28:39 am »

I've been there too. Be strong. Just gotta push it little by little.
Although, meanwhile in Tackland, I'm taking afternoon naps for some reason. Like, four hour naps.

Also re: cut re:
You could stick some disinfectant on there if you're worried. I probably wouldn't bother, but vov.
yah it got infected but I iodine-bombed it and let it dry and hopefully it'll fix.
My friends are telling me to see a doctor which really kills the Aussie stereotype for me.

Edit: other, other news- this heat is so pervasive. It's 2am and Lingering. Screw sheets, I've even abandoned the 'decency corner'. Silk clings like a sweat-soaked jellyfish, and my bed, reputed to be the hardest bed since funerary slabs is attempting to swallow and simultaneously boil whatever pieces of my torso-thigh area it can touch. Not even mentioning my pillow- it's in penitentiary.
All I need is mosquitoes with some new variety of pandemic virus and my hellscape is complete.
(Thankfully the mosquitoes are actually not here currently touch wood.)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:46:55 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #101382 on: February 01, 2016, 12:34:20 pm »

So the really neat job I got of teaching english over Skype is not going to happen. Simply because my home internet is too shit to support it properly and doesn't meet the minimum requirements the company has for upload speeds. It can barely manage 0.2 Mbps of upload which is fucking retarded and is barely the tenth of the upload speed it has.

And with that, certain plans I've had with that money are now fucked. And I was so optimistic and upbeat today, so something like this was bound to happen.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101383 on: February 01, 2016, 03:58:46 pm »

Oh wow, that SUCKS.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101384 on: February 01, 2016, 05:29:00 pm »

Today I:

* Learned that a dental procedure needs to be redone because the dentist screwed it up last time. He's not going to be the one redoing it, that's for sure.
* My pet is seriously ill and the vet couldn't tell why
* One housemate has been trying to replicate a quantum stockpile in our laundry.  I am kind of in awe. Chairs don't usually stack that way.

Internet hugs welcome.
Moods affect current behavior by a lot (especially if it's been long-term happenings lately).
* Tiruin hugs tightly :s
I do believe they aren't 'lost' though. It's more like something to go through for all parties involved. Best seek advice from someone there who can aid you both/all (and apologize to her/work over misinterpretations directly). :-\

This thread popped up for hugs too.

Thank you very much, I read your post earlier and it was very nice. We sorted our stuff out, so that's all good. Internet hugs appreciated majorly though, you guys are always the best.

-----

But now I went to shave and cut off half of my chin. I'm terrible at being an adult, and probably everyone will judge hardcore tomorrow and I have to talk in front of an organization and stuff so hopefully I can take this rather large bandage off my face and assess the damage in the morning. Never, ever, ever buying cheap razors again. But seriously. I am a child. What the heck?

Four blades means four times the face gouging!

Happens to us all.

The secret to those immaculate shaven faces you see? Good shaving cream. Makes whatever razor you have not take chunks of skin out. Also good for shaving legs and pits.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 05:31:33 pm by Ghills »
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.
Pages: 1 ... 6757 6758 [6759] 6760 6761 ... 8153