Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7358 7359 [7360] 7361 7362 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470304 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110385 on: March 18, 2017, 09:51:30 am »

I don't think Discord takes up too much data.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #110386 on: March 18, 2017, 12:28:39 pm »

You're probably OK on the discord side of things if you're not using the voice chat, since otherwise you're just swapping strings of text. Images and sound are where it gets messy.

25 gigs is a super lenient limit, honestly, as long as you don't spend all your time watching YouTube videos or something like that. I have a 5 gig cap at the moment (with the caveat that nothing between the hours of 3 AM and 8 AM uses up our data) and we don't go over very often, and even then it's almost always at the end of the month when the cap is only a day or two from getting reset.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110387 on: March 18, 2017, 12:59:11 pm »

Yeah, I rarely use 25GB.  Some days I barely use one GB!
...I'm very sorry for your situation, and I hope silly dark humor doesn't make it worse ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #110388 on: March 18, 2017, 01:32:40 pm »

People yammer and refuse to shut up. It's amazing. I speak shortly, sweetly, and rarely.

I might just run a stupid purposefully badly done forum game just to type out some bashing (the usual video game bad guy deal).
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #110389 on: March 18, 2017, 10:43:17 pm »

You aren't a bad guy no matter how much others perceive you there--it's the obvious 'wow that's a hard misunderstanding' conditioning over the years that leads those thoughts to surface, even if the person is really polar-y opposite being of that kind of nature.

Connections to people help too, and better people than the sort that gives those thoughts. PM! :D

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #110390 on: March 19, 2017, 01:34:50 pm »

So apparently I've probably got BDD.
I really don't want this.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110391 on: March 19, 2017, 01:43:45 pm »

*hugs Lord_lemonpie*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #110392 on: March 19, 2017, 07:50:28 pm »

I'm not entirely sure about the appropriateness of posting about this right now, so don't quote this, please.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #110393 on: March 19, 2017, 09:43:35 pm »

Well that's an interesting day, I imagine. Sounds like you weren't too disturbed, though, which is good; I know I might have freaked out a lot at that.

Edit: I may as well say my piece. For the last few days I've been painfully, overwhelmingly bored. I don't lack things to do, and if I did I could probably acquire more in short order. But I don't seem to want to do anything at all. I just flit about on the internet trying not to fall asleep.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 11:07:16 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110394 on: March 20, 2017, 06:10:07 am »

My comfy office chair has become a very comfortable roller-stool.

Don't worry, the process was fairly slow.  After the initial snap I hoped that it would survive if I kinda took it easy, but no.  Not in this case.  A blessing, in that when the other side snapped, I was expecting it.

RIP, good chair.  Served a few years... in fact, yeah, I was still in RDU when I bought this!  That's pretty good, really!
Though it was pretty dang expensive, even at the discount I negotiated (the color I wanted wasn't in stock).  Still, RIP.

No seriously, rest in peace.  I appreciate you.  You did your job well and I'll miss you for an appropriate amount of time.

pls no haunt
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110395 on: March 20, 2017, 08:03:33 am »

Argh...I didn't get things done that I needed to over the past week and now I need to do them all now.
Sigtext

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110396 on: March 20, 2017, 09:45:58 am »

You're probably OK on the discord side of things if you're not using the voice chat, since otherwise you're just swapping strings of text. Images and sound are where it gets messy.

25 gigs is a super lenient limit, honestly, as long as you don't spend all your time watching YouTube videos or something like that. I have a 5 gig cap at the moment (with the caveat that nothing between the hours of 3 AM and 8 AM uses up our data) and we don't go over very often, and even then it's almost always at the end of the month when the cap is only a day or two from getting reset.

Yeaaah, I mean. Honestly, that's the biggest worry of mine kinda helped. Is the web based version easier on bandwidth?

Regardless, I don't really watch as much youtube as I used to. Kinda spend most of my time reading reddit with Ck2 or Eu4 up in the background while I wait for the new EP Stellaris to drop :P

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #110397 on: March 20, 2017, 04:14:43 pm »

Nah, you're probably better off with the non-browser version. I'm not an expert on Discord, but plain voice chat probably won't be too bad either.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #110398 on: March 20, 2017, 04:25:33 pm »

My comfy office chair has become a very comfortable roller-stool.

Don'tw worry, the process was fairly slow.  After the initial snap I hoped that it would survive if I kinda took it easy, but no.  Not in this case.  A blessing, in that when the other side snapped, I was expecting it.

RIP, good chair.  Served a few years... in fact, yeah, I was still in RDU when I bought this!  That's pretty good, really!
Though it was pretty dang expensive, even at the discount I negotiated (the color I wanted wasn't in stock).  Still, RIP.

No seriously, rest in peace.  I appreciate you.  You did your job well and I'll miss you for an appropriate amount of time.

pls no haunt

No, not the comfy chair!
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110399 on: March 20, 2017, 04:51:58 pm »

I have way too much homework to do.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7358 7359 [7360] 7361 7362 ... 8153