Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7644 7645 [7646] 7647 7648 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470720 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114675 on: November 05, 2018, 04:21:34 pm »

No, I don't have a shrink. I keep trying to work up the courage to get a referral but haven't managed it.
Do you have to ask for a referral or could you start without one?
You can find some folks without one, but in the US it's a sea of money-grabbers (Bachelors in Psychology, and you're asking $80 an hour? What the fuck are you on?) and it's a right effort actually going through all of them on your own. A referral is generally a good idea, even if you do occasionally get passed around a bit before finding the right fit (I talked with a student counselor who referred me to a doc who referred me to a psychologist who referred me to a psychiatrist who referred me to his temporary stand-in while he was on vacation, and she ended up being the one for me).

But yeah, the pills are a stopgap at best on their own, it's talking with someone that helps. I can't say there have been any big psycho-tactics or "actions" taken since I started talking with her, but I am so much stronger now compared to how I was back in 2013 that it's barely even comparable. Like, I've fucked up and failed most of the "homework assignments" she gives me, but shit... I'm still better for it.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114676 on: November 08, 2018, 01:36:50 pm »

Less of a sad and more embarassment and shame

Looked back on the Norse fortress mod thread and good lord, I was an annoying little shit before rehab.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114677 on: November 09, 2018, 02:29:54 am »

Amount of sleep is not the only thing that matters; timing of sleep does as well. Since you’re doing this at 5am I have a feeling your recent sleep has been somewhat irregular and not very aligned with the day-night cycle.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114678 on: November 09, 2018, 06:58:29 pm »

It could have also been low blood sugar or dehydration. Those may be pretty difficult to notice unless you’re looking for them specifically.

Human brains occassionally stop working on their own as well, there need not be a specific reason.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #114679 on: November 10, 2018, 07:59:02 am »

Looked back on the Norse fortress mod thread and good lord, I was an annoying little shit before rehab.

We're all annoying little shits in the past

The present is just annoying shit acting yet to be realised
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114680 on: November 11, 2018, 12:52:30 am »

Lost my phone last night like a big stupid idiot. I had no reason to stay out so late anyway.
Dumb.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114681 on: November 11, 2018, 01:30:08 am »

We're all annoying little shits in the past

The present is just annoying shit acting yet to be realised
This is so zen. I would quote you but I would have to remove this other gem of a quote

I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114682 on: November 11, 2018, 08:48:34 am »

It was Socrates who said: "In this, then, I am the wiser; For he thinks himself not annoying shit yet annoys shit, but I, enlightened, do not think that I do not annoy shit that I annoy"

Edit: it's not as Zen as that fqllve quote though. I love that quote.

I miss fqllve.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 08:52:20 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114683 on: November 11, 2018, 09:24:35 am »

You guys remember that time Aristotle just decided men have more teeth than women, and made no evidence for that claim, and then just moved on after a single sentence

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114684 on: November 11, 2018, 09:30:20 am »

You guys remember that time Aristotle just decided men have more teeth than women, and made no evidence for that claim, and then just moved on after a single sentence
If that was the only thing he had said about women it wouldn't be nearly as bad
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114685 on: November 11, 2018, 09:40:48 am »

Remember that time {Historical Person} was kinda shitty?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114686 on: November 11, 2018, 09:44:45 am »

I always figured his wife or some other woman he knew actually had missing teeth, and he didn't realise this.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114687 on: November 11, 2018, 09:47:15 am »

Remember that time Aristotle caused an angsty teenager to invade the entirety of the known world instead of dealing with his mommy issues?

Good times.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114688 on: November 11, 2018, 10:28:13 am »

I always figured his wife or some other woman he knew actually had missing teeth, and he didn't realise this.
Considering how much Aristotle contributed to the ancient scientific method and higher learning in general, he had some seriously dumb ideas at times. Like, fairly often. For no real reason other than spite.

And then there's Democritus over here pulling atomic theory out of his goddamn ass...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114689 on: November 11, 2018, 10:33:20 am »

Do men have bigger teeth than women, generally speaking?

If so, I must insist Aristotles be at least technically correct :P
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 7644 7645 [7646] 7647 7648 ... 8153