Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7560 7561 [7562] 7563 7564 ... 7663

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 3769606 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • If you want to talk about anything, you can PM me.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113415 on: March 20, 2017, 08:03:33 am »

Argh...I didn't get things done that I needed to over the past week and now I need to do them all now.
Sigtext
RIP Spearbreakers, may your !!SHENANIGANS!! return sometime soon.
It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh. Mah. Gawd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113416 on: March 20, 2017, 09:45:58 am »

You're probably OK on the discord side of things if you're not using the voice chat, since otherwise you're just swapping strings of text. Images and sound are where it gets messy.

25 gigs is a super lenient limit, honestly, as long as you don't spend all your time watching YouTube videos or something like that. I have a 5 gig cap at the moment (with the caveat that nothing between the hours of 3 AM and 8 AM uses up our data) and we don't go over very often, and even then it's almost always at the end of the month when the cap is only a day or two from getting reset.

Yeaaah, I mean. Honestly, that's the biggest worry of mine kinda helped. Is the web based version easier on bandwidth?

Regardless, I don't really watch as much youtube as I used to. Kinda spend most of my time reading reddit with Ck2 or Eu4 up in the background while I wait for the new EP Stellaris to drop :P

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • The first mankind, all over the world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113417 on: March 20, 2017, 04:14:43 pm »

Nah, you're probably better off with the non-browser version. I'm not an expert on Discord, but plain voice chat probably won't be too bad either.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Solidarity
    • View Profile
« Reply #113418 on: March 20, 2017, 04:25:33 pm »

My comfy office chair has become a very comfortable roller-stool.

Don'tw worry, the process was fairly slow.  After the initial snap I hoped that it would survive if I kinda took it easy, but no.  Not in this case.  A blessing, in that when the other side snapped, I was expecting it.

RIP, good chair.  Served a few years... in fact, yeah, I was still in RDU when I bought this!  That's pretty good, really!
Though it was pretty dang expensive, even at the discount I negotiated (the color I wanted wasn't in stock).  Still, RIP.

No seriously, rest in peace.  I appreciate you.  You did your job well and I'll miss you for an appropriate amount of time.

pls no haunt

No, not the comfy chair!
I am a heron. I have a long neck and I pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. If you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages I will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • If you want to talk about anything, you can PM me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113419 on: March 20, 2017, 04:51:58 pm »

I have way too much homework to do.
Sigtext
RIP Spearbreakers, may your !!SHENANIGANS!! return sometime soon.
It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_COFFEE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113420 on: March 21, 2017, 12:00:21 am »

I'm literally falling asleep at my desk. It's ten at night and the final is tomorrow. TIME TO STUDY.

Fuck I wish I was better at time management. Or just being a competent adult human being in general.

Also, I thought my Spanish essay was supposed to be 10 phrases but I wasn't sure. Wrote ten phrases because nobody else knew either. Just now saw the assignment paper, which I had been referring to while writing, and "fifteen sentences" in my own handwriting.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:07:57 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113421 on: March 21, 2017, 03:28:50 am »

I noticed someone sleeping just on the side of I-65. I've seen them before, but it just looked like a pile of rags. It wasn't bad today, but it's been like 22 degrees Fahrenheit outside.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Shifting and churning
    • View Profile
« Reply #113422 on: March 21, 2017, 08:20:42 am »

Inertia. Or rather, the realisation that whatever I try to change about myself will need to go up against some 20 years of inertia. And I'm not entirely sure I'm capable of pushing back strongly enough, for a needed amount of time to make the change. Which again stems from 20 odd years of thinking in a defeatist why even bother kind of way.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
Free hugs for those who need them!
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Solidarity
    • View Profile
« Reply #113423 on: March 21, 2017, 08:26:30 am »

I'm literally falling asleep at my desk. It's ten at night and the final is tomorrow. TIME TO STUDY.

Some people dream of success while you're going to wake up and work HARDER. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Also, I thought my Spanish essay was supposed to be 10 phrases but I wasn't sure. Wrote ten phrases because nobody else knew either. Just now saw the assignment paper, which I had been referring to while writing, and "fifteen sentences" in my own handwriting.
What kind of phrases you need?
I am a heron. I have a long neck and I pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. If you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages I will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • Raging at waterfalls
    • View Profile
« Reply #113424 on: March 21, 2017, 09:26:45 am »

Donde esta la locoteria?
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • And they will call us by our name - Undying
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #113425 on: March 21, 2017, 10:30:40 am »

Porque no los dos? No habla Espanol? Ich spreche kein Deutsch?

Inertia. Or rather, the realisation that whatever I try to change about myself will need to go up against some 20 years of inertia. And I'm not entirely sure I'm capable of pushing back strongly enough, for a needed amount of time to make the change. Which again stems from 20 odd years of thinking in a defeatist why even bother kind of way.

Small changes. You can't reverse all that momentum in one go, but you can push it around slowly. You can do it, mate.

I believe in you.
Wild roses in the wasteland, we are, we are
Defying the desert sun, yet thrown into the grave at last

Commission an Artwork

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #113426 on: March 21, 2017, 10:33:55 am »

Je non understando spaniardian.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113427 on: March 21, 2017, 12:02:29 pm »

My free safelink phone got deactivated. Apparently I neglected it too much, but I suppose it's my fault that I never call anyone. Now there is some utterly stupid system to get it reactivated, but it's a pain in the ass. I could pay for my own, but paying for something I never use is a slap in the face, delivered collectively by the entirety of the wired society that apparently mandates that I need one.

It's angering to say the least.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Crisper Child Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113428 on: March 21, 2017, 12:14:53 pm »

Today I have 2 & 1/2 lab reports to write, a midterm, a lab to go to, and an interview for an internship this summer. (That's on top of my normal schedule of classes.)

I don't know if i'll even have time. Not a matter of "I have to do a bunch of stuff and I don't like it" but a matter of "I may not be able to accomplish all these things before tomorrow starts."
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
So, basically, we have a hovercraft that explodes when used.
Still, Chief, you are correct. It is an excellent dog fighter. It managed to nail the one dog present in the audience.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113429 on: March 21, 2017, 08:08:05 pm »

Well my depression kind of progressed to deeper depression.

As long as it doesn't become deep depression I'll be alright.
Pages: 1 ... 7560 7561 [7562] 7563 7564 ... 7663