Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7625 7626 [7627] 7628 7629 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8473987 times)

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114390 on: October 09, 2018, 03:50:03 pm »

Thanks man. I don't believe I have any identifying paperwork of a critical nature in there, or at least I hope not. I'm right in the middle of a background check for a job too. Figures. I hope and think it is mostly inconvenience, but still.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114391 on: October 09, 2018, 03:54:22 pm »

Oof, noone needs that stress during a job related background check. Blehhh

Glad you're ok tho
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114392 on: October 11, 2018, 11:00:39 am »

This week was a mess with this day at the top of it:
Context, I serve as a conscript at the IDF at a staff job,I'm also starting a Master's degree next week and because holidays anddelay in my acceptence I missed the standart registration days and could only start from about a week ago

This day started with me not knowing if I'm registerd to any course because the secretery don't answer mails and they don't exept phones so close to the start of the semester, the bus being late in 15 minutes and traffic making it so I get to base an huor after I thought I would, almost missing the Colonel replacment event(?), after the event I argued with my commanding Sergeant first class about letting me go to the university, which is about half a hour in bus rides away from the base, to check the situation because if I waited to the end of the day I don't think I would've cought anyone there, evenualy I found out that only one of the courses that I tried to get to had a free spot so I have this entire semester one course and next one I'll probobly need to take extra two, and my work was shit as usual.

I hope this course is good or I could get into others later, this is the only thing that stops me from cutting myself and getting out of this place for mental illness.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #114393 on: October 11, 2018, 11:28:54 am »

I am tilted enough from the current political situation in my country that yesterday I slipped while going down stairs and have to limp around today.

Fucking hell.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 12:31:01 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114394 on: October 11, 2018, 12:07:54 pm »

Curse mementos
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 02:01:59 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #114395 on: October 13, 2018, 01:43:15 am »

Curse memory
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 01:50:04 am by Eschar »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114396 on: October 13, 2018, 01:49:46 am »

I dunno about the rest of humanity being happier, should it be spared interacting with me...

But I strongly believe I would be much happier without all the human interaction forced upon me by humanity at large. (To be perfectly honest, I would rather deal with the wolves at the door in the literal sense, than deal with angry tax collectors, obstinate government officials, people who cannot comprehend that their children are only important to THEM, the whole "Social media" gagglefuck, and all that stuff. An assertion that seems to be backed by actual evidence.)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #114397 on: October 13, 2018, 01:55:22 am »

But I strongly believe I would be much happier without all the human interaction forced upon me by humanity at large.

Agreed. I gain unparalleled pleasure from isolation.

(To be perfectly honest, I would rather deal with the wolves at the door in the literal sense, than deal with angry tax collectors, obstinate government officials, people who cannot comprehend that their children are only important to THEM, the whole "Social media" gagglefuck, and all that stuff. An assertion that seems to be backed by actual evidence.)

The (metaphorical) wolves at the door and myself are aggravating for the same reason: being stupidly self-centered.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 01:58:57 am by Eschar »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114398 on: October 13, 2018, 12:59:10 pm »

I just need to stop overanalyzing every little thing. All I did was get into a discussion about anime and stuff with a guy at the library, and it's a guy that's worked there and I've gotten friendlier with him over the course of many visits over the course of the last 2 or so years. So as I was getting out of there, I offered him my phone number and thought maybe we could be friends. He politely refused, but it still crushes me inside, and I'm caught up thinking "God I'm so stupid it's not like we're chummy or know eachother really well. It was stupid to ask. And I probably look unkempt and dirty cause I just came to the library to ask about some books, so I wasn't looking fresh, not nearly adequate enough for social interaction, let alone trying to make friends with people when they can look at me and instantly deduce I'm a stupid slob. God I'm just so fucking shit at life."

It's this exact feeling that gets in the way of me meeting anyone new, how will I ever get out of my stupid fucking rut in life.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114399 on: October 13, 2018, 01:21:26 pm »

I just need to stop overanalyzing every little thing. All I did was get into a discussion about anime and stuff with a guy at the library, and it's a guy that's worked there and I've gotten friendlier with him over the course of many visits over the course of the last 2 or so years. So as I was getting out of there, I offered him my phone number and thought maybe we could be friends. He politely refused, but it still crushes me inside, and I'm caught up thinking "God I'm so stupid it's not like we're chummy or know eachother really well. It was stupid to ask. And I probably look unkempt and dirty cause I just came to the library to ask about some books, so I wasn't looking fresh, not nearly adequate enough for social interaction, let alone trying to make friends with people when they can look at me and instantly deduce I'm a stupid slob. God I'm just so fucking shit at life."

It's this exact feeling that gets in the way of me meeting anyone new, how will I ever get out of my stupid fucking rut in life.

Hey, it's their loss. This is why I don't try to make friends with people I only interact with in a professional capacity though. They are working, so they pretty much have to be nice to you. It can lead to misunderstandings.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114400 on: October 13, 2018, 01:39:50 pm »

I'm super friendly and also don't like making new friends. I like small social circles so I am perfectly happy to be friendly daily with somsone and not meet up with them for social activity.

Probably all it is with that guy too.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114401 on: October 13, 2018, 07:39:26 pm »

That's been an issue for a long time. Can't remember if I found a workaround or not...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114402 on: October 14, 2018, 02:33:46 am »

Trying to find an old post of mine and I can't because the search function's borked. I can get the first page of results, but if I try to click any other pages it says that there are no results.
I´ll help you!
Is it this one?

*eye twitches*
where does he live? I want his gun.
no, I'm not insane *eye twitches*
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114403 on: October 14, 2018, 06:25:24 am »

Wait, what the hell? That was right smack in the middle of a serious conversation about a homicidal maniac hunting the OP down.

I don't know whether my laughter is appropriate any more.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114404 on: October 14, 2018, 06:35:52 am »

Wait, what the hell? That was right smack in the middle of a serious conversation about a homicidal maniac hunting the OP down.

I don't know whether my laughter is appropriate any more.
He stopped posting permanently a few months later. I think the homicidal maniac won  :o
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister
Pages: 1 ... 7625 7626 [7627] 7628 7629 ... 8153