Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7495 7496 [7497] 7498 7499 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8542800 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112440 on: February 16, 2018, 05:22:18 am »

I'm on the brink of collapse here, the work I found haven't paid up enough yet and we are running low on food again.

On the bright side the appointment for the data collection for Peter's (Pedro is our baby's name) passport was given relatively quickly and now it's a matter of waiting to the data to be processed so we can pay for the impression. It's just a matter of time now. But I dread time is the biggest constrain, well the money to survive the time more likely.

Armies from Colombia and Brasil have moved to their respective frontiers with us to put order and security on the huge influx of emigrants, or at least that's what they said. There are strong rumors of a military intervention from the OEA led by the United States since this corrupt piece of crap miss called "government" has stopped being recognized as a constitutional and valid one.

My biggest fear is that bullets and bombs don't distinguish between the delinquents and the innocent people. I'm very afraid of what might happen to my family. We don't live specially near any military targets that I know off, but it's not a secret US military tends to mess up things and also that armed forces that work for dictators tend to occupy civilian buildings holding everyone hostages to prevent bombardments.

If I can be honest with you guys, I'm fucking terrified.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112441 on: February 16, 2018, 03:37:04 pm »

I would comment, but Descan stuffed me under his bed several years ago.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #112442 on: February 19, 2018, 08:05:44 am »

My nightshift left me laid out on the sofa in a horribly bad mood all of yesterday. I'm normally a cheerful enough person; I hate what nights does to me. I still feel rather... despondent, almost.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #112443 on: February 19, 2018, 12:56:38 pm »

I feel like that's probably not healthy.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #112444 on: February 19, 2018, 12:59:32 pm »

Nah, going to the gym, not pulling the muscle. Although if you just mean breathing hard, not exercising a muscle in your chest that you've pulled, then yeah probably fine.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112445 on: February 19, 2018, 01:06:29 pm »

I did that a while back, still a bit tight, though that might just be psychological seein’ as how moving heavy boxes is a large part of my job and oh my was that fun, what with having done some unpleasantness to a muscle in my back on the same side, working the same arm.

Edit for autocorrect ruining the message.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 01:15:48 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

thedrelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112446 on: February 19, 2018, 01:12:47 pm »

If I can be honest with you guys, I'm fucking terrified.

Yup, I would be too. You sound to be in one of the more dangerous regions of South America, but i'm not one to know.

I hope your work starts to pay better, and regional stability improves.
*scribble scribble*

Yes?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112447 on: February 20, 2018, 08:06:48 am »

I lack the energy and motivation to even compose a proper Sad Thread post*
Suffice it to say, I'm not sure if I'm actually as miserable as I feel, if I'm just tired from not getting enough sleep, if my serotonin/dopamine levels are a li'l depleted, or D: all of the above.
Also I'm supposed to work tomorrow and I never got around to washing my one decent set of work clothes after last week's work... they don't smell too bad, fortunately, and I have a fresh can of deodorant ready to go anyway, but surely I should have been able to find time to do that in the intervening days? Well, I suppose I haven't been home since Saturday, but that's still two days or so in which I could have done some bloody laundry.

I only have to work two days a week (well, more for the last couple of weeks since I was making up for time when I was away) but it feels like even this stupidly easy, laid-back job eats up my entire life and I spend half my days off recovering.
It was all going so surprisingly well to start with, too... I mean, even now I am still coping with it far better than I expected, but it seems I am still not remotely near ready for actual employment. :-\

* Okay, I guess I worked up the strength for a whiny ramble after all. Is that a good sign or a bad one?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 08:10:25 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #112448 on: February 20, 2018, 07:35:53 pm »

I feel like I can't enjoy anything anymore without worrying about whether or not I'm being productive, or whether I'm good at whatever I'm doing.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112449 on: February 21, 2018, 05:14:58 pm »

In Nigeria, it looks like the 276 schoolgirls Boko Haram kidnapped in 2014 have ran out, so today they attacked a school and kidnapped new schoolgirls.
51 out of the school's 701 students are missing.

Why haven't those fuckers been wiped out yet, sad. Probably because there are no oil reserves in Boko Haram territory.

Of the 276 girls that were kidnapped in 2014, 57 escaped in the beginning, 107 escaped later, or were released, but 112 are still missing/being held by Boko Haram.
The escapees told horrible stories about forced marriage, and forced prostitution for the militia members.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 05:19:09 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #112450 on: February 21, 2018, 05:20:41 pm »

The group is a shattered remnant of what it was just a few years ago. Completely eradicating a group such as this is extremely difficult, but all evidence suggests that their back is broken, and final defeat is on the horizon.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112451 on: February 21, 2018, 05:30:46 pm »

In Nigeria, it looks like the 276 schoolgirls Boko Haram kidnapped in 2014 have ran out, so today they attacked a school and kidnapped new schoolgirls.
51 out of the school's 701 students are missing.

Why haven't those fuckers been wiped out yet, sad. Probably because there are no oil reserves in Boko Haram territory.

Of the 276 girls that were kidnapped in 2014, 57 escaped in the beginning, 107 escaped later, or were released, but 112 are still missing/being held by Boko Haram.
The escapees told horrible stories about forced marriage, and forced prostitution for the militia members.
The Nigerian army is greatly underfunded, corrupt and mismanaged and insurgencies are hard to put down. They no longer hold any territory, at least.

They did in fact receive international assistance after the 2014 kidnapping and the Nigerian government refused the RAF's help in rescuing the girls, citing it as a national issue. Such is politics.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112452 on: February 21, 2018, 06:14:08 pm »

I shut down the online dating profile I had today.

The site gave me a survey to explain why I deleted my subscription.  The reason I picked was that not enough people contacted me.  This prompted the survey to ask me how many people I expected in the first place, which I simply selected "one".
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112453 on: February 21, 2018, 06:14:31 pm »

Its also a big country, i cant imagine it being easy to actually find them.

Ive been plagued with ongoing depression for weeks. My meds dont seem to make me less depressed, just less angry i guess. I keep getting into arguments with family, i dont feel like i can talk to them about any of my problems anymore, or ask for help of any sort, it just leads to more arguments. Ive got a job again, i was only unemployed for like three weeks, but it doesnt seem to amount to much, and my parents still seem to think im just lazy and worthless despite putting aprt of my money into their bills and doing all the evening chores for them just because its convenient (for them), and i cant move out again because frankly i dont make enough money, have no car to drive to work on my own and cant find an apartment anywhere near my workplace. I might be able to ride the bus, but i still cant afford any of the apartments available right now. The room i used to rent is now a kids room so i cant go back there.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 7495 7496 [7497] 7498 7499 ... 8155