Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7364 7365 [7366] 7367 7368 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8578058 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110475 on: April 01, 2017, 02:00:47 am »

Hey.

*hugs*

Welcome back.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110476 on: April 01, 2017, 05:50:18 pm »

Brother called to tell me that my Grandpa passed away today, a few hours ago. It's my Grandma's birthday today, and my folks were there. I wasn't, but I'd seen him not long ago. He'd had his 4th or 5th stroke, and wasn't doing well; was in a lot of pain, couldn't stand, lost most of the rest of his ability to speak... I know he wasn't enjoying his life. In a way, I'm glad. He's not suffering anymore.

When I was a kid, I saw him every other weekend; more often than I saw my birth Dad. He was a kind, clever, compassionate, forward-thinking, and resourceful person. When he didn't know how to do something, he'd teach himself... and he'd always keep trying new things. He collected instruments and songs from around the world, when he travelled. He was a good listener, a prankster, a gardener, a tinkerer, a pilot, a storyteller, a giver, an explorer, and a fighter for peace. He's always been important to me, and there's a lots of ways I tried to model myself after him. He got me into art, music, programming... so many of the things I do today are all because of him.

Last thing I said to him, before I left the last time, was that I loved him. And it was weak, but he said he loved me too. He lost most of his words after his injuries, but not those ones. He never lost those.

I miss him.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110477 on: April 01, 2017, 05:58:20 pm »

Man, that's rough :(

Sorry about that.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110478 on: April 01, 2017, 06:11:12 pm »

*hugs Solifuge*
I'm sorry for your loss.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 06:19:15 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #110479 on: April 01, 2017, 06:27:55 pm »

Your grandfather sounds like he was a great person, Soli.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #110480 on: April 01, 2017, 10:34:31 pm »

I'm so tired.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110481 on: April 01, 2017, 10:36:15 pm »

*hugs*

*muchly*

Just...good luck and please don't die.
Sigtext

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #110482 on: April 01, 2017, 10:57:06 pm »

Just...good luck and please don't die.
Yeah, that's the plan. :/

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110483 on: April 01, 2017, 10:57:18 pm »

I'm so tired.

I'm really sorry that this is something you've got to deal with. Keep going, though.

If it feels overwhelming, sometimes you can use lists like that to prioritize. Pick the most vital things first, then the lowest-hanging fruit among those. When you've got spare energy at the end of the day, try to find a way to solve that issue, or change the circumstances creating it. It sounds like a lot of this is being at the mercy of forces outside yourself... but if there are ways to mitigate those forces, or work around them, I really hope you can find them.

Here's wishing you strength, luck, and healing, here.

P.S. Thanks, guys. I do appreciate it. This is the 3rd close family member lost in roughly the last year... and the reality of it is still kinda filtering in. But it's also been a long time coming. Just getting tired of grieving.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110484 on: April 02, 2017, 12:08:14 am »

*Hugs Solifuge and Kaladin*

I'm one of those people who never really know what to say during bad times. I wish I were.

*Hugs*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #110485 on: April 02, 2017, 07:58:14 am »

Nyargh, it's times like these where i wish i had ANY kind of power so i could DO SOMETHING TO HELP. Alas, i am stuck being text on a monitor. I wish you the best of luck Kal, and i give you, Soli, my deepest condolences.

My own current sads is that i feel like i'm utterly wasting the few talents that i apparently do have. It's like... Well, extreme example here, but imagine that you had a supercar that you enjoy riding, but rarely ever use it. That's kinda silly, right? Now, i'm obviously no Einstein, Michaelangelo or Bugatti Veyron, but there's still SO MUCH i could be doing that i'm not doing. I'm not even sure if it's anxiety or laziness any more. :-\
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #110486 on: April 02, 2017, 04:55:58 pm »

If nothing else... Bear witness.

Sometimes, just being there to listen to another is enough.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #110487 on: April 02, 2017, 07:43:06 pm »

Tired, but enduring. Others seem to avoid paying for their mistakes. I am charged costs despite doing what is asked.....

It has taken a toll on my health and my mind among other things.

I don't presume to know anymore. I'm tired of people thinking it is OK to take advantage of me and acting as if I am to blame when that doesn't work. I don't understand peoples' delusions and I am not currently healthy or patient enough to be able to care anymore. I am terribly tired.

I almost don't know how to relate to people anymore. I don't comprehend how they think and why many often mistake wanting a result means it can be won. There's something missing like logic and a plan..... I have no idea how to deal with the sheer amount of phony people I have seen. Nothing makes sense.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110488 on: April 02, 2017, 07:59:24 pm »

*hugs Truean*

Can we help?
Sigtext

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110489 on: April 02, 2017, 08:35:57 pm »

-snip because snip-

I know you're a good person, who does the right thing whenever possible, acts out of compassion, and fights a lot of difficult battles to do so. For every unscrupulous person willing to throw you under the bus, or take advantage of you... there are tens or twenties, or maybe even hundreds of people who have been touched by your efforts, directly or indirectly... and who deeply value what you do, and who you are.

I'm so sorry. Another thing I wish I could change, but know that I can't. I still want to remind you that you're an inspiration. You're quite a person. And you deserve good things.

If you can... get some rest. Spend time with the people who value you, and who you enjoy being with. Do some of the things that you like. Get through this fog, find your heart, and get yourself centered around it again. You'll get through this. Time doesn't make everything right, but it does a number on a lot of things.

Take care of yourself, and keep going. It will get better.
Pages: 1 ... 7364 7365 [7366] 7367 7368 ... 8156