Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7409 7410 [7411] 7412 7413 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8567698 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111150 on: July 15, 2017, 08:53:25 am »

I am pro-choice and I feel like pro-life isn't wrong or abhorrent. We just disagree about when life begins.

Second trimester, btw. Any later and I hate to say it, but you're too late to make that choice. Just my thoughts, not trying to provoke anyone.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111151 on: July 15, 2017, 09:39:53 am »

That's actually the law here in Germany. Or rather, that's the way we do it - technically abortion is completely illegal, but there are legal workarounds to keep things sane.

Also that's very much my position as well - we don't know where it begins, so let's play it safe and keep anything that made it past the first third, unless there's a very sound reason not to. Last trimester that thing's undoubtably a person, just a person that's stuck inside another one, and we should treat it as such.

I just broke up with my bf and now i feel like complete and utter shit tbh
Mah sympathies.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111152 on: July 15, 2017, 10:16:45 am »

I am pro-choice and I feel like pro-life isn't wrong or abhorrent. We just disagree about when life begins.

Second trimester, btw. Any later and I hate to say it, but you're too late to make that choice. Just my thoughts, not trying to provoke anyone.
Yeah, to be clear, that's my position too (including the second trimester part).  I was accepting that these particular people believe some scary things:
Now, some people are anti-abortion, some near militantly so, and some so far it's actually stupid beyond any reason (granted, not the majority. I'm talking "Oh, keeping the baby will kill you AND the baby? Well better you both die than just the baby!" ones.)
The "pro-life" position makes sense, it's just a question of when life actually begins.

(I *do* disagree with Biblical arguments against abortion, though.  Not only should it be irrelevant when deciding the law, but the Israelites were commanded to feed miscarriage-potions to suspected adulterers in Numbers 5:20)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111153 on: July 15, 2017, 10:34:37 am »

I've met people like that
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111154 on: July 15, 2017, 08:39:59 pm »

The good news is that the dog might have a urinary tract infection. Got an antibiotic course from the vet, among other things.

The bad news is that it's been a lot of blood and she hasn't been acting sick, so it might be bladder cancer or some shit instead.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #111155 on: July 16, 2017, 05:08:16 pm »

Another cultural legend gone -- George Romero.  Grandfather of the zombie.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111156 on: July 16, 2017, 05:37:43 pm »

Another cultural legend gone -- George Romero.  Grandfather of the zombie.
Unless they removed the head or destroyed the brain, he'll be back soon enough.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111157 on: July 17, 2017, 05:44:40 am »

I'm depressed. Such a sickening way of conveying what I feel, that. When I say that, what I mean is something like this.

I wake up, irritable and tired. Everything brings rage or frustration. By the time I am awake enough to recognize the signs, this great, unknowable, squirming black beast is choking my mind, invading every thought. I fight back, trying to turn the scalding light that is the truth of my happiness on the beast. Even as I do, I hear it whispering of the futility of my fight. Everything succumbs, it says. Every where I think, I burn it and it withers away, but I know I always miss a few little hiding places. All it needs is time to come back, and a little inattention on my part. And it will come back. That is, perhaps, the most crushing defeat I have ever experienced. To know I can never truly win.

That's what being depressed is to me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #111158 on: July 17, 2017, 07:11:38 am »

Gosh, that's horrible. I know i have my share of things that will stay with me till the end of my days, but nothing like that. I hope you do find the last nooks and crannies to scour the little shit out of, and if nothing else, even if you can't truly win, you can still beat it down to the size of an imp that you can just stomp on whenever it rears its ugly head. I hope. :v

As for my sad of today, i had a bad night. Went to bed at 3, fell asleep somewhere after 5:30. I just COULD NOT SLEEP, even though i was plenty tired. To compound things, i was jumpscared by my own brain in the early end of this stint, and it was surprisingly nasty. Long story short because this isn't the dream thread, i was browsing art and stuff, happened upon a face while scrolling down that can best be described as Zalgo^2, and that just fucking invades every other image present with a rather startling noise*. That scared the shit out of me. Past that, my brain basically looped for the next 2-3 hours, as if i had a fever, and i was scared of letting it proceed every goddamn time because it might also repeat the scare.

Enter today, after a comparatively miniscule amount of sleep. I am not feeling well. Obviously tired, but also somewhat restless at the same time, my belly unusually cranky, and i feel like my head just hasn't emptied overnight, like it's overloaded. I'm just glad i'm not supposed to be roleplaying today, i couldn't manage that right now. >.>

* if you're feeling masochistic, 0:16 in this vid, but fair warning, this thing is overall scary as hell and i wouldn't recommend listening if you're of a nervous disposition
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111159 on: July 17, 2017, 02:05:23 pm »

My parents cant come up with a working budget, which means they're probably going to lose this property. Like all the others. Joy.

Still cant find an apartment or room in my budget, or any upgrades to my budget. I'm going to end up getting dragged off with them just because I cant afford anything in this area and I dont have any friends I can move in with, which means losing my job and having to find another one, which wont pay enough to afford anything in that area, and my parents will inevitably be unable to afford the place they move into, which means theyll live there for a maximum of two years before getting evicted, which isnt enough time for me to get anywhere, which means if I dont have a super-charitable friend that will let me stay with them despite not being able to pay my part of the rent or whatever I'll get dragged along again. And again. forever.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111160 on: July 17, 2017, 03:19:48 pm »

My parents cant come up with a working budget, which means they're probably going to lose this property. Like all the others. Joy.

Still cant find an apartment or room in my budget, or any upgrades to my budget. I'm going to end up getting dragged off with them just because I cant afford anything in this area and I dont have any friends I can move in with, which means losing my job and having to find another one, which wont pay enough to afford anything in that area, and my parents will inevitably be unable to afford the place they move into, which means theyll live there for a maximum of two years before getting evicted, which isnt enough time for me to get anywhere, which means if I dont have a super-charitable friend that will let me stay with them despite not being able to pay my part of the rent or whatever I'll get dragged along again. And again. forever.

Sounds like ya might need to expand your room-mate criteria to people you don't already know. There's usually a safe local service that helps find people, IME.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111161 on: July 17, 2017, 09:26:05 pm »

Three months and counting, zero employment.  Zero hope.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111162 on: July 18, 2017, 02:59:55 pm »

Puppy mauled a cat badly. She had internal injuries and was bleeding out her mouth, so we had her put down. Puppy got in deep shit too.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #111163 on: July 18, 2017, 08:02:18 pm »

Depressed. Life is so empty and pointless. It's easy to say "find your own goals in life! make your own meaning" or something but I have been trying to do this for years and nothing sticks. Don't know what to do with myself.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111164 on: July 18, 2017, 08:21:24 pm »

Have you tried gardening?

Sure, I always recommend gardening, but: Gardening. You get concrete results, input directly correlates with output, you get in touch with the very origin of civilization, becoming part of a community that spans the ages...

Go buy some potatoes, leave them lying around in the sunlight for a couple days. Then go find a little spot of ground and plant them. Visit them every couple days and ward off weeds. Observe yourself becoming attached to a couple spuds.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 7409 7410 [7411] 7412 7413 ... 8156