Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7626 7627 [7628] 7629 7630 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8436946 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114405 on: October 14, 2018, 09:45:02 am »

That appears to have been their only post. I suppose we can hope it was simply a throwaway account, made for the sole purpose of discussing such a sensitive topic.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114406 on: October 14, 2018, 09:57:33 am »

That appears to have been their only post. I suppose we can hope it was simply a throwaway account, made for the sole purpose of discussing such a sensitive topic.
Or maybe he entered a witness protection programme
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114407 on: October 14, 2018, 10:03:18 am »

Have this crippling headache that makes me want to saw off half my head (the half that hurts). That or chew a bunch of pills to sleep through it.

Sadly there's no rest for the wicked, so I have to do a ton of stuff today including things involving heavy physical work.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114408 on: October 14, 2018, 02:22:26 pm »

Escaped Lunatic: "Guys, someone has threatened to kill me, help."
Greatorder: *Twitching* GUNS! GIVE ME HIS GUNS! Mwahahahhahahahahah!
Escaped Lunatic: .... Anyone else? Pls?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114409 on: October 14, 2018, 02:36:20 pm »

Huh, I don't recall making that post.

Should be noted, that was back when I was socially incompetent, hence the kinda inappropriate response.
Should be noted I struggled to find an adequatedly embarrasing post. Even in Life Advice, which is an everlasting mine of embarrasing posts
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #114410 on: October 14, 2018, 03:24:48 pm »

I suppose you missed the whole thing of me thinking that fapping was the noise a keyboard made when being typed with.

I'm siggin that

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114411 on: October 14, 2018, 03:35:10 pm »

Ahahahahahahaha

Sorry, couldn't contain myself. May your infamy live on.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114412 on: October 14, 2018, 05:24:18 pm »

Wait, what the hell? That was right smack in the middle of a serious conversation about a homicidal maniac hunting the OP down.

I don't know whether my laughter is appropriate any more.

weirdly, there are two Escaped Lunatic accounts who posted in that thread, both of whom have "last active" times within a couple of days of each other.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=56407
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=48685

That's either an odd coincidence or they're sock puppets of the same person.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114413 on: October 14, 2018, 05:45:54 pm »

I don't know why people would sockpuppet here. Why would Pathos need to create a new account just for one brief discussion? What are we up to...?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114414 on: October 14, 2018, 06:47:53 pm »

If you sock puppet somewhere small then it's much less work to dominate the place. People who are in it for some kind of power-trip only might prefer a small to mid sized forum.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #114415 on: October 15, 2018, 09:44:46 am »

Damned flu, getting family sick right before a vacation.
Urgh.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114416 on: October 15, 2018, 10:05:54 am »

I don't know why people would sockpuppet here. Why would Pathos need to create a new account just for one brief discussion? What are we up to...?
Curse my eternal noobhood, but who was Pathos?
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #114417 on: October 15, 2018, 10:09:04 am »

Curse my eternal noobhood, but who was Pathos?
We’re all Pathos, man.

So far as I’m aware, Pathos was banned, then created new accounts to rail against that ban, which subsequently got banned. The joke being we’re all Pathos sock puppets.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114418 on: October 15, 2018, 01:17:42 pm »

Something that's been on my mind recently, is that the path to absolving my many woes is clear and obvious to me... but what it always devolves down to is a lot of work. If I'm tired of my job, I better set out and look for a new job, and job seek like job seeking is my job. If I'm tired out being out of shape, I better put in relentless effort and practice strict, uncompromising self-control in my diet every day, again like it's my full-time job. If I'm tired of being lonely, I better log in the hours at social events or dating sites no matter how disgusting and degenerate that behavior seems, again I better make it my job and it doesn't matter if you like your job or not, you just do it or you do without the benefit it gives you.

What it boils down to is that apparently all the activities that comprise 'life' are just fucking unfun. That living is a chore. That I can't win if I do or don't. That every creature on the planet had a childhood that gave them the training needed to become an adult, but not me, my childhood just left me totally unprepared for the wide gamut of trials that were waiting for me, and I'm an adult that's weak, scared, lazy, and lost; just totally unfit for the world I was birthed into.

God I just wish I could reroll and start over.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114419 on: October 15, 2018, 01:29:54 pm »

Most everyone ends up having no goddam idea how to live their adult life before they start doing it.  Some people are just better at pretending. People who say "Yeah man I left my parents house and just had no problems man" are lying through their goddam teeth and praying that noone finds out about that time they exploded their washing machine and blamed the old lady downstairs.

That's like one of those "ha ha cliche" things, but the reason people call it a fake cliche is because it makes it sound like they totally always had it together when they didn't (or don't), see above.

Anyway chores are about maintenance, living is about doing something fulfilling. What do you SPECIFICALLY WANT to be doing that you CAN'T do right now? Specifically. If you don't have specifics, that's literally the first thing to think about.

Also the job thing has always been a thing but is more common now, methinks. A lot of people want to switch jobs and can't, for various reasons. There are plenty of places I could go because I've got experience now, but I can't. Can't go 6 months without insurance though, I've got a special needs kid who uses that insurance like, weekly, and I sure as hell can't afford short term insurance.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 7626 7627 [7628] 7629 7630 ... 8153