Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7366 7367 [7368] 7369 7370 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8570535 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110505 on: April 04, 2017, 04:23:44 am »

I skipped work today.

Every time I exercise, lift something heavy, or have to exert myself, I feel it for days and days. Even hiking a mile or two for groceries makes my legs itch like I ran a marathon.

Pretty sure I'm in the worst shape I've ever been in my life.
You can work out with me, Soli. I'm also in the worst shape of my life.

You can work out with me, MZ and Solo. I am also in the worst shape of my life.

Going for walks is the most i care to do, and sometimes not even that much. I've had a Fitness World membership, can't say i enjoyed it in the slightest. I'm not at all ashamed of my pale and skinny nerd body (even being naked isn't much of an issue, i mostly worry about untimely boners in such cases), but i hate exhaustion, i find the inside of the gym to be uninteresting and uninspiring to look at, and find exercise on its own to be spectacularly dull (it turns into a "just gotta get it over with" thing, and then my brain's like "it's over if i stop doing it lolol"). That, and i'm intensely bothered by people who just (noisily) throw barbell weights to the ground from overhead instead of lowering them slowly in a much more impressive display of strength and control. >.> (though to be fair to the clientele, they generally kept to themselves and/or were friendly when they did interact with me)

... THAT SAID, i know plenty of people who like it as much as i dislike it, so don't let the anecdotes of a lazy nerd dissuade you from getting buff. :v

I'd kill for a pale and skinny nerd body instead of my fat and pasty nerd body.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #110506 on: April 04, 2017, 01:50:13 pm »

I'm feeling a weird sort of loneliness... in particular, I feel like at the very least I should have a crush on someone, but not only I dont, but I'm feeling a weird detatchment from wordly affairs...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110507 on: April 04, 2017, 03:26:27 pm »

Soon the hair at the top of your head and around the bottom will fall out. You will start chanting uncounsciously, your clothing will become more and more drab. Finally you shall feel the urge to give away your worldly possessions and to renounce worldly pleasure. That is when you will start migrating, looking for a new home.

And that's how you'll become a monk.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110508 on: April 04, 2017, 04:07:37 pm »

...or a supervillain. Only in that case, the clothing tends to be more colorful, and you renounce your worldly pleasures in favor of revenge or something.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #110509 on: April 04, 2017, 04:10:06 pm »

Sounds more like spontaneous monking to me, if only because "monk" is a funnier word. :v

In other news, i've finally figured out what to call the feeling that's nibbling at the back of my head all the time when i'm not distracted by something: I feel lost. I have no sense of direction in my life. I'm just aimlessly blundering about, hoping that i stumble upon the rainbow that'll lead me to a pot of gold, if it even exists. I can't even bring myself to just pick a direction and go from there, because i'm already tired of picking the wrong direction. Hell, i feel afraid of picking a direction, knowing that i'm very likely to end up flopping that as well, and thus spend another couple of years on something that's ultimately pointless. Even more annoyingly, i'm scared to tell these things to the ones who are close to me, so i'm not sure if they know how badly it bums me out.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #110510 on: April 04, 2017, 04:58:16 pm »

You might be onto something with the spontaneous monking. I'm finding myself more and more dedicated to study. And of course I left my home recently in search for enlightement as a foreigner in a foreign land...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110511 on: April 05, 2017, 12:32:04 am »

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 10:31:55 am by Solifuge »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110512 on: April 05, 2017, 10:27:51 am »

My entire body hurts all over in a way that it doesn't unless I've fallen on the ground, or gone really hard on an exercise without cooling down. I know it's stress causing me to be tense 24/7. People have started asking me why I walk with a hunch and telling me that I sound terrible.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110513 on: April 05, 2017, 10:44:29 am »

I was unable to finish an exam practical, for the first time in...roughly ever.

Argh.

Not fun.

Especially when you're pretty sure that it's because of various external technical difficulties that should have been remedied long before this point that you weren't able to finish.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:18:35 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110514 on: April 06, 2017, 12:23:54 am »

There was a spider in my room a couple nights ago.

I was already struggling to sleep from nonspecific stress, and this thing started running laps around my ceiling... I normally kill spiders, because they freak me out when they get too close, but I was too tired and miserable for it to seem like a good idea this time.

Instead I made a deal with the spider. As long as it stayed on or near the ceiling (which they normally do) I wouldn't do anything to it. I looked at it as taking steps towards overcoming my (stupid, irrational) arachnophobia.

And it... kinda worked? I was nervous sharing my room with it the first night, but after that it somehow started to grow on me... The way it always vanished during the day and wandered around the ceiling industriously all night. I started thinking of it as a "she". Kinda liked how I could always look around the corners of the ceiling and spot her somewhere, doing her thing. Was able to get to sleep without being paranoid that she'd drop down on me in the dark.

...Anyway she just now decided to relocate to the wall directly next to my bed and after a minute of distressed hesitation I mashed her with a kleenex box. And now my room feels empty and so do I. :(

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110515 on: April 06, 2017, 12:46:54 am »

*hugs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110516 on: April 06, 2017, 07:51:59 am »

JESUS CHRIST NURSEPERSON, DO YOU REALLY NEED THAT MUCH OF MY BLOOD?

I KNOW ITS FOR LIKE 9 DIFFERENT TESTS OR SOMETHING BUT JEEZ.

CHAIRMANPOO WAS RIGHT, SECRET VAMPIRE CABAL CONFIRMED.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110517 on: April 06, 2017, 08:15:42 pm »

Ugh this is awkward, but just a funny coincidence...
Dad's birthday was today, so I went out for a little cheap wine just now.  Store only had the undrinkable stuff like "chillable red"...  But also a special on my dad's favorite.

I don't have a corkscrew, but I'll work something out.

Also the very nice cashier with the radical dreadlocks commented on me "switching it up".  Actually had a brief chat about fathers and wine (apparently in Greece there's a vodka that tastes like black licorice).  Was nice!  Just also made me feel self-conscious.  I mean, I'm probably about to screwdriver a cork apart.  Plus this means she remembers me as the guy who buys cheap box wine.  Bleh.

Was actually a really nice day though, just a wave of self-consciousness now.

Edit:  Actually screw that, I don't need a drink that much.  I'll just dream what I may.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 08:21:00 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110518 on: April 06, 2017, 08:30:56 pm »

I do believe that licorice stuff is Ouzo. It is wonderful, though not vodka.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110519 on: April 06, 2017, 08:32:23 pm »

Yeah, Ouzo is what she said!  Maybe "like vodka", not sure.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 7366 7367 [7368] 7369 7370 ... 8156