Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7858 7859 [7860] 7861 7862 ... 7878

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 4394859 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Cogito ergo sum periculosus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117885 on: November 05, 2018, 03:45:52 pm »

I know this. I took them for four or so months near the beginning of summer. Also I did my own research on them. I'm not looking for happy pills. I've tried IIRC three or four varieties.

I have a fairly regular cycle of weeks. I'll be fine for two to four weeks on average, then rapidly worsen for two or three weeks. Seemed not to change while I was on my meds.

In any case, I haven't tried to get in to talk to my doc. I just deal with it most of the time.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117886 on: November 05, 2018, 03:51:45 pm »

In any case, I haven't tried to get in to talk to my doc. I just deal with it most of the time.
Referring to your GP in this case or your shrink? Speaking of, do you go to a psychiatrist or a psychologist for your headshrinking?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117887 on: November 05, 2018, 03:59:50 pm »

No, I don't have a shrink. I keep trying to work up the courage to get a referral but haven't managed it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117888 on: November 05, 2018, 04:11:18 pm »

No, I don't have a shrink. I keep trying to work up the courage to get a referral but haven't managed it.
Do you have to ask for a referral or could you start without one?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117889 on: November 05, 2018, 04:18:54 pm »

I don't actually know. I'll look it up.
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117890 on: November 05, 2018, 04:21:34 pm »

Do you have to ask for a referral or could you start without one?
You can find some folks without one, but in the US it's a sea of money-grabbers (Bachelors in Psychology, and you're asking $80 an hour? What the fuck are you on?) and it's a right effort actually going through all of them on your own. A referral is generally a good idea, even if you do occasionally get passed around a bit before finding the right fit (I talked with a student counselor who referred me to a doc who referred me to a psychologist who referred me to a psychiatrist who referred me to his temporary stand-in while he was on vacation, and she ended up being the one for me).

But yeah, the pills are a stopgap at best on their own, it's talking with someone that helps. I can't say there have been any big psycho-tactics or "actions" taken since I started talking with her, but I am so much stronger now compared to how I was back in 2013 that it's barely even comparable. Like, I've fucked up and failed most of the "homework assignments" she gives me, but shit... I'm still better for it.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117891 on: November 08, 2018, 01:36:50 pm »

Less of a sad and more embarassment and shame

Looked back on the Norse fortress mod thread and good lord, I was an annoying little shit before rehab.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117892 on: November 08, 2018, 02:48:11 pm »

I forgot just how much I hated searching for sources.

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117893 on: November 09, 2018, 12:13:00 am »

Finished the assessment, and I'm positive I've done a shitty job.

I know why, it's because I can't concentrate and my brain's struggling to make sense of the questions posed. I can't ever recall a time my brain's failed this hard without me being seriously sleep deprived, whereas this has been going on all day after 10 hours of sleep. For two days. Following several days of adequate rest.

I have no idea what's going on, and it's stressing me the fuck out. If this doesn't sort itself, I'm 100% going to the doctor. Definitely grabbing some multivitamins later (since it's 5am, so "tomorrow" doesn't work. I would have finished this in decent time IF MY BRAIN WAS FUCKING FUNCTIONING PROPERLY) just in case I'm missing something there which is causing the issue.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117894 on: November 09, 2018, 02:29:54 am »

Amount of sleep is not the only thing that matters; timing of sleep does as well. Since you’re doing this at 5am I have a feeling your recent sleep has been somewhat irregular and not very aligned with the day-night cycle.
Melting in a giant, bacon-smelling inferno caused by trying to build a castle out of giant chunks of meat. Overall, not the worst way to go.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum physics.

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117895 on: November 09, 2018, 06:01:15 am »

Amount of sleep is not the only thing that matters; timing of sleep does as well. Since you’re doing this at 5am I have a feeling your recent sleep has been somewhat irregular and not very aligned with the day-night cycle.
That was an issue last week (thanks to my throbbing toe), I've mostly sorted it now.

The reason I was up so early is that the assignment was due in today, and because I was struggling with it it took far, FAR longer than it should have to complete.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117896 on: November 09, 2018, 06:58:29 pm »

It could have also been low blood sugar or dehydration. Those may be pretty difficult to notice unless you’re looking for them specifically.

Human brains occassionally stop working on their own as well, there need not be a specific reason.
Melting in a giant, bacon-smelling inferno caused by trying to build a castle out of giant chunks of meat. Overall, not the worst way to go.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum physics.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • I have a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #117897 on: November 10, 2018, 07:59:02 am »

Looked back on the Norse fortress mod thread and good lord, I was an annoying little shit before rehab.

We're all annoying little shits in the past

The present is just annoying shit acting yet to be realised
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117898 on: November 11, 2018, 12:52:30 am »

Lost my phone last night like a big stupid idiot. I had no reason to stay out so late anyway.
Dumb.
Somehow Yoink looks as much a pirate as the man dressed as one. Probably even has rum stashed near him somewhere
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117899 on: November 11, 2018, 01:30:08 am »

We're all annoying little shits in the past

The present is just annoying shit acting yet to be realised
This is so zen. I would quote you but I would have to remove this other gem of a quote

I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 7858 7859 [7860] 7861 7862 ... 7878