Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7643 7644 [7645] 7646 7647 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471827 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114660 on: November 05, 2018, 11:57:26 am »

*quietly slides his two full prescriptions out of view*

I'm in the middle of a depressive episode!
Damn. I hope if passes quickly so you can get back to normalish levels.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #114661 on: November 05, 2018, 12:05:40 pm »

Well, I'm bummed out.

A very good friend of mine is now a pariah in the university because she dared to bring forth that a teacher had been sexually harassing the students and the other teachers... covered up for him. Even the ones that a week prior were speaking in events about sexual harassment. Student associations also decided to just turn their backs and let her take the flak, because of course those shitstains did that.

And she can't do shit because she's just and undergrad and anything done against the status quo in the institute is obviously a fascist ploy. Nevermind that the teachers come crying to us undergrads when actual fascists try to repress them, when a student is in danger? Haha, fuck you got mine.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114662 on: November 05, 2018, 12:48:50 pm »

I'll be alright. It'd probably help if I took my meds.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114663 on: November 05, 2018, 02:04:13 pm »

I'll be alright. It'd probably help if I took my meds.
Yes, please do that.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #114664 on: November 05, 2018, 02:37:27 pm »

take your meds doofus <3
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114665 on: November 05, 2018, 03:01:03 pm »

Well, I think they don't actually work. The anxiety one does but the depression medication does nothing. I wish they'd try something other than fucking SSRIs.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #114666 on: November 05, 2018, 03:03:11 pm »

fucking SSRIs.

Uh... you’re doing it wrong. /ha

You’re American though, I’m sure if you ask them they’ll try something else.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114667 on: November 05, 2018, 03:07:23 pm »

Screaming Snakes Ride Icebergs?
Special Sauce Really Important?
Super Saiyan Rhode Islanders?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114668 on: November 05, 2018, 03:09:52 pm »

I mean, most depression medication takes like, 3 months to level out and start having the proper effect.

Mind, that's three months of daily usage in a row. Something I personally wasn't able to achieve.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114669 on: November 05, 2018, 03:25:01 pm »

Well, I think they don't actually work. The anxiety one does but the depression medication does nothing. I wish they'd try something other than fucking SSRIs.
As has been mentioned, you need to be taking them regularly for there to be an effect. Furthermore, they're not "happy pills". They don't make you magically feel happy and grand and high. What they do, is they reduce the frequency and intensity of depressive episodes.

Personally, I have micro-episodes that only really last a day or two at a time. I went from having one nearly every week, to having maybe 3-4 a year. Which is an improvement, to say the least.

They don't make you "good", they just make you "stable". But yes, you do actually need to take them regularly in order for that to work... And the change is gradual, as well as being fairly subtle from a first-person perspective... And they're the safest alternatives you have, with the fewest notable side effects.

Like, sure, you could try and wrangle your doc into giving you MAOIs... But then you'd better hope to fuck that you get the right one on your first try, because they can have permanent effects.

Unless your doc suddenly turns into your Ket contact and you wind up being one of the lucky individuals who gets a good reaction to K without the nasty side effects, SSRIs are generally your best bet. And there are a lot of different meds just within the SSRI umbrella, talk with your doc. But you've gotta give them a chance.

Screaming Snakes Ride Icebergs?
Special Sauce Really Important?
Super Saiyan Rhode Islanders?
Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. An awfully convoluted name...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114670 on: November 05, 2018, 03:45:52 pm »

I know this. I took them for four or so months near the beginning of summer. Also I did my own research on them. I'm not looking for happy pills. I've tried IIRC three or four varieties.

I have a fairly regular cycle of weeks. I'll be fine for two to four weeks on average, then rapidly worsen for two or three weeks. Seemed not to change while I was on my meds.

In any case, I haven't tried to get in to talk to my doc. I just deal with it most of the time.
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114671 on: November 05, 2018, 03:51:45 pm »

In any case, I haven't tried to get in to talk to my doc. I just deal with it most of the time.
Referring to your GP in this case or your shrink? Speaking of, do you go to a psychiatrist or a psychologist for your headshrinking?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114672 on: November 05, 2018, 03:59:50 pm »

No, I don't have a shrink. I keep trying to work up the courage to get a referral but haven't managed it.
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114673 on: November 05, 2018, 04:11:18 pm »

No, I don't have a shrink. I keep trying to work up the courage to get a referral but haven't managed it.
Do you have to ask for a referral or could you start without one?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114674 on: November 05, 2018, 04:18:54 pm »

I don't actually know. I'll look it up.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 7643 7644 [7645] 7646 7647 ... 8153