Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7555 7556 [7557] 7558 7559 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470525 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113340 on: June 13, 2018, 06:06:45 pm »

Hey look another person yelling at me about life plans and how everything's my fault.  Another person who wants to pretend college wasn't a mistake like the rest of my existence.

"But I could lift myself by my bootstraps!  Sure it was near half a century ago, but why should that change anything!"
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113341 on: June 13, 2018, 10:37:13 pm »

I'm not saying everything's your fault. Stuff you can't control can happen. I'm saying that there's still things you can try.

As for college... well whether or not it's a mistake depends. It's a good place to learn, but if what you're learning isn't useful... If you don't want to continue with college, fine, but figure out an alternative. Treehouse, maybe.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113342 on: June 13, 2018, 10:56:45 pm »

I'm not saying everything's your fault. Stuff you can't control can happen. I'm saying that there's still things you can try.

As for college... well whether or not it's a mistake depends. It's a good place to learn, but if what you're learning isn't useful... If you don't want to continue with college, fine, but figure out an alternative. Treehouse, maybe.

I'm not yelling at you.  I traveled to see relatives to get away from my parent's bullshit only to get served the same bullshit for the entire week I'm here.  People constantly push me to do things that have not worked and clearly will never work.

College is already a sunk cost.  50k in debt and nothing to show for it.  It has not opened any doors or done any favors.  Just forced upon me because everyone was.  It has no worth yet I'm surrounded by old farts who still want to pretend it has.

I'm just tired of struggling to find even minor relevance in a world that spares no opportunity to tell me that I'm worthless and unneeded.  Every single thing I attempt to improve anything just fails every time.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113343 on: June 14, 2018, 05:56:48 am »

Could it be posibble that your selfhate is part of the problem. I mean, you are a dwarf fortress player and I'm yet to see someone dumb here.

The fact we meet on this formun alone speaks volumes of you, at least for me.

How old are you again? The most important thing here is how you feel about yourself. No you are NOT a piece of shit, you are one of the greatest marvels on the universe, of which there's only 7 billions, which might seem much but it's not in the breath scheme of things.

You are the product of millions of years of evolution, which right now culminate on you until you pass on the torch. You are a winer alone for that!

You live in a great nation, and I'm sure that if you get it together doors will open and opportunities will arise because it's not your degree, or whatever your family or people around you tell you, its a matter of how confident you are and you have all the tools there pal.

Think in this, while I'm tipping this I'm skipping breakfast simply because I can't afford to have it. I live in a failed nation under a criminal government that seeks to starve me and my family every fucking day, they don't want us to scape or die, just to keep us prisoner here for the longest time they can, and yet, I keep going, with no sleep, scarce food and all bets and bureaucracy against us.

I know everyone's problems are very subjective and relative and you might give a grand total of 0 fucks with 0 cents about some douchebag struggling on a third world communist hell hole but what I'm trying to convey is: you could have it a lot worst. Try to conquer this state of mind you are right now, don't be so harsh on yourself And you'll find yourself in a better stop soon.

If somebody told me 15 years ago that I was to marry the most beautiful woman in the world, was gonna have a nice job for 10 years in a row and a heart melting son, I would have make them committed for madness. Simply don't give up my friend.

I'm telling you, just as sure that Ill make sure my family scapes this country, you'll have better times if you just allow yourself to be. Stop punishing yourself, stop taking negative shit from others and focus on you, on getting over with the situation and finding a way out of the jam.

If you want to pm me it's fine too.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #113344 on: June 14, 2018, 08:56:51 am »

Something hurts.

It's not particularly bad, but it's persistent (sharp pain? ish? I was never good at figuring that out). hurts when I breathe in or out, hurts worse when I hiccup or cough, but it's not my lungs which hurt, just something nearby them that hurts when I move. It's on the lower right part of the abdomen, right behind my ribs (actually, just close to where the ribs stop), so I've tried to stick my hand into my belly and poke it, but that's not achieved anything. It's too high up for that, and eating/drinking doesn't seem to affect it (moving around my torse does, particularly lying on my side).

My family keeps telling me to go to the doctor, but I'd rather not spend hours waiting just for it to disappear or to be given tests just to find out it's nothing. I don't mind going to the doctor, or even the ER, but I do mind going over nothing. It started two days ago though, so I'm a little worried now. But I'm a young man in good health, so it's not deadly, right? That's not even the problem, the problem is that it's persistent enough to be annoying.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113345 on: June 14, 2018, 11:47:43 am »

How old are you again? The most important thing here is how you feel about yourself. No you are NOT a piece of shit, you are one of the greatest marvels on the universe, of which there's only 7 billions, which might seem much but it's not in the breath scheme of things.

You are the product of millions of years of evolution, which right now culminate on you until you pass on the torch. You are a winer alone for that!

Yes I am.  Everyone learns to hate me sooner or later.  Assuming they even care enough to even notice I'm there.

The universe isn't impressed by anything.  It won't care if there's one less person, it won't care if there's zero humans at all.  It will go on just fine.

You live in a great nation, and I'm sure that if you get it together doors will open and opportunities will arise because it's not your degree, or whatever your family or people around you tell you, its a matter of how confident you are and you have all the tools there pal.

This country has been in rapid decline for my entire life.  Wages are left from way before I was born, the work ethic is toxic and just want to abuse you for all your worth only to discard you when you're too burned out to be profitable anymore.  We've been at war over nothing for 75% of my life.  Literally the entire country is paranoid of everything.  One hospital visit will plunge me into debt leaving em wonder if it were worth it to go at all.

And all the confidence in the world means nothing.  Employers never even see me, much less speak to me.  The doors are barred shut.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113346 on: June 14, 2018, 11:49:22 am »

I just lost all the contents of my "Other bookmarks" thing, which also included all the plans for my mods....

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113347 on: June 14, 2018, 01:12:06 pm »

We get to have the entire rear strut system replaced in my wife's car.

This has been an unbelievably shitty year for us as far as our cars are concerned.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113348 on: June 14, 2018, 03:14:44 pm »

I have a seized brake caliper. The guy can't work on it atm cuz it's 800 Fahrenheit in and around it. Yay.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113349 on: June 15, 2018, 12:40:52 am »

I have a seized brake caliper. The guy can't work on it atm cuz it's 800 Fahrenheit in and around it. Yay.
Hot damn.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113350 on: June 15, 2018, 08:07:21 am »

This country has been in rapid decline for my entire life.  Wages are left from way before I was born, the work ethic is toxic and just want to abuse you for all your worth only to discard you when you're too burned out to be profitable anymore.  We've been at war over nothing for 75% of my life.  Literally the entire country is paranoid of everything.  One hospital visit will plunge me into debt leaving em wonder if it were worth it to go at all.

And all the confidence in the world means nothing.  Employers never even see me, much less speak to me.  The doors are barred shut.

Eh, it could be worse. The world has always been at war since civilisation existed. At least you're not worried about raiders coming over the hill with axes or your crop rotting in a field.  The streets are at peace, food and shelter is readily available, you can make your own choices to push the boundaries of your fate.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113351 on: June 15, 2018, 09:49:09 am »

The streets are at peace, food and shelter is readily available, you can make your own choices to push the boundaries of your fate.

I can't use 90% of that since I cannot get/hold a job.  There's no place for me.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113352 on: June 15, 2018, 01:51:28 pm »

-wrong thread-
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113353 on: June 15, 2018, 03:58:25 pm »

The streets are at peace, food and shelter is readily available, you can make your own choices to push the boundaries of your fate.

I can't use 90% of that since I cannot get/hold a job.  There's no place for me.

Bullshit. You live in a house, clearly, you have food and you don't have brigands coming to rape and enslave you, which was most of history. You are in fact benefiting heavily from affordable peace, food and shelter. Complaining that you can't get a job in the worlds richest nation is in fact complaining that you're only in the top 10% of the world's wealthiest population, but you're upset that you can't find economic uses of your time that would push you into the top 5% of the world's population, because that's your birthright as a citizen. Most of the world works 60 hours a week for the equivalent of what you can buy for $2.

Then the truly desperate have things like polio, malaria, AIDS etc. Malaria alone kills half a million people a year. If you're in a house typing on a computer that's attached to the internet about how your station in life isn't good enough, because you can't find enough to do to make more money, then spare a thought for the vast majority of humanity for whom what you already have is a pipedream.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 04:12:17 pm by Reelya »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113354 on: June 15, 2018, 04:05:41 pm »

All of this is true though. Just because it's not hard in the same way doesn't mean it's easy.

I, for instance, can't say "Well the huns aren't coming, so I guess my son's inability to speak thereby stunting his developmental growth and crippling his life options for decades to come unless we can afford special therapies isn't a real problem".

That's not how problems work, you see. At the same time, though Roboto, again I'm not involved or knowledgeable about what's going on with you, but you seem to be working places that are famously famous for offering jobs where you will 100% be exploited in that way. Also, it does seem uh... unlikely that 100% of everyone you work for is out to get you. One thing you do control is the way you present yourself to people.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 04:08:45 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 7555 7556 [7557] 7558 7559 ... 8153