Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7428 7429 [7430] 7431 7432 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8577054 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111435 on: August 19, 2017, 05:28:02 pm »

I can't win  with Necora Virus in Plague Inc Evolved

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111436 on: August 19, 2017, 05:35:25 pm »

necroa is likely the hardest pick in the game. It's doable though, but it has little room for deviating from optimal path (at least not until you have all traits available)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111437 on: August 19, 2017, 06:03:40 pm »

I had to follow a guide to win with the Necroa Virus. It felt like cheating but nothing else I tried seemed to work :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #111438 on: August 20, 2017, 12:55:21 am »

-
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 05:36:19 pm by ggamer »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111439 on: August 20, 2017, 01:02:38 am »

I feel lonelier than ever, i cant even talk to my therapist because the insurance company hasnt approved more visits. My parents are rarely around because our work schedules conflict, and i dont really have contact information for any of my coworkers, not that i think any would really want to talk with me outside work of course. My stupid hair is still falling out and i look like im in my late 30s now and i hate it. My damn car broke down and my jeep cant hold a charge in the battery, i have to ask someone to jump start it when its time to leave work. And i cant afford a new car. I cant afford rent for any of the houses on the market, with or without roommates. My fucking laptop completely died on me, it was definitely the harddrive that broke. Not sure ill be able to get any of my files off it either. All i could get it to backup was dwarf fortress, it froze up trying to copy over other files. Ive just been borrowing my mothers' since she never uses it, but that still doesnt feel right, its not mine to use, i dunno. Feels wrong.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111440 on: August 21, 2017, 12:40:23 am »

One of my long-time friends had to leave his apartment last week due to threats of violence from one of his neighbors, he spent the time between then and now here at my home trying desperately to find a place to stay, sadly he was not successful.  I had no choice today but to turn him out, homeless.

I feel a very deep sense of regret, and I truly wish that I could have done more for him.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111441 on: August 21, 2017, 01:17:52 am »

My stupid hair is still falling out and i look like im in my late 30s now and i hate it.

Have you considered shaving your head?  My hair, which I'd always worn long, started thinning in my 20s and by 30 I had a bald spot and hairline that was receding more and more, which was frustrating and kinda depressing.  Around age 34 I decided I'd had enough and just shaved it all off.  Once I got used to it (which didn't take long) I found myself wishing I'd done it sooner.  At the time the reaction from most people in my life was positive, with a number of them (including people at work I'd barely ever said two words to) telling me I looked 10 years younger.  I dunno if there's any cultural connotations where you live but certainly in my neck of the woods it's not entirely uncommon 'style' to take.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #111442 on: August 21, 2017, 09:31:26 am »

Ive got beyond shoulder length hair and its just getting noticable to me (25) that its thining. Yeah im pissed but I expected it to happen. It wont impact you at all. Every girl I've been with have checked out bald guys and thought they were sexy. But you dont wanna be that guy I saw today with his really long hair and extreme balding. Its a really bad look.
Shave your hair short so the thining looks like normal short hair and then move to shaving it off.
Who knows they might have a real fix in a few years and there will be this generation of old men that look like hair bands. Ugh.

Confidence man. Im not ugly but i never get anywhere because i lack confidence. My ugly cousin is the opposite.
Its just confidence. People look up to that, people love leaders.
What was I saying?
××××××××××××××××××

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111443 on: August 21, 2017, 10:40:18 am »

Who knows they might have a real fix in a few years and there will be this generation of old men that look like hair bands. Ugh.
1. You don't seem to like the thought of that
2.It's usually not a good idea to hope for a solution to your problems to be invented
3.People have been saying that for thousands of years

My stupid hair is still falling out and i look like im in my late 30s now and i hate it.
Don't know if this is rude or not (never been good with that, comes with my autism) but do you know why your hair is falling out?

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #111444 on: August 21, 2017, 11:01:31 am »

Its usually genetic, gamma, stress, low iron, high calcium, too many questions, lion attacks, hats, sweat and Phenobarbital.
××××××××××××××××××

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111445 on: August 21, 2017, 02:19:48 pm »

He could be suffering from a neurotic baldworm infection. They start out harmless enough really, you lose some hairs, maybe gain a few pounds.
But for all that's holy, DON'T LET IT REACH YOUR BRAINS, or you will end up bald, 40+, posting IN ALL CAPS, and voting Trump.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111446 on: August 21, 2017, 04:29:35 pm »

Dumbass me looked for the sun trying to get a second picture of it and looked right into the eclipse behind some clouds. May or may not have minor welders flash, but probably not since it's just sore eye and it feels sticky

Might also be from my scratched up lens bugging me now that I noticed it. More annoyed than sad because this is the day before vaccation for me, and I don't wanna spend it dealing with Welder's flash
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111447 on: August 21, 2017, 06:21:13 pm »

If it was just for a second you will be fine. Prolonged viewing causes damage.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111448 on: August 21, 2017, 06:58:08 pm »

Mmmmh. When I was young, the Tufty Club taught me not to look at the sun.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #111449 on: August 21, 2017, 07:59:45 pm »

So, I ran out of meds three days ago, and googling Venlafaxine withdrawal came up with nothing but people talking about how it was too terrible to quit from 35mg and instructions on how to take the pills apart to try smaller dosages? And I'm going cold turkey from 225mg? When my doctor first put me on it at 150mg he told me never to miss a day, and then the other doctor who I went to to try and lower my dosages safely responded by almost doubling my dose because "We might as well try before you stop them because you won't want to go off of them twice."

And I haven't been sleeping b/c no sleeping pills, and I'm out of hormones so that's a fun thing to have happen.

I feel like throwing up and my heads stuck in a fog and I can't move because it feels like I'm being electrocuted every time I do?

And then my ex messaged me and I've just defaulted to being supportive and understanding because I can't not right now? Like, he fell asleep on me while I overdosed and I had to call myself an ambulance while literally dying, and then he didn't check up on me for two days and when he finally messaged me it was just "Oh, I'm hurt that you're upset I fell asleep on you. What if I had stopped responding because of an emergency?" but he has a bad day and I'm just a bundle of positivity.

I'm just suffering right now.

I can actually breathe and speak now, and I'm not coughing up blood anymore, so that's nice I guess? And I'm mostly over the Zopiclone addiction the psych ward gave me?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 08:22:45 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »
Pages: 1 ... 7428 7429 [7430] 7431 7432 ... 8156